Bundesliga Players of the Past VIII

Discussion in 'Germany' started by noone23, Oct 20, 2009.

1. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    One More Kuert Buens Supplemental Pic

[​IMG]

The final Kurt Buens supplemental pic at this time.

2. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Gerd Zimmermann Supplemental Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since Gregoriak, I believe, previously profiled Gerd Zimmermann he(Zimmermann, not Gregoriak)just needs some supplemental pics and he gets a good start in that direction here.

3. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    More Gerd Zimmermann Supplemental Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the last three Gerd Zimmermann supplemental pics for now but I think, again, that this is a player that we will see several more times, most likely, before his Bundesliga career in pictures runs its course.

4. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Re: Marc Berdoll

This guy was a bit of a failure during his Bundesliga days, which was astounding since he was a French international. Other French players at the time, like Gilbert Gress before him or Didier Six after him did very well. However Marc Berdoll apparently got back on track in the 1977-78 season in France as he was a feature in France's 1978 World Cup campaign.

5. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Marc Berdoll's Failures in the Bundesliga

International stars have been known to fail playing in foreign leagues. I seem to remember Pierre Littbarski as one example. In his case homesickness had a part to play, I think. It could have been the same for Berdoll.

6. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Gerd Hummel vs. Manfred Burgsmueller

[​IMG]

In a pic taken during a match played during the 1978-79 season Nuiernberg goalkeeper Gerd Hummel concentrates on getting to the ball and making the save ahead of Dortmund's Manfred Burgsmueller. Behind Hummel is his defender teammate Horst Weyerich.

7. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Guenter Guttler Scores on Rudi Kargus

[​IMG]

In a match played in March of 1982 and won 0:3 by Bayern against home side Nuernberg Guenter Guttler scores the second Bayern goal as FCN goalkeeper Rudi Kargus on the right and defenders Reinhold Hintermaier and Alois Reinhardt on the left try unsuccessfully to defend(okay, Hintermaier watches because he is too far away to make a play).

8. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Paul Breitner's Penalty Beats Rudi Kargus

[​IMG]

Paul Breitner's penalty conversion beats Rudi Kargus to give Bayern a 3:2 lead over Nuernberg in the 1982 West German Cup final.

9. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Dieter Hoeness Header Beats Rudi Kargus

[​IMG]

Dieter Hoeness heads in Bayern's 4th and final goal against Rudi Kargus and Nuernberg close to the end of the 1982 West German Cup final making it 4:2 for Bayern.

10. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Abdreas Koepke Leaves a Cup Match Following a Sending Off

[​IMG]

FC Nuernberg goalkeeper Andreas Koepke leaves the field after being sent off during a West German Cup match against Uerdingen on the 24th of October, 1986; Bayer won the match, 3:2.

11. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Andreas Koepke Saves Klaus Taeuber's Penalty

[​IMG]

FC Nuernberg keeper Andreas Koepke comes up big with a save on a penalty by ex-Nuernberger Klaus Taeuber of Schalke in a match from the 1986-87 season won by visiting FCN, 2:4.

12. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Robert Kovac vs. Frank Mill

[​IMG]

Robert Kovac of FC Nuernberg tries to stop Frank Mill of Fortuna Duesseldorf during a DFB Pokal quarterfinal match played on November 7th, 1995, and won by Duesseldorf, 1:0. It looks like Mill won this on the field encounter, and rather easily at that.

13. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Jacel Krzynowek vs. Tony Sanneh

[​IMG]

In this pic two players from Nuernberg's foreign legion compete head to head for their national teams with Jecek Krzynowek playing for Poland and Tony Sanneh representing the USA. Poland beat the USA, 3:1, in a first round World Cup match played on the 14th of June, 2002, at Daejeon World Cup Stadium in Daejeon, South Korea. Krzynowek wears the traditional red/white Polish NT uniform which leaves Sanneh with the blue and white uni worn by the USA.

14. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Former Nuernberger Michael Kuegler Gets Farmed Out

[​IMG]

Former Bundesliga player Michael Kuegler finds himself in this pic playing in the Bayernliga(apparently for FC Nuernberg Amateure)against Wuerzburger FV on 18 October, 2003. Kuegler's team won the match, 1:0. Kuegler is on the right in the familiar red and black uniform. I think that the background in this picture is especially interesting. It makes it appear that the match is taking place in someone's back yard.

15. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Stephan Kuhn Pic

[​IMG]

The previously profiled(I assume, by me)Stephan Kuhn gets a pic here.

16. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Dieter Lieberwirth Gets Carried By the Fans

[​IMG]

Dieter Lieberwirth of Nuernberg gets carried by the club faithful after FCN clinched promotion back to the Bundesliga in 1978 in the Georg-Melches-Stadion in Essen against home side Rot-Weiss.

17. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Dieter Lieberwirth Shows Signs of Injury

[​IMG]

Nuernberg's Dieter Lieberwirth looks the part of a wounded warrior after a duel in the air with Dieter Prestin of FC Koeln/Cologne during a Bundesliga match played as part of the 1985-86 season.

18. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Frank Lippmann and Heinz Hoeher

[​IMG]

Frank Lippmann(on the left)and trainer Heinz Hoeher(on the right)of Nuernberg both look like they don't have much to do in this pic taken, maybe, in 1986.

19. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Frank Lippmann Gets Fan Support

[​IMG]

Never was fan support for a player more obvious than it is in this pic showing how the Nuernberg fans felt about Frank Lippmann(in 1986?).

20. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Jan "Jasch" Majkowski Makes It 2:0

[​IMG]

Nuernberg's Jan Majkowski scores to make the final result 2:0 for FCN against local rival SpVgg Fuerth in a September 21st, 1974, 2nd division match.

21. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Uli Hoeness vs. Jan Majkowski

[​IMG]

Nuernberg's Jan Majkowski tries to defend against Bayern's Uli Hoeness in a Fall 1978 match.

22. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Ulf Metschies Gets a Double Pic

[​IMG]

I saw this Ulf Metschies combo pic so I figured I should post it while I have it. A profile post for this player should follow some time in the not too distant future.

23. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Christoph Mueller Gets a Pic

[​IMG]

Nuernberg's Christoph Mueller gets a pic in advance of a profile post which should show up down the road somewhere.

24. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Manfred Mueller Finally Stands Still For a Pic

[​IMG]

In this pic we finally get goalkeeper Manfred Mueller away from the Bundesliga wars long enough to get him to stand in one place so that his portrait picture can be taken.

25. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Heiner Baltes Supplemental Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three supplemental pics for the already profiled Heiner Baltes.