Buyer of Lazio Shares revealed

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Regency, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    CONSOB, the Italian stock exchange authority, declared today that Roberto Mezzaroma was the buyer of a 14.6% stake sold by Capitalia on June 30.

This is interesting considering that the Mezzaroma family is very wealthy, Lotito is married to one of the daughters and he doesn't get along with some members of the family. Last but not least, the Mezzaroma family coincidentally are ROMA Supporters.

http://www.laziofever.com/news.php?section=news&subject=MoreabouttheMezzarom.php

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    the Mezzaroma family is also known to be big players in real estate...so the positive spin could be they are getting involved seeing Lotito nearing closer to some sort of stadium deal...and theres money to be made.

I'm curious to hear what kind of statement they come out with regarding their purchase.

3. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Yeah, the article states that this looks purely like more of a real estate opportunity. Time will tell. Hopefully, it's a good thing for the club.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    this is what I take from the article:
    "It is still not known what Mezzaroma's interest in and intentions with Lazio are, nor if he is entering the club as a partner of Lotito's or if he's challenging Lotito for the control fo the club"

I assume its just a real estate thing because that the family business, but if its a takeover thing that could really muddle our summer rebuilding plans player wise.