Burnley away in the cup.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Matt Clark, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nice one. I like Turf Moor, it's a cracking ground. Should be a good game too.

2. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What do you guys think,do we stick with the young lads or have a mixed team???I would love to see the young lads been given another chance,specialy to a 2nd division side!

3. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Young lads???!!! Are you kidding me??? Full strength squad 100% The last thing we want is to get bounced out by Burnley.

4. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    this is the FA cup. no youth

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He'll play some of his reserves. There's no question of that. Bear in mind that the FA Cup tie comes at the end of the hectic Christmas period in whcih the main XI will have played something like 5 games in 10 days. He'd be an idiot not to use his depth against a side like Burnley and give some of the main guys a rest ahead of the resumption of League and European action.

6. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I think it's quite clear that the youth/reserves will see some time in this match...

Any fellow Americans know what's going on with the TV coverage of the FA Cup. I wouldn't expect anything this early, but what about later on??

7. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burnley has been quite up and down past month: 4 wins and 4 losses against rather indifferent competition. They actually defend better away, but they have been eeking out 1-nil wins. I think we should have a better idea where they are after their matches against PNE and Sunderland, whether they are struggling to find form or they have settled down and are a tough draw.

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah, memories of the 1914 Cup Final when we lost to Burnley 1-0, right usscouse? ;)

9. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    you went to that match on your 10th birthday, Mr. Centenarian?