PBP: Burnley FC Vs. Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Barking our orders in German. That would make some of our continental European players jump a bit :giggle:

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    We got done 4-0 by them last time.

It'll be quite interesting in mid-week to see the progression of both teams in the interim.

3. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    We will have to agree to disagree over whether he arrived at Chelsea with this in him, or whether it was brought out of him through “man management.”

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ???

How could it be 'brought out of him' if he didn't arrive with it 'in him'? :cautious:

Anyway, whatever... pleased for the lad :)

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    No question, that would help. But not every club has someone like that, and it’s on the manager to play that role.

To be clear, I’m not saying Lampard generally did a bad job today! But controlling the speed at which the side is his job.

6. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The hat trick is a nice bonus given he was primarily brought in for his goal creation. This is a massive boost for his confidence and should go from strength to strength.

He clearly hasn't suffered from his time here so far. If anything it would have made him hungrier to show his capabilities and looks like he has been encouraged to be direct in his running. Credit to both player and coaching staff for me.

We've seen plenty of examples where a young players strengths were supressed and that's not happening here.

Flipstar508, y-lee-coyote and Orange14 repped this.
  7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    If Pogba is still out and if Frank has learned the fairly obvious tactical lesson, no reason we can’t win.

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Christian Pulisic became Chelsea's youngest hat-trick scorer in Premier League history --- 21years 38days old. A record previously set by Tammy. A record that hopefully will be taken by CHO pretty soon. Because this is a great club for a young player to be at. The sky is the limit for our young stars. The jealousy of the other teams is already evident and "Franks foetus's" are the envy of other supporters.

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

Mmm, I think you're mistaking my comment as some sort of critic of him.
    It's not.

What I actually mean, and could have failed to get across, is that he is at the right club, with the right management, to move his potential ceiling to even greater heights.
    With the talent Chelsea has, coupled with that management, as opposed to USMNT and Dortmund, he will be hounded every game by other supremely talented footballers all wanting that coveted (and limited) starting spot.

The Pulisic that came to Chelsea, could very well pale to the one a few years from now.

lobomojo repped this.
  10. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    A lot of the British press, the Guardian in particular, have proposed a narrative that explains any positives that Pulisic contributes as the product of Frank’s “management” of him. I thought you were supporting that narrative. If you were not, my mistake. I agree that he can be very successful at Chelsea if he continues to get minutes.

11. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    This game has at least proven one thing - my suggestion that Pulisic get more playing time than Barkley was OBVIOUSLY motivated solely by my hatred of English players.

Deep Wilcox and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  12. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    aaw

13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Your constant thinly veiled attacks on Lampard are becoming tiresome, I'm afraid he is doing a fabulous job, you are unlikely to garner much support for your 'Lampard out' campaign.

14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #164 StamfordBridgeLions, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    :ROFLMAO:

This really isn't about YOU.

Jesus wept. Frank Lampard picks the team. You? You are just a wanker on a football messageboard.

:ROFLMAO:

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FWIW, ignore most of the stuff in the 'meeja' about football and especially about a club like Chelsea who, tbh, aren't very popular with them at the best of times.

Chels supporters have had to put up with them talking nonsense for years so the fact they're talking our of their arses now is just par for the course.

Having said that I think a fair analysis of the way the team has played, (and this is ALL the team... including your boy), would be that Frank's seemed to get decent performances out of the players thus far. Whether that continues remains to be seen.

Some started off well and have fallen away a bit. Others have been playing better of late which is why the performances have improved.

So, logically, if Frank is responsible for Puli playing well now he must also be responsible for Mason or Tammy, say, seemingly have gone off the boil a bit.

You can't have it both ways.

The truth is that ALL knowledgeable supporters recognise that you need both the players AND the manager to be performing well to have good results and that's what we're getting.

The 'meeja'... who gives a shit what they think!

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Lol, what? He did a bad job in the opening match - we conceded four goals to a club that hasn’t scored TWO since. How’s this even a matter for debate?
    Even people doing a good job screw up!

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Bear in mind, there were a good number of people last year who claimed we were winning in spite of Sarri’s system. Plus, remember all those “manager X has inherited Jose’s team” arguments? Plenty of fans don’t think the above is true when they don’t like the manager.

19. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Pulisic is taking to Frank's tutelage quite well and has put together three good outings on the trot. It looks to me that Frank is going to get the most out of all the youngsters this year. It will probably be bumpy since inconsistency and youth go hand in hand.

Now just need to get some folks healthy so Zouma does not play so much.

20. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beautiful performance from CFC up until the last 10 minutes. When RLC, Kante and Rudiger are back in the starting 11 this team will be challenging for the prem

21. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Lotta angst on this board for a team that’s won seven straight, is seeing its youth blossom before our eyes, and the risky club legend coaching hire pay off. [emoji2369]

Incredibly happy for Pulisic. Happy to see him get his shot and grab it by the throat.

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    #172 Clan, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019

There can be no escaping the fact that Lampard is doing a great job with the players, Pulisic included, but to take it to that extreme (I haven't seen that myself BTW) is wide of the mark.

Likewise, saying it's all about the player, is the same.

How was his managerial treatment at Dortmund?
    Do you think they got the best of of him?
    I did read a few comments on that Berhalter lad, and they were..ahhh..."negative" to put it kindly.

Also, I would add that he still needs more coaching, Willian could have had a second if he chose to pass that ball to him, plus still needs to be aware of tackles, and not lose the ball in the middle of the park.He has the ability to not do this, but will need constant coaching to be reminded to not do one and have a look for the other.
    That will be all Lampard..:)

There was a wee fella, by the name of Pat Nevin, had a great game for us back in the day, against Newcastle.Look it up.
    Pulisic could become beloved like that lad.
    (and that is saying quite something)

lobomojo repped this.
  23. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    I had heard Americans were good at shooting.... :whistling:

But seriously though he was great yesterday.

24. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A bad job!! Because he lost ONE GAME! - his FIRST in charge, with a bunch of kids!! WTF!! You are bloody clueless! You are also starting to annoy us, if you can't do anything better than constantly attack a club legend that is producing the best looking football we've seen since Ancelotti FROM scratch after a dozen or so games then don't say anything. Like I said your attacks on anybody English at the club is thinly veiled, if you don't like the English then just perhaps Chelsea isn't the right team to follow no?

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He was. That first goal reminiscent of Hazard. Balance and tenacity.

[How are you mate? You should come by the big soccer board more often.]

srd.... repped this.