Buying Merchandise Overseas

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Giodude, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Giodude

Giodude Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    Club Atlante
    I found a scarf online but it's only sold in their official website, its like 8£ plus the delivery, I was wondering if I'm going to pay high fees and stuff like that, for it to be imported.

Does anyone have experience with buying online from the team shop, did anyone encounter problems and is it worth it or its too expensive.

Online shops in the States aren't selling it here

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. Johnny Bundesliga

Aug 6, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Last year, I put together an order with a few others from this board:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1303376

At that time, international delivery was free with a minimum 50 pounds order, which we reached with several scarfs and a couple of other items that some of the others wanted. So I was able to forward on to everyone else for just the item cost plus the additional domestic shipping cost. (I believe the scarf alone fit in the small USPS flat rate box for like $5.)

After a quick scan of the official club store, it looks they don't have the free international shipping any more (although they have a special deal on UK shipping right now, so perhaps they occasionally have international shipping offer, too).

But I can confirm that there were no additional duties, etc., on packages coming from the UK to the US.

I'd email them to see if they can help with shipping, etc. Email address here: http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/help/help.aspx?hpg=contactus

4. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have bought several items from them (I'm in California) the shipping will double the cost of your scarf at least. I was part of Johnny's order for the Mancini scarves and it saved us a bunch. Hopefully they will start up a US store soon since they have started the US site.

5. Giodude

Giodude Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    Club Atlante
    Yeah too bad I wasnt aware that deal, I'm afraid that I'm going too paid more double the scarf just to get it here

6. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try ebay first there are some resellers in the states.

7. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The listed price on the site for items includes the VAT tax. If you were to buy a full price home shirt and put it in your cart, then put US shipping ($11) it drops the VAT which on a full price shirt is almost equal.

I hope they don't open up a US store because buying new things from mcfc(kitbag) and shipping them here is cheaper than buying them from SportsEndeavors(worldsoccershop.com) which is who run all the major european club shops.

8. Giodude

Giodude Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    Club Atlante
    So how much did your bank charge your credit/debit card for international purchases, I'm thinking of using my debit, but I want to get an idea of the fee that my bank is going to charge me.

Or should I use Paypal?

9. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use Paypal. I just bought a vintage City shirt from a UK site and the shipping was only $16 via Royal mail.