Burn/Quakes 7/26 [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ej_dad, Jul 25, 2003.

1. ej_dad

ej_dad New Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Flower Mound, TX
    I'll start it on Friday afternoon for a Saturday game.

What stage of mourning is denial?

2. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Heaven help us. I believe it's only the first stage.

Next comes ANGER!

3. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    then sorrow. :(

4-1 San Jose.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am already at the acceptance stage.

5. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    The oddsmakers have made Dal a huge underdog, more than 5 to 1. SJ will be missing Mullrooney, Donovan, and Waibel probably. Cerritos seems to be returning to form. SJ hasn't scored at Spartan for 293 minutes. Could be time for an upset, given that this is MLS.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    come on Mike, I haven't been on the scum bag forums (I mean MLS Rivalry) in a while :D.

We'll play better but still lose, 2-1 San Ho :(

7. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Who will give me these odds?

8. ScorchedEarth

ScorchedEarth New Member

Jun 9, 2003
    cerritos will score again, along with a much needed hard-working goal. kreis will be blanked again.

tremendous upset in the making - burn 2, quakes 1

9. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should not be a problem for SJ. 2-0, 3-0, but it does not reflect the domination by the home side.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well lets hope the Burn can do something this weekend, otherwise my birthday will suck.

hhhhhmmmm.....that should be their motto this weekend.

11. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    [​IMG]

"With all due respect, sir. I think this is going to be our finest hour.". ...

12. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    We will be without Donovan, Mulrooney, Waibel and Alvarez. Ekelund, Corrales and Russell are playing hurt and we haven't scored at home in 300+ minutes. Why on earth do you think that this game will be a pushover for us? Right now we're primed for a beating, why not by your side? If we get the three points from you I'll consider ourselves lucky.

13. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    And yet, no one cares what you think.
    Go away little troll.

14. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    Ref: bigsoccer.com wagering thread week 16:

"UPDATE: Bet365 have Dallas at 7.00. "

15. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's very sporting of our SJ friends to try to goad us into a little optimism, so I'll bite too. The last few games our team has played better than I remember at the beginning of the season. We just freak out at the possibility of a win and stop doing what got us there if we get a lead. We have never had much luck at Spartan, but if we could take a 0-0 game late we could win with a goal at the end.

Every year we seem to get a monkey off our back. Last we smacked around Colorado at the Cotton Bowl which had actually been a problem for a few seasons until then. However, this year we beat the Revs who amazingly had a nearly 3 year unbeaten streak against us home and away. Will this use up our monkey de-backing juju? CAn we get another win so soon after our last win only two games ago?

Give me Dallas 1-0 on a late Glinton goal. And I also would like to know who's giving these 5-1 odds someone mentioned.

16. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Is wagering legal on these boards?

17. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Because Chad Deering plays for the Burn, not the Quakes. The operative part being "plays" not "sits on the bench."

18. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone wants to place bets on Jefferies getting sacked before mid August?

Over or under?

19. JoeDub83

JoeDub83 New Member

Oct 20, 2001
    MISSOULA,MT 420
    I say the Burn will win just like they beat an undermanned New England the other weekend

20. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Take the points.

21. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If Rhine does indeed start and does nothing like he has all season,we are not going to get any points.

Hopefully Rhine, falls and MJ has to sub Toni in who amazes us all and scores a hattrick in his debut and then helps the Burn make the playoffs and they end up winning the USOC.

Kreis comes back and gets the record as he and Toni click for the 1-2 punch as forwards. Toni then takes EJ under is wing and mentors him to where now the Burn have three deadly forwards.

Meanwhile Rhine gets mad and demands to be transfered. We almost send him to the J or K League because no one is willing to give up a 6th round draft pick for him, but then leave him exposed in the expansion draft where he is passed by even there.

Here is to wishful thinking. But seriously, I hope Toni comes on and makes an impact.

23. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Toni for the first time on Thursday. He could not be more of a total opposite to Eddie Johnson in style, body type, and game. There is almost nothing Eddie can take from his game, except how to use his speed to get behind defenders. Eddie is whipish and lanky. Toni is think and bulky.

Eddie already has examples of how to be a pro that he is not learning from.

Toni is more more like Lowe, Hurtado, or Diallo. He is not fat, but is what I would call barrel chested; i.e. thick. Just amazing ball strength, throwing Thomas and Bonseu around like rag dolls in training. And VERY fast, amazing pace.

He is lagging with the heat and fitness, so he is not 90 minutes ready. If Jason dones't travel then I am sure you will see Toni off the bench. I don't know if Toni will make the travel team is Jaosn can play.

24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So Toni is like Emile (sp?) Hesky?

25. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Don't curse us like that!

How about Jimmy Floyd Hasslebeck instead? :)