Bundesliga Business thread

Discussion in 'Germany' started by zatopek, May 29, 2008.

1. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    The debt isn't high. About 10 years ago, it was extremely high, since then, it more or less remained the same, while turnover and club values rised. The equity ratio is 35 %, which is very healthy. Though of course, single clubs might be exceptions, with a not-so-great capital structure. BL2 might need to worry there, too, but until a couple of years ago, they had negative equity, so it's getting better for them as well.

btw, I'd really like to know what "other accounts payable" in the debt department ccould be:

on loans: ~80 mio
    due to banks: ~100 mio
    from trade accounts: ~95 mio
    from other accounts: ~330 mio

2. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304299304577349533129877946.html

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Sky are kinda stupid.

4. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's a good deal for the clubs.

5. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish NBC Sports Network (USA) would try and get the Bundesliga TV rights. They would do a great job covering the matches and the product on the field would be the perfect compliment

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, the USA rights aren't up for grabs again until 2015. GolTV got them again this last time.

7. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could care less if it was dumb for Sky. It's great for the league and the clubs

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Not if Sky Germany goes bust over this and they are left with no pay tv channel next time they want to sell the rights. Not that I would complain, though...

9. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was and am pretty critical about the DFL's internet strategy but it isn't all bad if that led to the Telekom participating in this year's auction forcing Sky to up its offer by 200m per year.

10. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think this is a good call......

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    With television revenues generated expected to increase to €1 billion, several options are being considered in terms of redistribution of this money. Right now, the 2.BL receives 20% of current revenues which totals around € 142 Mio. The proposals being explored for the 2.BL are; keeping the 20% rate and applying it to the 1 billion, capping the amount at € 142 Mio, or a flexible share that changes but will never be less than 15% of the overall amount. The reformatting of the Pokal structure is also being discussed.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...l-reform-und-neuverteilung-der-tv-gelder.html

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria