Buying Christano Ronaldo To Play Reserves Football - Transfers/Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I agree with Joelzinho, he has a lot of potential. Very impressed with what I saw when he was at CSKA...and I don't think you can pick up a couple of caps for Brazil barely out of your teens unless you've got a lot of talent. Add the fact that Moyes (a quality manager imo) rates him...

Assuming part of the loan deal wasn't that Everton could buy him if he does well...

Will he play in that game? Isn't there usually an agreement that a loaned player can't play against the club that owns him?

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a team that was in the dire straight that they were on they sure did little to no selling. I didn't expect them to sell Villa or Silva, but I'm sure that they could have sold a few of their other players.

4. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we decide we need them, we better blow Valencia out of the water the day the window opens for Silva and Villa otherwise they'll both go to Liverpool to be with El Nino.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware of all the clauses of loans. In that case, we're destined to lose Jo if he continues to light it up.

6. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Jo was in a tough spot all along, first he carries a big price tag and big expectations. Also he was purchased by Frank and Hughes, so there is always a bit of problem in that situation. I dont dislike him but not a huge fan neither. He may just be one of those players that flourish under one system and fails in another.

And even if Valencia is in dire financial needs they will not give us a discount for Villa. City is seen as the cash cow, no one will come cheap ;)

7. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    I actually do think Robinho whines a lot, and is at times bad for team morale, but it is excusable given his incredible talent. I have always claimed he is as naturally talented as the best in football, if only his attitude and mental strength was kept in check.

8. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It almost doesn't matter -- we've made our bed with Robinho as the mattress and now we have to sleep in it. If we ship him out after less than a year we will lose a whole lot of credibility as he is our record transfer. The only way to offload Robinho (and I am NOT advocating that) would be AFTER bringing in Benzema, Villa etc. Robinho is going to need skillful man management...

9. pazzmore

pazzmore Member

Jun 17, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HEY! I will never "give up" on a higher place in the standings... I was just expressing my MCFCFrustration on not giving players enough PT and then sending them away only to find out that when they play enough minutes and get into the flow (or lack-there-of) of the Prem, they succeed.

I think we were FOOLISH to send Jô to another team above us in the standings. We need tall players up top who can change up our attack when we get nowhere playing our army of Little People. Benjani is the same height as Jô, but they should be on the same team and have to challenge each other for the starting spot. Caicedo is a big man too, only an inch shorter, but plays a different type of game...

10. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  11. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  13. pazzmore

pazzmore Member

Jun 17, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is an odd one, indeed. Could it be a sign that we will let Kasper or Joe leave at the end of the season, making Nielsen our new #3 goalie?

15. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Most likely scenario,

Kasper leaves.
    Filip Mental (best name ever) becomes 3rd choice.
    Nielson is youth/reserves keeper.

16. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if I'm not mistaken Kasper has said he might want to leave (this around the time Given was signed).

17. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  18. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just can't see it unless Given's ability starts to decline. Given is just so good and has been nearly flawless for us. Joe is great but I think he's year's off having Given's maturity and if you look at most of the world's top teams, they have a general in goal.

19. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Didnt hear about this before but apparently a bid was placed for Benzema... I wonder what the bid was, he is such a great and young talent with a huge upside. Lyon always gets more than face value for its players, but I think even if its 30 million pounds it would be worth the price... hopefully we will have another go at him in the summer market.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=620709&cc=5901

21. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Did anyone catch the Blackburn - Everton game? The commentator really ripped into Jo, saying things like its as if Everton played an hour with only 10 men, he doesnt run into space, he doesnt work hard, he doesnt run with pace, etc etc...

So much for his wonder debut, hes better pick it up else he will be riding the bench on loan...

22. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's the same problem he was having while with City. He just seems to be a bit lost at times and wanders a bit too much.

23. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its almost certain now that Valencia will sell David Villa, David Silva, and possibly other key players (Liverpool are after one of their defenders) in summer as they are £400,000,000 in debt. This is from the club's mouth too.

We've been interested in Villa and he is one of the best forwards in the world. Honestly I think he's every bit as good as Torres and could be our big capture in summer (papers today said we're going for Messi... lets not embarrass ourselves again, please...) if he's willing to jump for money or "the big project that is Manchester City".

David Silva is also a fantastic player but is another attacking midfielder-cum-striker who can play either side.

Remember these two start for the best international team in the world (well, some might argue Argentina?) so to sign both of them from the same club wouldn't seem odd. Its just if they would come to City and if they would fit in. They also work hard and I don't think they are primadonnas, at least not Villa who has stayed so loyal to Valencia despite the temptation of moving away.

24. pazzmore

pazzmore Member

Jun 17, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    either of those two would be totally awesome in city blue

25. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006