Buses from Port Authority in Manhattan?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by maverick, Oct 31, 2003.

1. maverick

maverick New Member

Mar 7, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    The title says it all:

Anyone know for sure whether buses will be running regularly out to the Meadowlands from the New York Port Authority on gameday? My girlfriend and I need access to public transportation in order to catch "Metro Playoff Fever." If you have leads or confirmation, it'd be much appreciated...

2. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    PORT AUTHORITY IN MANHATTAN

PORT AUTHORITY IN MANHATTAN
    The Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan at Eighth Avenue and 41st Street offers load-and-go bus service for all events at the Meadowlands Sports Complex (20 minute ride). Service begins operating 1-1/2 to 2 hours before the event begins. The last bus to the Sports Complex will depart 30 minutes after the event begins. Frequency of service will be determined by the nature of the event and the ridership demand. ( In New York City, passengers are required to have a ticket prior to boarding.)

Departure Locations:
    Departure areas for all other events should be confirmed at NJ Transit Ticket Windows 1-10.

From Meadowlands Sports Complex to New York Port Authority Bus Terminal: Bus service begins operating at the conclusion of the sporting event or concert. The last bus to New York City will depart one-half hour after the event has concluded. (Fares may be paid on-board the bus at the Meadowlands Sports Complex.)

Departure Locations:
    Giants Stadium: From the bus shelters near the west end of the Stadium and practice field area (Gate D).
    $6.50 round trip for adults.
    $1.50 one-way for seniors and disabled persons.

3. Mayor Bloomberg

Mayor Bloomberg New Member

The Port Authority of New York City is a vibrant and important part of our great city. Each and every day, thousands of people pass through there on their way to work, or on their way to dinner at a friends house, or on their way score an adult DVD around the corner.

I've contacted Department of Transportation Commissioner Iris Weinshall, she will be coordinating transportation issues in order to cope with the increased amount of traffic across the Hudson river tomorrow afternoon.

Keep the City clean! Throw your garbage in a trash can.

Say no to Drugs!
    Sincerely,
    Mayor Mike

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

The fare is $7 round trip or somebody owes me some money.(MTBFTR, the part about somebody owing me some money)

I don't want to be standing in line for half an hour while someone argues with the clerk the fare should be $6.50 because they read it on bigsoccer.(MTBFTR)

5. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    But can we confirm that the buses will be running since it's a playoff match and not a regular season match.I've never takin the P.A bus there so all info is helpful thanks.

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I don't work for NJT so I can't speak for them but there's never been a Metro game in all the years I've been going that I haven't been able to get to using this bus.

7. Calcio#20

Calcio#20 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    N.J
    Thanks pal

8. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
  9. maverick

maverick New Member

Mar 7, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for the heads up -- the buses were running (yes, @ $7 per person/round-trip), allowing my girlfriend and me to enjoy a beautiful Indian summer night, but the destination didn't include the desired result. :(

As always, however, this remains THE source for soccer news, both on and off the field. Kudos to Big Soccer...