Bundesliga Season 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jun 28, 2019.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    After all these years of the fans, everyone on this board really, crying out for Raphael to play left back he finally is.

I have to say I was wrong about Witsel. He was probably just burnt out last season. I still think Dahoud is vital to play alongside him. Play Witsel and Dahoud, give Brandt time to settle in and we are as good as any team in the world. The Barca game is showing it.

I would like to see some rotation. I would not mind for Sancho and Reus to be given a rest.

2. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

You would think rotation would be a given considering the squad depth and quality this season. There's no reason for Witsel to be burned out when you have Delaney who can spell him and then Weigl/Brandt/Dahoud to play next to him.

3. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    We have a lot more depth, but if you want Guerreiro to play LB and Brandt to play in the middle, then we are not that deep for wingers, unless you want to give Brunn Larsen and Wolf more minutes -- or also play Reus on the wing.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I think for the moment Brandt should be used on the left and I would give Larsen minutes. I thought Wolf had gone?

5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    That's right. I forgot about Wolf. If Favre insists on minimal changes, then yes keep Reus in the center and Brandt on the left. Otherwise, we should really experiment with the switching their positions.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Possible, but I would not be against giving Gotze a go at 10. Frankfurt were good going forward against Arsenal, but terrible defensively.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The problem with that is that Favre sees Götze only as cover for Alcacer, and even worse, he's the only alternative for that position. So he's kept on the bench for the case Alcacer cannot play 90 minutes. It's kind of a stupid situation because as a consequence, that also effects opportunities to rest Reus.

Because it was mentioned as a possible combo, Weigl+Delaney didn't look that hot against Union. Delaney also had a workload like probably no one else for the last two games. If you have to rest Witsel, I'd rather fill the midfield with 3 to counter the loss of defensive quality if you partner Weigl with players like Dahoud and Brandt. Frankfurt were often a tough away match but they lost their 3 biggest offensive weapons.
    But Favre doesn't seem to be a friend of rotation for essential players so all this talk may be pointless.

8. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Only to rest Reus. I don't think he delivers the same energy as Reus. Only at the end of last season did he start to gel with the other attacking players. So I'm not sure if he can find that back so easily. But it's worth trying by giving him minutes little by little, not starting him.

You're right! I hate this situation! I'd much rather let him cover for Reus than Alcacer.

Exactly. We'll see though. It's early in the season and the Barca game might have taken a toll on some players.

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes only as a option to rest Reus. I agree with you the Barca match was exhausting so it would be good to rest some players.

10. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015

What the heck?????

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    There was no need for Watzke to make these comments in that way. He said that they can't offer the wages that some get in the PL and while Auba may feel good about the money in his bank account, he has to watch CL from home.
    On the other side, Auba's comments about Dembele aren't exactly telling the full story but it's understandable getting pissed when talent like Dembele leaves the club. In the end, both of these players forced their moves with unprofessional behaviour, although Auba remained a pro on the field as long as he played for us. Off the field, not so much.

12. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    :eek: I have the feeling Auba ain't gonna be coming home like Kagawa, Nahin, Gotze and Hummels...:thumbsdown:

13. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Guerreiro sign new deal till 2023

14. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Freiburg surprised Leipzig and are now in 2nd place. This is very good results for them.

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    hava and Blueberry_night repped this.
  16. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    But who could replace him? Mou??

17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Schalke is 5 pts in front of us.. I am looking at their roster... My God..
    That roster is 3 times worse than ours C.. 80% of the roster i dont even know who are those players... The only guy who could make into for starting lineup is Nubel, nobody else when it comes to quality... And they are in front of us... Jesus...
    This is the great example of a good coach

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wether it's the last 16 of the Champions League or the last 32 of the Europa League, we shall go no farther.

Lucien Favre has never advanced from a knockout round of a European tournament.

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Favre is a good coach and that's it.. The problem is that Dortmund players need great coach..

20. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I wouldn't call a coach with 20+ years of winning nothing with mid-table clubs good.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I really feel RBL have a chance to win this year. They are a good team. Should be an interesting 2nd half if we can hang on and win next week too.

Looking forward to seeing if we can get the kid from RBSalzburg and one more defender. Midfield worries me but we should be okay there once everyone heals up.

22. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Was about to say that results tonight went our way, and we still remain third. But Bayern scored 2 in stoppage time. We have lost many points by now. I still think we shall look for a new coach in the winter break. Many problems are still the same, like defending set pieces. Great deal of RBL’s chances came from corners or free kicks. 343 system seems to work, but it has taken him 1,5 years to find out

23. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Bayern doesnt look good.. Last 10 min Freiburg had 3 great chances and they blew it..
    Bayern bench today, Martinez and Boateng only recognize players, omg...
    If they dont bring some players in the winter, they will "piss blood" to defend the title.. Lewy is 50% of this Bayern, put him aside, they would have hard time to be in the top 4 in the league.
    The prime of this team is gone...

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #49 hava, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Sadly, Freiburg couldn't keep the draw but we only have ourselves to blame.

Never say never, but I'd say there is no way that the club thinks about changing the coach after the recent positive trend, certainly not if we get a result in the last game against Hoffenheim.
    The individual errors of the Leipzig game need to be addressed but with that ends Favre's responsibility. Especially Brandt has to be more careful with passes in his own half. I can live with high risk/high reward in offense but not with blind careless no reward passes in our half. If you are only going to pass horizontally or back to the keeper, just take that additional second as there is nothing to gain.

We aren't going to change the coach. I'm more interested whether we can improve the team during the winter break.

25. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Favre will stay, thats 90% sure.. I would give everything for Poch, but i think that's a dream, not because he wouldn't come, because our FO is always looking for a cheaper solutions..

When it comes to winter transfer market, i am not optimistic, cause when it comes to rumours, we are again looking for some young (too young) guys, some Czech kid from Sparta (17) and Antony (19) from Sao Paolo, both wingers..
    All we need at the moment is a natural striker, that number 9, clinical finishing, not like Reus who is playing that position and needs 3-4 100% chances to score