Bundesliga Fantasy Game

Discussion in 'Germany' started by olafgb, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Brihodge

Brihodge New Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Unterwegs
    Man, I forgot how much kicker hated Tony Sanneh, why did I pick him? A 6? did anyone see this game? Did he really play that badly? That one cost me 10 points and just totally wiped out the good from everyone else.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read the scores wrong, thought they were in order from top to bottom. Oh well.

As for Sanneh...I got him too. ugh

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    I got Petkovic - no difference to Sanneh, except that Petkovic' rating might be right in contrast to Sanneh. I already contacted kicker because of him and other failures in today's edition.

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
  5. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Rank 3.085 for us after two (2.282 1st and 3.126 this time). Marc won the internal matchday ranking. Kolja stays on top in the season ranking.

6. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I redeemed myself with a +11 this week after a -22 last week. My players sure are streaky, but I guess that’s what I get from relying so heavily on 1860, the Jekyll and Hyde club of the league.

In my own defense, though, it should be said that I didn’t really know what the hell I was doing when I chose my roster. I blew 5 million beans on Nowotny, who presumably won’t even play until the second half of the season. Then there’s Bobic, who presumably won’t play at all! Didi Kühbauer buggered off back to Austria, Martin Stranzl broke his jaw. And for some reason, Thomas Schaaf has decided that he’s only going to play the “Ball of Lightning” – Ailton, who has proven that he’s good for 15 goals a season – for more than 10 minutes a game. Oh well, at least Martin Max did me proud.

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
  8. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    OMG, what a matchday. Only Matt, Daniel and Alex have double digits and together we made -2.2 points dropping us to 3.521. 5 of us were positive and 8 negative.

Really, I have never been similarly bad before. WHile in the first two days all were average with ratings between 3 and 4 (okay, Petkovic' 6 in game 1 wasn't helpful either), now I had an outstanding player with Cacau - but not a single one of the other players had a positive effect for me.

9. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Last season I tried to field a real team. I only picked players that in combination would make a real team, as opposed to five left wingers for example. After about the second or third match day I realized that was completely stupid (or so I thought). One only need about 3-4 of the right names to run away with all the points. I also had tremendous misfortune with injuries and sales of players, so much so that there were days where I couldn't even field eleven playing players.

This year I tried another strategy; spend all my money on a few superstars, and pack the rest in with crap and left-overs. Maybe last year's strategy was better... So far I have 37 points; last year I did much better.

http://www.kicker.de/content/manage...son=2002/03&spieltag=3&spielpaarung=&turnier=

10. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    That's always the question whether picking a team with a fairly good amount of talent or chosing top stars plus fillers. If a chosen top player fails, then your whole season over. But in the last years the players were much cheaper and you could have a much better team.

11. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
  12. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Wow, i was 621st this matchday. I fear that my season is already over now. How can it get better ? ;)

13. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    I should start thinking about changing the sports, maybe chess from now on... Never ever have I been that bad before, every change I make is an awful decision. My persoal hero is Petkovic - I dressed him twice, of course in the games he was rated 6 and 5.5.

14. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    I just saw the community ranking - I think we've got to build a monument for Alex. That's incredible.

My only comfort is that I'm better than my brother this year - it's crazy, this time he's having -54, all years before he finished top 1.000

15. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    I knew my faith in Ailton - the "Ball of Lightning" would be repaid: 3 goals and 22 points, the man is money. Now I just wish Nowotny weren't injured.

16. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I was sure that this would happen: now 4 of my players got a 5 or worse.

17. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Another big day for Ailton - I love that guy! Although I'm an idiot for leaving Bobic on the bench for the last three weeks. I've finally rectified that situation. May Fredi score in abundance for the rest of the season.

Great day for our community though - we were 453rd on match day 7. Anyone know how many communities there are in all?

18. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Ailton is great (though I don't have him) and Bobic was probably the best pick you could do for that money.

Finally everything went "normal" and the negative run is stopped. Don't know about the number of communities, I guess it's between 4.000 and 5.000. In the individual ranking 141.000 is the current number of participants.

19. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Looks like I wasted several million euros on Novotny. How selfish of him to blow out his ACL again.

20. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Ouch, I hoped this thread had been blowed with some server crashes ;). I hereby officially excuse myself for the by far worst season ever...

But let's praise the really top ones:
    Alex_K with 210 pts on overall rank 5119 and Syncope with 204 pts on rank 6061 are having an excellent team.

21. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    After getting negative points in two of the past three rounds, I'm mostly happy with this week's outcome. But still I wonder how well I might have done if Daun hadn't cost me 12 points. Essenrtially, all my points (29) are Scholl (+25), as Daun and Elber combined for -16 points, negating the +14 I received from Frings.

22. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    My greatest pick: Dimitar Berbatov, 3.5 M.

For this money I could have picked
    Benjamin Lauth (0.4 M - okay, I have him), Mohamaddou Idrissou (0.4 M), Momo Diabang (0.4 M), Markus Daun (0.5 M) and Kevin Kuranyi (0.6 M) and would have saved 1.2 M. Berbatov probably has more minus points than all of these guys combined (though this week Berbatov and Lauth are responsible for my -14 pts)

23. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Finally Elber gets me some points (17), then everyone else takes them away:

Butt -2
    Frings -4
    Scholl -2
    Bierofka -6

24. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Our worst performance yet as a league. :(

Spieltag 26 was not to be, as most of us had tremendous losses. In some competitions there's a fool's prize for coming in last--maybe we can still cash in.

25. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    27. Spieltag

Max gets 0 points, despite being rated at '3' and scoring two goals (one of which was wrongfully disallowed), and playing for only one half.

Bastards.