"But can he win MLS?" - The Jose Mourinho Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ADiSKOTEC, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's the first coach to last two years since Del Bosque.
    Capello came won La Liga in his first season ending a four year trophy drought dethroning a treble winning Barcelona and was subsequently sacked. I don't see how Mourinho topped him and before bringing up the CL we were up against Bayern and came one disallowed Sergio Ramos goal away from advancing.
    Well Mourinho came here as some sort of expert at winning the CL and beating Barca. His record against Barca isn't even .500 and he has been tactically outmaneuvered three years in a row in the CL semi finals. He's also supposed to be a master at man management and lost the locker room.

WOW you must be really dense. I think winning the CL is your answer.

R.Baggio repped this.
  2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who is chasing Mou out?

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I brush it away because the only known issue between Casillas and Mourinho was the reaching out to Xavi and Puyol. That's when the things started to get noticeably different. I haven't heard anything else regarding how Casillas thinks he is above his peers. What have you heard? Maybe it will change my mind.

Can you believe how much we are talking about Jose Mourinho in the Jose Mourinho thread? When will the hate end?!?

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That is the one the media has chosen to highlight (Mourinho was reported to have issue with his work ethic in practice, average play/crosses/fk and his tattle-telling). There can be more, we don't know the full story about that situation. I'd love to hear the backstory on that one.

For me it's quite ironic they don't like each other considering they have similarities, for instance how much they like to talk to media figures.

I still can't get over the shock that a club's captain can rat his team out and people will defend it. If that was Benzema they'd be burning French effigies calling for his head. :D

surgeon repped this.
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really so who is responsible deciding the starting lineup.

6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    lets all make marca inspired headlines of each other and see what sort of reactions we get and how quickly it gets personal.

7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    If that is the case, why not bench him before match day 17? The Mourinho/Iker spat was not about form, no matter how people try to spin it. Was he playing great? No. The entire team was shit for a nice stretch of time. The Iker/Mourinho spat was about Xavi/Puyol and:

And the reason some people will defend Iker is because they don't like Mourinho. Just like people wanted to (still want to) get rid of Casillas and Ramos because they do like Mourinho. Unfortunately, people have indeed chosen sides. In my case it isn't about defending Iker, it is about Mourinho wearing on me with his pettiness. Fantastic coach; wish he would focus on that.

R.Baggio repped this.
  8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As of a certain post-match press conference on Tuesday, I agree. I was holding out hope, but you're right.

9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

PRE-TROPHIES BRO, just like pre-assists

natenate101, Chinky24 and Hsain85 repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He ratted on his teammates getting berated. Dude was giving detailed conversations and shit lol. If that ain't ratting out your teammates I don't know what is. Some shit like getting your ass handed to you by your coach should be kept behind closed doors. It can be embarrassing.

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That voice inside his head.

Akramzizou repped this.
  13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Start his deathwatch thread.

R.Baggio, Zidane05 and Hsain85 repped this.
  14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was the mess we KNEW we were getting into when he was hired. Demo was right, Flo rolled the dice and it worked up until this season. And when Valdano got the boot (not saying it was a bad decision) and Jose got more power, many of us were right to be skeptical. Now we are here, with him about ready to start shitting on players and the club while walking out the door. Not suprising in the least.
    Oh, and the improvement in Europe probably has a lot to do with the great assemblance of players in the year of Pellegrini, given more time together and with additions likes Ozil, Khedira, Di Maria, etc...Jose did his thing, but the players did their thing too and I'm pretty sure that had something to do with our improvement in the CL as well.
    Flo better not waive that clause. Unless Chelsea wanna throw us over Mata or Oscar....

Minduchio, raven3k, ElButre and 3 others repped this.