Burn - Crew 9/13 [R}

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by JimmieLivealot, Sep 13, 2003.

1. JimmieLivealot

JimmieLivealot New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Burn - Crew 9/13 (R)

GOOAAALLLLL!

Watching the game on Yahoo and Dunseth just buried a header off a cross from Nhelko. Toni's service looked wide but went right to Brian's head while Dunseth split two defenders and smashed it home. Lovely stuff.

Johnson has been very active early also.

2. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    You need an [R] in the subject line, my friend, for those not watching live. Big T sent a beautiful cross for Dunseth, who yes, buried it. The Burn looked like a real team on that one!

3. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Deering has been very active in D-mid the last few minutes. Got called for a really ticky tacky handball after breaking up Martino's buildup. Overall the team's showing alot of fight.

4. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Whoops. Thanks for the reminder. How can I edit the thread title?

5. soccerlube

soccerlube Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Gonzales, TX
    Burn - Crew 9/13

Question is, can we hold the lead?

6. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Re: Burn - Crew 9/13

Shoulda knocked on wood. Edson "The Beast" Buddle just tied the game up. Dallas' defense has gone very soggy the last bit.

7. The Vorpal Blade

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    Oh, Eddie. Jesus Christ. I think I could've put that one in.

8. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Good Lord this team's frustrating. They have a great 15 minutes then just start coasting.

9. The Vorpal Blade

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    I take it back, Eddie---- I couldna scored that one! 2-2 !

10. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How good was Buddle's second goal... I'm listening on internet radio, but the way the announcer called it made it sound like it was really class?

discription from anyone that is watching it? (please)

11. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    3-2 C'bus. West sends in a cross that Buddle calmly knocks down and slices one past a sprawling Countess to go ahead. All while a Burn defender was trying to push him off the ball on the end line. Tough one, but Edson's going to be a star on the nats for the next decade or so.

12. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Curtis comes close to tying it up in stoppage time but Bush pushes it for a corner that doesn't do much.

13. The Vorpal Blade

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    OK, to accentuate the positive--- Eddie, Big T, and "Yardy" Thomas, the "3 Stars of the Game" for the losing side. Bodes well for the future.

Hurry, future.

14. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimmie... how good is yahoo platinum for watching MLS? I've been thinking about getting it for that reason, and i was wondering if you think that it is worth it. How good is the quality?

15. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

I'm gonna go break some *@#*@#*@#*@# now. How the hell do you leave Brian McBride unmarked in the box?

16. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    On the attack I thought it was the best game I've seen since maybe the opener. There seemed to be a lot more peripheral awareness and creativity in our passing. Take away the inexplicable empty net miss, I thought Johnson had a very good game. Hard to take that way but I'm trying to be positive. Once again Toni showed how strong he is on the ball and if he only began putting some balls in the back of the net I would be screaming for HSG to make some phone calls to Norway to secure him permanently.

Defensively, we were as awful as we have been all year. Note to Burn players, when the ball is in our own box, HOOF IT OUT! The cute short passes our defenders try in our own box must end. Also, I don't see why our midfielders don't close down on the ball in the midfield. We allowed the Crew to patiently build up attacks all night long. Put some pressure on them. As we saw, an attack not under-pressure will pick you apart.

17. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The video feed is very high quality (350kps) and they archive games so you watch anything from the season beginning. The only drawback is that some weeks you only get one game, but with football pushing everything else off the tube that seems to be less of an issue.

18. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it possible to download game from earlier in the season for later viewing?

19. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Didn't expect them to win, but I must say they are actually starting to play like a team. Too bad though it is so late in the year.

20. JimmieLivealot

Oct 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Nope. Unless you have a program that allows you save the data from a video feed.

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was so frustrated watching this game. Don't let the score fool you, we played like crap. If we'd only cut down on the elementary crap than we would have crushed Columbus. They hardly played any better than us. Everytime Martino lost the ball he fell down and got a call, total BS. Dunseth odviously would rather Columbus win than Dallas because after his goal he played like $hit, DON'T LEAVE McBRIDE ALONE IN THE BOX YOU DUMB FVCK! Johnson, you played great but my grandma coulda burried that sitter. Pareja is losing it, he needs to retire and be the coach because we still need his heart in the team. Stone unlucky to get sent off. Toni needs a goal for all his hard work. Curtis looked dangerous off the bench, still wanna see him start with EJ up front. But the basic $hit needs to be covered, like letting them do what they want in the midfield with no pressure and for god sakes we might as well not have a defense. MAKE IT STOP!

22. ej_dad

ej_dad New Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Flower Mound, TX
    Defense shines again!

1. Mark Buddle ball side!
    2. Don't let McBride alone in the box.
    3. Learn to play some defense.

23. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    The worst defense in Major League Soccer, and the A League.

Thank you Mike "I had to have EZ" Jeffries.

24. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jeffries would field the worst defense in the leauge if he had Bocanegra, Pope, Hejduk, and Mastroeni. Of his numerous faults, his incompetence in coaching a defense is one of his most glaring. He is just an unbelievably awful coach where defense is concerned.

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, so far EZ has been an upgrade over Suarez, so I'm not exactly going to fault him for that.

However, when you see all the poor marking and the ball-watching in our own area, it's hard to say that this coach has been worth a damn in the area of defense.

On Buddle's winning goal, you know who the closest Burn player was? Eddie Johnson. God bless Eddie, he had a decent game tonight, but marking opposing forwards is not what we're paying him to do. I'm not saying he can't, but it's not one of his strengths. But he was the only Burn player in the same zip code as Buddle as he's traipsing into the six yard box to put in the winning goal from short range. So where were the guys that we're actually paying to mark opposing forwards? Darn good question. And I'm not sure I want to know the answer.

If this were once in a while, I could get over it and chalk it up to the fact that we're watching humans, not robots. But the fact that our mostly veteran backline continues to make colossally boneheaded plays week in and week out at crucial moments goes back to coaching, period.