"But can he win MLS?" - The Jose Mourinho Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ADiSKOTEC, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just because he acts like a philosopher in public, doesn't mean he hasn't ever chased referees down the tunnel, even as a director. If there's one thing to dislike, it's the "i am perfect and define what others are supposed to be doing".

Mourinho is a fantastic coach, and most of all, our coach. Valdano can keep his remarks and attacks to himself. Everybody is fantastic but Mourinho. Diego Simeone? Magnificent guy and coach. Pep Guardiola? He reinvented football.

It's not like it's a new thing anyway (the Benitez-Mourinho rant back when Chelsea - Liverpool played for example), but if he doesn't like Mourinho, he can at least respect him.

2. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Valdano still feels the pain in his butt after the kick he got out of the club because of Jose.

Umar repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He didn't say anything that somebody hasn't mentioned here. He's a respected figure around football and a club legend, and the media is going to be interested in his opinion. You can choose not to read it, that's up to you. Btw, it's quite funny and ironic you mention the ""i am perfect and define what others are supposed to be doing" as something to dislike about Valdano...

What in this quote that he said was disrespectful to Mourinho in any way?

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is selling his affiliation to the club as his business card. he played for us at the end of his career, and coached us for about 2 years. The rest of the time he's been in the office. So when he's selling his 25 years in the club as an argument, he should also mention that players like Ronaldo have already played more games for Real Madrid than he did, and Mourinho has coached us longer than he did.

Great man and everything, but let's step on the breaks for a second.

Please don't try to pretend you're silly. The whole argument is "should Real Madrid criticize referee decisions or not?" lately. Considering Iker has criticized the referee in two matches in a row, Valdano must mean that Iker does not "defend the constitutional values of this club". This is actually the first thing i thought. Iker lost his mind during the Manchester City match, and this guy sits and says "we should defend the constitutional values of the club, the result is not as important".

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So you criticize Del Bosque for not showing his affiliation to the club, but you question why Valdano is showing his? I guess you can't win here.

He's speaking about the constant protesting. Mourinho didn't start protesting and making up excuses lately, Mourinho is the king of excuses. And in regards to anybody else who protested, the same goes to them, and I've said this a 100 times before. With that said, if the coach tells the team to quit whining and bitching, they would stop.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Del Bosque never sold his opinion as "i am at Real Madrid all my life, therefore, what i say is right". There is a difference to showing affiliation, and using it support your argument.

His problem isn't the complaining or excuses (he knows he's tried to talk himself out of everything and anything in the past), it's about his messages about Mourinho that come every few days.

Seriously, if Mourinho was such a horrible man, why didn't he step out at his arrival? If firing del Bosque was so horrible, why didn't he instantly disagree and step down instead of saying "well, i was wrong, but back then, even though it was not only me, we believed"

If Valdano saying his opinion is A OK, why should Mourinho not say his opinion? Why is Valdano the man to declare what is right for Madrid or not, as if the players who have strong emotional ties to the club (Arbeloa for example), who defend their coach are not doing the right thing?

At the end of the day, even you can notice that the man is bitter and enjoying his moment in the spotlight while we're doing bad. If he'd talk about the same stuff during the title celebrations, people would see him as a joke. When he's doing it at the situation we're in now, everybody listens, because he knows what people want him to deliver.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    When did he "sell" his opinion as that? You choose to read it as that.

I never said I agree with everything he's said. If you even go back to the first post of mine you quoted, did I not say some of the stuff he's said were bitter?

Because Valdano is not employed by the club, and Mourinho and all the players are. If Valdano said this while he was still employed by the club, he would have received huge backlash.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then why even mention it? Is there any other reason to mention the length of his affiliation with the club, other than to give his voice more authority?

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I didn't see him mentioning it in this interview.

So I guess you must think that Mourinho is also giving his voice more authority when he self-proclaims himself as the "Special One" or the "Only One" or raves about the number of titles he's won here and in England and in Italy...

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't see him mention Barcelona's "loser mentality" when he was acting like Guardiola invented football. He uses the "you're acting like Barcelona" more as an insult to Mourinho and people inside the club that support him more than anything else.

Of course he does. Mourinho uses his titles and success, Valdano the fact that he was employed by the club quite long. I don't agree with everything Mourinho says, far from it, but Valdano's preachy way of defining what's right is quite annoying, especially considering that while he's employed by the club he only uses his mouth in one direction.

Working with the club and we sign Ronaldo: "Ronaldo is incredible, i've never seen a player like him in my life"
    This month: "The only way Ronaldo can win the best player award is if people are bored of giving it to Messi"

Spot the difference! :ROFLMAO:

11. Benz09

Benz09 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    With your mom
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's true, Valdano is as hypocritical, if not more than Mourinho is. It's ridiculous to take these comments about complaining serious considering the nature of which this guy comments to the press. He's irrelevant, not part of the club anymore, he's clearly still bitter Mou was chosen over him.

12. *CRistiano9*

*CRistiano9* Member

Feb 26, 2010
    He can do what he wants, Florentino doesn't have the balls to fire him. This is one manager hes met his match.

13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The pro-Mou twitter campaign is on. A bunch of madridistas are looking to make #SoyMadridistaYdeMou a worldwide trending topic. My twitter feed is blowing up!! LOL

BTW, this was started by a group of fans in Spain that is very anti-media. They were asking people not to visit websites for Marca, AS, El Pais, etc.

14. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I don't think he's out if RM lose this weekend. It all hinges on the CL.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you buy the calendar? Seems hilarious and disturbing?

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Some of the pictures are fantastic! I didn't buy the calendar, but I saw the pics this morning.

17. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valdano is nothing more than a little bitch. End off.

18. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ballon d'Or coaches' award: "I don't have time to think about it. Guardiola does, because he's on holiday. So does Del Bosque, whose next match is three months away."

:ROFLMAO:

Hsain85 repped this.
  19. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn he can complain about anything. Poor me, I don't have time to think about my self (yeah right). Sadly he comes across as a bit jealous as well.

21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You come across as a complete bell end with no friends in life.

sneakking repped this.
  22. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Do you not complain about the same damn thing every day though :D

23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    ??

Things sometimes get confusing when you use the ignore list, but it's still totally worth it in the long run.

sneakking repped this.
  24. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ae you really that dumb or are you trolling? I know one can't expect much from you, but still, this is dumb even for Texas...