Burn vs. Revolution (Pre-match)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by The Magpie, Oct 1, 2003.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Figured I'd get the ball rolling here.

Case of good news/bad news for New England: they managed to pull ahead of Columbus last week with their come-from-behind OT victory, but lost two players in the process.

The Boston Globe is reporting that Carlos Llamosa has torn a ligament in his right knee, and will miss the next two matches (against Dallas and divisional rival D.C. United,) and possibly the rest of the regular season. Also, Revolution forward Chris Brown has been lost for the remainder of the season with a broken foot.

Revolution's line-up for this weekend should be:

GK: Brown
    RB: Heaps
    CB: Pierce
    CB: Kante
    LB: Franchino
    RW: Ralston
    CM: Joseph
    CM: Cancela
    LW: Kamler
    FW: J.M. Moore
    FW: Twellman

The Magpie

2. ScorchedEarth

ScorchedEarth New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    bad news about brown. he's a dangerous sub late. he'll be missed. i'm seeing the same output from dallas and that means one or two goals. twellman needs to get back in gear if the revs want this one.

revs 3, burn 2, with the game winner coming from twellman very late.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2-1 Burn

Johnson and Curtis for us and Twellman for them

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt, we will do what we can to help the Revs into the playoffs and keep Steve Nicol's job secure.

Just to make it interesting, we would like to have the lead or a tie at halftime. But the 2nd half is all yours.

Any chance Morrow makes it back for this game or any game this season?

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No idea on Morrow. Shame if he can't play at least one more game with the Burn and it be a win.

I expect to see a line up that is close to what we have seen in the last two weeks.

However I would like to see Sayler given a chance. I'm sure he won't be caught going as far up as EZ and Benke did last week.

If my London friend shows up, I say we let hsg know how pissed off we are and if we lose, then we REALLY let him know.

Colin Clarke, we don't blame you for the mess.

6. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No more Behnke...please.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    soccer riot anyone?

8. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Future article:

ASSOCIATED PRESS (AP)-- Irate soccer fans rioted in Dallas after the Dallas Burn of the Major Soccer League lost to the New England Revoultion.

The Burn's stadium, Dragon Stadium, was burnt to the ground after the match as angry soccer hooligans set the stands ablaze.

A local Southlake city official commented, "the stadium is completely gone. There's nothing left at all. Burnt to cinders." Officials estimate the damages done to the stadium in the eight thousand dollar range.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sure why not? A pitch invasion would be nice, but we would plant our feet wrong, tear an acl, sue sucklake, get loaded in money, and as the Burn are about to ove to Frisco, we buy the Burn, and tell hsg to get out of town due to sucklake.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Local parents blame the Burn's supporters club, The Inferno for being the terrorist involved. While most people would call them hooligans, locals beg to differ.

"Johnny won't be able to get his marching band scholorship now that our beautiful stadium has been destroyed. They are a bunch of drunks and they are corrupting the minds of my children with their foul language, crude noises, and their drinking!"-southlake resident

One member of the Inferno is believed to say, "Hi mom, got beer?" when asked about Dragon stadium going to the ground.

MLS was trying to keep a good reputation without having any hooliganism, but Dallas has proved everyone wrong. Hooliganism is not a bad thing, but a GREAT thing when an owner moves a team from the best stadium in the MLS to a rinky dink high school.

We caught up with one of the organizers of the pitch invasion and he said this, "Why don't you worry about your kids who are doing drugs in the parking lot? This is just the begining. Might i add, Welcome top the new FOTBOLL nation!"

:D

I just wish some southlake soccer mom could read what we thought you her wonderful community.

11. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    She's busy right now. I'll tell you when she's done.

12. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    actually that's the problem with the sucklack turfsheet. that's all it does is roll.

I expect the Revolution to be destroyed in a lopsided win for the Burn. After all, what the hell are they playing for except the chance not to be cut in a month.

One of my main themes in life I learned from the movie Risky Business:
    "When times are hard, you don't fu*$ with another man's livelihood."

Knowing the outcome of the game is mostly moot, I can continue drinking and not be upset at the prospect of losing another game.

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Burn vs. Revolution (Pre-match)

omg this is the first Burn game that has absolutely no meaning. Thats sad :(

14. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All you pitch invaders need to be careful. I have visions of like 5 guys running out there - one guy tears his ACL at the 30 yard line, another gets turf toe at the 40, etc...

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, fair enough. We'll give you your wish next week, or whenever you next play any Eastern team.

Tom

16. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX

People keep saying this as if playing for your job is some kind of motivation. If you know you're going to be in Sucklake for another year, don't you WANT to get cut?

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  18. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  19. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    JMM was offside on his goal last time he came to Sucklack. He knows it. We all know it. All except for that *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# linesman.

20. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    Good Gawd Evan, where's the smack?
    The Vitriol?
    The Rancid Segrovesian Detrius?

You show up on our board and have
    nothing better to "start the ball rolling
    with" than a lineup?

I WANT SOME TRASH TALK!!

WE HATE THE REVS.

BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS BEAT US...

..and uh, THEY HAVE THAT GREMLIN jOEY.

Yeah, that's it. Franchino is the ticket.

FRANCHINO IS A GREMLIN GOON FROM HELL.

Now top that you Harvard-employed Dobbsian.

(Praise Bob.)

-bs

21. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    fixed thy post

22. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX

Except for the last time we played them.

And as for "Where is the vitriol?" Isn't the last stage of tragedy acceptance?

23. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My biggest question regarding your lineup is what has Salyer done to piss the coaching staff off? He never got minutes under Jeffries and it looks like he won't under Clarke. 3rd, I know you've like his game any idea why he doesn't get a look at left back , the spot he played in Germany, instead of Behnke who appears to be a classic central defender?

Other than that I think it is a good lineup. We get to see Vaca in the spot he is made for. If he can't play there then he needs to move on. I think he will be good. Iwould like to see a central midfield of Vaca, Davis and O'Brien before the season is over with the rest of the cast left alone.

25. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "The obvious one, every marketing consultant will hit this one right off the bat: change the logo."

Thank God someone else is thinking the same thing. A college visual design student could do better than our current logo.