Burn - Crew 9/13 [R}

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by JimmieLivealot, Sep 13, 2003.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I was there, you could download any game. They have the entire season archived. Save them? I don't think so, but you can watch them any time.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not trying to be a MJ appologist or anything but don't you think those mistakes the defense made were so elementary to a defender that they should blame themselves. If they need someone to tell them they need to actually mark their man then they don't need to be playing professionally. Dunseth was killing me last night in the first half with his leaving McBride, AS HE WATCHED, by himself in the box to put away an easy header. Not to mention his passes to no one. The rest of the defense was awful to, like El Jefe said EJ was the one trying to block the shot, EJ! Unacceptable. Again I'm sure it's partly Mike's fault, but for god sakes, you don't need a coach to tell you to cover a man.

I don't know how Mike doesn't get mad watching this BS day in and day out, especially after we did so well last season. he just keeps his cool, which will be his down fall. He should be ripping everyone new ass-holes for their performance, save EJ and Curtis and probably Toni. Same goes to DJ, if my defense was making me look like a bitch to the league, then I would be ripping them new ones. Especially when DJ has so much talent, the numbers kill him.

3. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Yea, and on the issue of Johnson, that's the best game I've ever, ever, seen him play. He's bulked up some, and he's still faster than heck. He outran Akwari to score his goal.

And he did follow Buddle into the box. Smart of him. But I wonder if that goal should be hung on DJ. The ball came down IN the six yard box. I think that's a keepers ball to catch that he blew.

Speaking of blow...""It was a tough game for us," Dallas coach Mike Jeffries said. "It's a little typical of how things are going for us. I felt we were in the game all the way." (Dallas Morning News)

Just once I'd like to see him say "well I don't know why we bother practing all week when the players lose the same way ever week: lack of intensity, inability to mark players before they get the ball, or prevent shots on goal."

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the team played good but of course not good enough. I do question why there were three d-mids and no Vaca. FSW also showed the team in a 3-5-2 but as they rush it by I don't remember where they showed everyone. Buzz says they switched to a 4-2-3-1 from watching practice so did FSW have it wrong or are they working on multiple formations right now? Was Oscar the attacking mid yesterday? It seems Jeffries can get them close now but they alwys do one thing to lose. It seems it is usually the far post outside back that misses their mark that results in easy shots.

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks everyone who helped with info on Yahoo platinum!

6. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, How many goals have we now let in from minute 75 - 90?

How many games in a row have we lost leads?

Since when did our coach immerse himself in Teflon?

The cameras showed a shot of Jefferies during the last 10 minutes of the game. He looked like he was watching a documentary on TLC of the mating habits of the Golden Cheeked Warbler. There was nothing - no grimace, no smile, no yelling. Nothing. Tom Landry threw his hat down a couple times.