Buying Christano Ronaldo To Play Reserves Football - Transfers/Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i got a hunchback that manchester city will sign eidur gudjohnsen lol.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    only if none of the big 4 is interested in him. hughes is going after Roque Santa Cruz and that will be his trophy this summer.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL it'll be a Rovers-reunion now! Watch him go after Brad Friedul + David Bentley next.

4. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Santa Cruz should not be in our thoughts now, he's more and more resembling a one season wonder. There are other strikers we could throw our money around for, or at least try to. I think Anelka, who we're now being heavily linked to, would be a better signing. We've had him before and he's a sulky bastard but he's the #2 top scorer in the league this year, while Santa Cruz has been injured for most of it.

Still want David Villa though, he's just as good as Torres and playing for a club that aren't major. He might not want to come but I doubt Robinho did, if we throw obscene money Valencia's way, lets see what can happen.

Oh, we're apparently signing Yaya Toure for 25 mil according to one paper and John Terry (yeah, right) is our #1 target according to another. Crazy summer forthcoming...

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Anelka's fine but he's a bit old for my taste.

We really need to finish 7th before David Villa will even consider us. He might downgrade to Europa from Champion's League, but there's no way he'll downgrade only playing league games

6. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia are only 1 point above the Europa zone, so he might necessaily need to "downgrade" just yet. Of course as you say City will need to get into the 7th spot for there to be any chance of him coming. But I'm not sure he is going to want to come to City, or the EPL for that matter.

7. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool is going to have first dibs on Villa -- he'll go there before he comes to us assuming L'pool can come up with the $$$ (a big if). I think we should go after Kun Arguero myself -- especially if Atletico Madrid do not make it to the CL...

Also, apparently Zlatan Ibrahimovic is done at Inter... of course that's a lot of baggage and attitude, something we have an abundance of in the side already. I would love for us to get the serbian Peter Crouch -- Nikola Zigic. Also, I wonder how much Villareal would want for Rossi? There are going to be some serious bargains this summer to be had from teams that aren't in the CL. I just hope we don't waste a bunch of energy chasing Kakas and Riberys when Argueros can be had for less cash.

8. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it'd be smart to snatch up a rising star before they become any more expensive. So I agree with getting someone like Aguero.

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do realise that you're just asking for a Yank Abroad invasion don't you? :rolleyes:

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.. this is why I don't like the Anelka thing too much. Man City should try and copy what Chelsea were doing about half a decade ago (b4 Abrahamovic went all Galactico) - buying up the cream of Europe's top rising stars... they are young, hungry for success and ready to mold into a coherent team. Besides, you've already go Bellamey + Robinho...do you really want Anelka in there just to wrap things up in the dressing room? Aguero would be a great signing if u can get him.

11. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    FYI

I don't want him to leave, but after we just failed to lock down a Champions League spot I imagine Luis Suarez will be on his way out of Amsterdam. You are probably one of the only clubs in the world that can afford him and lack the depth to play him regularly at the same time. He's a bit taller than Aguero but extremely pacey and skillful on the ball. He has put up great numbers this season replacing Huntelaar as the featured attacker on our squad, scoring 22 league goals and assisting on 14. He'll surely cost less than Aguero, but Ajax has been known to negotiate wicked high fees for it's star players so don't expect a deal...

There are a bunch of videos showcasing his skills on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=Luis+Suarez&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=