buying mls package

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by nthemsum, May 14, 2006.

1. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    Looking into mls payperview TV but was wondering if it was worth it. Today it seemed that all of the games started at the sametime and im not sure if i want to channel switch and i dont have dvr to record one why the other is going. So a little advice is the none espn produced games worth watching or are they like the games FSC showed last year where the audio is horrible and camera movement leaves something for the imagination?

2. Neutral Fan

Neutral Fan New Member

Dec 27, 2000
    The games are better because they are played night with cooler temperatures. You can pick the best match up of the week in. The broadcast quality is all over the map from very bad to good. The direct kick package is a good deal. Get a DVR it will change the way you watch TV.

Aaron

3. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    It's worth it to me because I'm an MLS fan in England, though I do have a few issues with it none are serious. Those of you in the U.S. are probably better to get that Direct Kick thing and a DVR.

4. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    You can usually watch 3 entire games without much problem. The night games usually work out with one starting at 7:30 eastern and there's usually a west coast or mountain time game that starts later. Later on in the year there are midweek and Sunday games that are on TV. I want to watch DC every week so it's a great package. The Red Bulls have a great broadcast with a 30 minute "Running of the Bulls" pregame show. They also usually have JP Dellacamera who is the best soccer announcer in the US.

5. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

buy a DVR.... problem solved

6. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    Thanks for the advice. Do they ever blackout games due to attendance issues?

7. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    Nope. I think they may be blacked out if you live in an MLS market and the game is already on another channel but I'm not sure of that. The games available are listed at MLSNet.com. Most of the HDNet games aren't available on DK.

8. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Definitely worth 69$. Get TIVO.