Bus Trip to Gillette-Spain 6-4-11

Discussion in 'Hartford, CT' started by The Voice of Reason!, Mar 30, 2011.

1. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While on the Argentina road trip getting a bus was discussed for Gillette.

We expect a heavy turnout for this game and suspect a full tour bus this time.

I will say that the sentiment of the moment was also that we would not be cooking any of our own food as the logistics that happen there get a little tedious. Who knows, its is early yet, but I can guarantee further details to be published as we finalize. please contact the usual people regarding reserving a seat.

2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like good news I will certainly be at the game and may just get on the bus from Hartford, depending on the schedule.

3. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are close to finalizing details. so stay tuned. Obviously game ticket prices will affect the package, but I can pretty much the bus ride will be $30. it might end up a little less, so budget accordingly

4. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    After two successful bus trips to the Meadowlands to support the United States National Team, it is time to give Foxboro some love and go to Gillette Stadium to support the red, white, and blue!

On Saturday, June 4 AO Hartford will be running a bus to Gillette Stadium for the US-Spain match at 4:30 pm. In order to bring as many of us together, the bus will be making two pick-ups, one in New Haven and one in Hartford. Our planned itinerary is as follows...

Saturday, June 4

Leave New Haven @ 10:30 AM
    Leave Hartford @ 11:30 AM
    Arrive Gillette Stadium @ 1:30 PM
    Kick Off at 4:30 pm
    depart Gillette @ 7:30 PM
    Arrive Hartford @ 9:30 PM
    Arrive New Haven @ 10:30 PM

For the cost of $95, you will get a game ticket in the Fort with the American Outlaws, a seat on a Peter Pan coach bus, a professional and sober driver behind the wheel, 4 hours to tailgate with the Outlaws, and a safe ride home with a professional and sober driver.

If you want to purchase just a bus ride, cost is $45. If you want just a ticket, tickets are selling for $52.

Have a group of friends who are interested in going? To encourage you to bring everyone you know, AO Hartford will be giving a New Castle Brown Ale mini-keg to the person who buys the most bus seats on this trip! And yes, you can drink it on the bus ride to the game.

Payment can be made via paypal to Mike Lawlor, chapter president at wolfp10@gmail.com, or by check or cash by contacting Mike directly.

The AO New England chapters are giving everything they got into this match, let's show them how we can support the United States!

5. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    AO Hartford would like to remind everyone about our upcoming bus trip to Foxboro on June 4 to watch the US play the defending European and World Champions Spain. We have chosen locations for our bus to pick us up in New Haven and Hartford...

Our meetup spot in New Haven will be Anna Liffey's at 17 Whitney Avenue. They will be opening at 9:30 AM for us, and the bus will leave at 10:30 from the bar.

Our meetup location for Hartford will be a bar called Lucky Lou's located at 222 Main Street in Wethersfield. This is a different bar than we have been to in the past. Parking is available next door for free all day at the Keeney Memorial Cultural center. The bar is opening at 10:30, and the bus will leave promptly at 11:30 for Gillette Stadium!

The deadline to purchase seats will be Saturday, May 7. Payment of $95 per seat can be sent via paypal to wolfp10@gmail.com or by check (please email us for mailing address).

Don't forget, whoever buys the most seats wins a New Castle Brown Ale mini keg!

6. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some additional info....

We moved pickup spots, because it is tough to ask Damon's to allow us to leave 20+ cars in their parking lot for 12 hours on a busy Saturday, so this is not anything to stress over.

Lucky Lou's is in the center of Old Wethersfield, just off of I-91

There is a local breakfast joint right across the street, so you will be able to eat a nice breakfast. and the kitched at lou's might be open as well, but I am not sure on that one.

the parking lot is behind the keeney center
    It is a big old red brick building that pretty well stands out.
    I will be milling around to help people out.

Lou's has a nice outdoor section easily visable from the street,

and so no one is confused, we moved pickup spots because it is tough to ask Damon's to allow us to leave 20+ cars in their parking lot for ~12 hours on a busy Saturday. as you all surely recall from the World Cup, parking can be tight at Damon's

Cheers!

7. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bus is almost half full allready. I now have 9 paid attendees, and Mike has 14-16. and we both have groups finalizing their numbers...

Also I will be selling a scarf on the bus for the Connecticut Outlaws that will also be sold a the tailgate for a short time. as I mainly want to tailgate, but who doesnt love a good scarf sale??

8. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Hartford/New Haven bus is sold out.
    54 bus seats sold
    60 game tickets sold

We still have I think 10 Tickets only to the game if people are interested, and we can try and help co-ordinate car pools etc...

I am very happy with the interest levels for this game. We barely even worked to sell the tickets, and I am confident if we did, we could have filled 2 buses.

Unite and Strengthen!

9. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done guys.