Burn vs. Revs result

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Viking64, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Is this a joke?

What the fork is this?

Looks to me like their ought to be about 10 roster spots open in three weeks.

2. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If you thought the defense sucked tonight, you probably better make other plans for next weekend. We'll be playing our "second-string" backline that night. I can't wait.

3. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Burn played pretty well for the first 30 minutes or so, but their last 60 was just plain pitiful.

The first goal by the Revs came off a nice give-and-go between Twellman and Kamler, but the remaining 3 goals were of a "where the hell is our defense?" variety.

Most discouraging of all was that for the last 2/3 of the game, the Burn seemed to just be going through the motions and played like they didn't care.

4. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    As usual, we were teased with early promise, then our hopes dashed mercilessly. But it was great to see Oscar get a goal, and on his Bobblehead night as well.

5. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    It's starting to make me wonder if this team is just rotten to the core. A team that is this bad and won't fight to save SOME pride, is really a joke of a team. How can at team that is the laughingstock of pro soccer in America NOT play hard to the end of a game. A FORKING HOME GAME.

The jackasses holding this team back better HOPE Collin is NOT picked as head coach. If he is, I hope they will be released the morning after MLS cup. Pity they can't be released ten minutes after the season is over. They don't deserve one extra paycheck than it takes to finish the games.

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There was no fight. It is the same story over and over this season. No D and the team gives up. Steve Morrow needs to have a talk with all the defenders. Wait, screw that. Colin Clarke needs to show some Northern Irish rage and chew everyone who played out for giving up.

I'm starting to hope that Sayler can get some minutes in these last few games. Good to see that Urbas(sp?) got some time. Losing BD24 really hurts

On the bright side, my mate from England had a blast. He said he will have lots of stories to tell his friends.

Best part was before he headed to the tailgate one of the people doing the US Army came up to us. She asked if we wanted to sign up for it and we said no. She then asks if we are players for one of the teams. Sure I said. She then asks if we again want to sign up for it. Again my mate says no he can't. Where are you from? England. Case closed. She then asks me. No I can't because I'm Swedish. :) Funny thing was she believed me!

7. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Salyer-T-Bone-Shavar-Gbandi. Thats all I have to say.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Saw the highlights on FSW, FVCKING RIDICULOUS! I hate this season, 3 more games, thats it, thats all she wrote, we can all just forget about this mess 'till April. No more Behnke please and (I know it's not his fault) lets sit Cassar and give DJ some net time please.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can now see why Columbus gave up on Dunseth. He is a human traffic cone. How did he ever get a callup to the nats? Please no more of the Behnke experiment. Even if Salyer is right footed, if he isn't a better left back than "Long Ball to No One Behnke" then he needs to be cut.

I also think we need a brand new coach. Clarke had his chance. He played Cassar after last week's debacle even though DJ has more upside and is already at least even with Cassar. The only other young player he used that was diferent than what Jeffries was playing is Behnke. That's the personnel difference? Stone only plays when Oscar or Chad are out? Salyer can't get even a few minutes at right or left back? If Jason Thompson can play at all, can't he at least get a minute? I also thought he would address the lack of hustle and defensive lapses. Well, he ws the defensive coach, right, so that explains the last two efforts.

New Coach with no ties. Burn it down and build it back. This is MLS's worst defense. EVER. Scorched Earth.

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those stupid jackasses rolled over like dogs and quit.

You're not fit to wear the shirt
    You're not fit to
    You're not fit to

There's at least 10 guys on this team that I want to see traded, cut, or thrown off the top of a very tall building.

And sorry Colin, but if Greg Elliott is serious about your future based on how the team responds to you, then you'd better keep your resume up-to-date.

11. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Here a pic of the small crew singing (after going 4-1 down):

Let's all go the strip club
    And buy ourselves a dance!

[​IMG]

12. robviii

robviii Member