Bundesliga Season 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    yup, he had plenty of time to build the team, but not only we didnt improve with him we actually gotten worse

2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Who is available out there? Pochettino will forfeit a 12 million Tottenham bonus if he joins anyone before the end of the season so anyone who wants him has to top up 12 big ones. Bayern hired Flick, Arsenal hired Arteta, Everton is considering Moyes and Man U are still with OGS lol it tells you not many good coaches are out there.

I predict the loss will be blamed on missing Reus Witsel Hummels. So few players on the team have any defensive initiative, whenever Hummels goes off the whole defence is a shapeless blob of confusion even Burki.

3. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Difference between Bayern and BvB, they both are playing mizerable but Bayern is winning

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Another late win for Bayern and a come from behind victory for Leipzig. Bayern similarly to us could have gotten only 1 or 2 points out of the last two games. But these two teams do what you have to do to win titles.
    Currently, we are doing the opposite. We are now 7 points behind Leipzig, 3 behind Bayern.

Neither Leipzig and certainly not Bayern have great seasons. Normally a great first round is just around the 40 points mark. We have 12 points less than last season.

5. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    With LF in charge, battle to the 3. or 4. place is realistic. Battle for a title is idiotic to think, yes with some other coach.. But with LF no chance

6. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    As I said before there must be other Klopps, Nagelsmanns and Roses out there somewhere. It’s just taking that step forward, even coaches from our youth teams must be better then LF. Looking at his body language tells it all.
    We are going to struggle for the 4th spot, and it’ll be too late to sack him

BvB_Peon repped this.
  7. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I see us possibly falling all the way down to 6th or even 7th before the end... Max is 4th spot like other said. We usually have better first half then second half of season so brace yourselves we've seen nothing yet!!

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems that it is us, the international fans who see Favre for the clueless underachiever he is. Try pointing out the many issues on the pitch to any local fan and see how it goes, case in point they have accused me of being a glory hunter, as if there's anything wrong with wanting the club to win silverware, and Matthias Suuck has even blocked me on Twitter.

Basically, the local fans sincerely believe Favre is doing an excellent job and that it's OK to settle for mediocrity.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't know why I always see this mythical group called "local fans" that apparently thinks the same. Maybe you know a handful of locals over the internet but these generalizations are weird. I think after the Paderborn game, I heard that there were already shouts in the stadium to fire him and I'm pretty sure they aren't content with the last two games or the chickenshit game against Schalke when we played for a point.

I think what Favre had going for him at least as a narrative from the media and that he lost with these last two games, Favre was BVB's coach in the league with the highest points/game average (just above 2 points). Of course, you cannot win the league with 2,1 points per game, this season we are well below that and with the team he has, we should do better.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know local fans, including my family in Recklinghausen that disagree.

11. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1. Who? Name names. Are they currently available?
    2. If they are currently in a job and doing as well as Klopp, Nagelsmann, Rose, whats the likelihood they are willing to drop everything and join immediately? How much will it cost to compensate a club for taking a Klopp, Nagelsmann, Rose from their club in the middle of the season?

So many fans demand change or the sacking of the board, coach and players after a bad result because it's easy to rant and call club execs useless when it's not your job to come up with a realistic plan. Barcelona and RM fans can demand their club buy the next Messi or Ronaldo "who must be out there somewhere" but even top football execs will be hard pressed to guarantee Griezmann Dembele Hazard Asensio Isco Vinicius Bale etc can stop fans from foaming at the mouth about how their club is shit at transfers.

12. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    On the other hand, it will cost us many millions if we don’t make top 4.
    I don’t know who is available or not, we just have to buy them out. It can also be from lower divisions. Klopp and Nagelsmamm had to start somewhere. I don’t think you realize how embarrassing the situation is, to be so mediocre with that squad.

13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Do you realize how embarrassing it could be to sack and hire a lower division coach who ends up performing worse and finishes mid table or lower?

Not to say it can't work out after some time like Klopp who finished 6th and 5th in his first 2 seasons, but won't fans like you froth at the mouth over the mediocrity if a lower div hire finishes outside Champions League spots in his first 2 years like Klopp? Would you give a new young hire 2 seasons to make mistakes without pressure to finish top four like Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim or Klopp in 2008? The crowd here cant even stomach the idea of BVB finishing 2nd then 4th lmao

14. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don’t know about Klopp back then, I joined this club at the worst of his years, when we ended at 7th.
    But I’m convinced it can’t get any worse than this,
    Almost as if you or me took over it should get better, it’s not as much tactics or game preparation (there are lot of other people who can take care of that), but more about motivating the players. LF might be good at tactics, but lacs completely the motivation part. When he got question from media If he watched Bayern CL game right before we should meet them, he said: hmmm, I watched also other games. Wtf, watching other games he could do in another situation, not before we should meet them. That describes something about him, it’s like he’s in another planet.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    For the sake of context, it was certainly a different time when we got Klopp who had already made a name for himself at the time and was also on Bayern's radar. They chose Klinsmann and Klopp chose us.
    Our financial possibilities were vastly different, we still had a debt to keep in mind and used many young players who would luckily later turn out to be the base for the eventual titles under Klopp. Klopp wasn't supposed to challenge for the title. I don't know what the expectations were back then regarding specific targets but at least in contrast to the dire previous years, reaching european competition was a success.

Nowadays, your job is in trouble if you don't reach the CL, there is no doubt about that. Times have changed.

16. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Rangnick is looking for a club and he is someone who can handle transfers and results but past fan abuse when he was Schalke and Leipzig coach means chances are not high he will come to Dortmund.

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Every time I look at him he has this WTF look on his face like he has no clue what is going on. I seriously detest the guy and my hatred for him might even be a bit unfair. He just looks aloof and looks like a friggin moron.

BVBFNM repped this.
  18. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’d love if we get Rangnick, one of the best available. He said before he will not coach anymore, hope he changed his mind. Good in scouting too

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I dont get it that we cant afford Poch? He had less than 10M in Tottenham. I would offer him 2 years for 10M per season, i doubt he would reject that so easily.
    What is 20M to us, i mean if we can give that money on a players like Schulz, we can definitely invest that kind of money in Poch.

astrophyz repped this.
  20. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The whistle I keep hearing at home games seem to indicate otherwise...

21. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

The point was that there are talented young coaches out there (like young players) that just need a chance to become a Klopp. We have the luxury to have a half season tryout with one of them instead of having the certainty of a bad second half to the season. Keeping something that is proven not to work IS the worse possible thing to do here.

22. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

You dont seem to understand that in Klopp first 2 years he didn't have half the talent that is on the team today. We were favorite at the beginning of the season remember? The fear of change and trying something new is what is dragging this team down right now. What is so embarrassing in giving a chance to a young coach when our season is going no where? We are the team that give chances to young players all the time why not coaches when the timing is right??

23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It is my understanding that rule number one for the job of head coach is that you MUST be fluent in German. Pochettino doesn't speak German and thus we're shit out of luck.

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2 friendlies today. A win against Feyenoord and a loss against Mainz with several young players in both games.

Führich from our second team wasn't on the radar for me before this game and I wonder whether he's someone who is seriously considered to get a chance in the first team. I didn't see much of those games but he was the one whose style piqued my interest. I liked his vision and fast execution for the 3:1 he assisted against Feyenoord more than his goal. While I only saw him in this game, the basics seem promising for this guy and from time to time it seems an infusion of young, hungry players can be advantageous.

25. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I love watching this Reyna kid. Ive met his dad on occasions here in the states. They have another younger son who is supposed to be the best of the bunch. Ive heard that Gio is more technically gifted.