Burn vs. Revolution (Pre-match)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by The Magpie, Oct 1, 2003.

1. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Burn vs. Revolution (Pre-match)

did you see his nice gamewinner in OT last Saturday. A pure gem. He did that against the Fire last year too.

Anyway, this is basically a must win game for the Revs, in order to stay in contention for the last playoff spot. I assume the Revs wont be taking Dallas lightly (like Chicago did). Your stadium sucks, you know it does, JMM know it does, Jason Kreis know it does and we all cant wait til 05. (I'll be in Dallas that summer to check it out). I predicted on the Revs board 3-1. I feel its reasonable, considering the circumstances.

oh yea, my second fav team is Dallas, because of the fans and Ronnie O'Brein. Guess who i hate?

2. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Chamo, I don't want someone who bought one season ticket in 1997 having priority over me. I'm a six year season ticket holder and will going on seven next year.

Anyone less than that comes in after me. More than that before me.

I assume you meant something like that but just to make sure.

Afterall, the Burn might be reading this.

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean apart from his being right footed?

1. Salyer played left back in the US Open Cup game, and he was not good there. (I didn't see it, just what staff told me).

2. Salyer has been working 90% of the time with Burn at right back. And his future is going to be at right back.

3. Clarke (and Jeffries too) like Behncke better as a center back, and I don't think anyone doesn't believe he is a project for the future. They both play him at left back now as he is left footed and as a former central mid in college feel he is a bit more composed building out of the back.

Personally I am not sure Behncke is better on the ball. But I do agree that while Salyer has played some left back, it was always because he was just better than the options out there at youth and college levels. His time in Germany I don't know much about.

We have reached the point where I would really like to see Salyer play some at right back. I like EZ, but there is no reason not to give Philip some time.

With Bonseu and Thomas both out for Metro, and Gbandi still hurt I bet you will see Salyer start at left back this week.

Salyer Behncke Dunseth Ezra

Unless of course Morrow can play.

4. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    What's the actual logo for 'chumps?"

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Burn vs. Revolution (Pre-match)

Have you seen some of the fields in the A-League?

Outside of Charleston, that is?

6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Your assumption is right. Sure give the 04 season tickets hold priority at Frisco. Once those 500 packages have been sold, they better be giving priority to season ticket holders from previous years regardless of them having bought a package in 04 because they are going to need each and every one of them to fill 18,000-20,000 seats.

All we heard from the Burn office from the moment that the Southlake move was announced right up to the first game was that the season tickets were going fast and we should buy right away if we intended on going to any games this year. The attendance at the first game was maybe 60% of capacity, and it has dropped every game since. They really can't afford to hold Frisco over our heads to get us to buy Southlake next year.

Let's hope so ;)

7. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Another good thing about your idea is that it would give the Burn another nich group and another way to sell season tics. It gives prior season tic holders recognition and reward and some incentive, along with there being a new stadium, to consider buying season tics again.

8. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Burn vs. Revolution (Pre-match)

And, once again, outside of Charleston, how about them LONG BUS rides. Charleston has their own big fancy dan for bus with beds, stereos, etc. But, it's hard to make that team.

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I completely and totally agree with this sentiment - was it not those same dimwad marketing consultants that gave us our frigging logo in the first place?

How about letting Steve Morrow and Colin Clarke have a go at it and have Bloodsaint / Michael Lamb do the actual design. I guaran-frigging-tee you that will be a kick-ass design.

Good list Chamo. I can only pray that Elliot and the rest of the dolts at HSG actually read and retain as much as they can from it.

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The origional logo was done by Nike.

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, Dimwad marketing consulants working for Nike.

It would be nice to have someone with a soccer background help with the logo rather than some jacknut who just did the Toronto Raptors logo.