Bundesliga: Bayern Munich V. Borussia [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by eissman, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... here we go again... up and down. Gain momentum with some good performances, lose it 4 days later. The inconsistancy is killing me. Result today on the road.... BM 2-0 FCB.

Lineup:
    ................Kahn
    Gorlitz...Lucio...Kovac...Rau
    ............Hargreaves
    Sagnol....Ballack... Ze Roberto
    .......Pizzaro....Makaay

FC Bayern: Kahn - Görlitz (68. Frings), Lucio, Kovac, Rau (58. Linke) - Sagnol, Hargreaves, Ballack, Zé Roberto (46. Schweinsteiger) - Pizarro, Makaay

From FCBAYERN.DE:
    "As expected, Michael Ballack returned after a two-game absence with Torsten Frings dropping to the bench for the first time in his Reds career. Zé Roberto came in on the left for Bastian Schweinsteiger with Owen Hargreaves detailed to follow Czech dangerman Marek Heinz around the Park."

There was a change at left-back too where Tobias Rau earned a recall in place of Hasan Salihamidzic, with Andreas Görlitz holding on to the spot on the opposite flank and Willy Sagnol again operating in midfield."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hummmmm... lets see, we won two games without certain "key" personel and now they are back to losing with those "influential" players on the pitch. Actually, the lineup was a jumbled up mess, so I should be fair here. Now, before I stick my entire foot in mouth, let it be known I did not follow the match or see it live. BUT... leaving off Frings, Schweinsteiger, Brazzo, Linke/Kuffour?!?!?! I would say we were feeling a bit over-zealous in our lineup selection and thus paid the price!

Yep... you guessed it... very disgruntled on this end. Please discuss....

2. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    yes, it's not a wise thing to do at all to drop these guys on the bench. The back 4 and DM are ok but ballack and Rau should have been played as a sub :( . I think Magath wanted to rest those players as they already played intensively in the last 2 weeks. :eek:

Btw, the official formation that i saw on Bayern champion is different from yours.

................Kahn
    Gorlitz...Lucio...Kovac...Rau
    ............Sagnol
    Hargreaves....Ballack... Ze Roberto
    .......Pizzaro....Makaay

the best one for Bayern i think should be

................Kahn
    Gorlitz...Lucio...Kovac...Sagnol
    ................Hargreaves
    Schweinsteiger....Frings... Ze Roberto
    ...............Pizzaro....Makaay

3. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We'll kick ya butt boys! ;-)

4. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GARBAGE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell happened!??? Ridiculous efforts from Bayern. Pizarro was nowhere to be seen! Gorlitz must have given the ball away about a dozen times. Rau was below decent. Magath should NOT have taken Ze Roberto off. He was the one player who could have made it happen for Bayern.

The ref shouldn't have red carded Lucio either, then again he was an idiot for kicking him after the tackle. Frings came on later in the game and was ineffective. Bayern show moments of brilliance in some games and then they just fall apart like this for example, I wonder sometimes you know...

5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official lineup... you are probably right... I am reading the first midfielder as the "right" sided mid, when it probably is in fact the defensive mid, right? I will get it right yet... :)

I think your "future" lineup is spot on!! This seems to give us the proper attacking from the back, and defense in the midfield. I would possibly keep Brazzo in the lineup due to his good performances as of late, thus keeping Sagnol in the midfield. It is a shame that it isn't possible to keep Brazzo, Gorlitz and Sagnol all in the back line. Same with potentially keeping Sagnol-Hargreaves-Schweinsteiger-Frings-Ze Roberto in the midfield.

6. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    anyone wants to watch the full match, download at http://football.hn.org:6969/stats.html?info_hash=7cae364fb9c8ebfefb0a66353a0a3eb34505863a

Kovac was awful today, he's the main reason that we conceded 2 goals :mad: . I think it's time for Magath to rotate 4-5-1 or a more defensive 442 on away games, we need to keep it tight on the back just as Juve have been doing greatly. Home teams usually more eagerly push forward, we can exploit their mistakes to convert chances into goals. Maybe in the 2nd half, we can change to the attacking formation if something is not going well. :D

Even with a defensive formation, Bayern still manage to threaten the opponent as we saw some times in the past especially in Turin against Juve. We just can't always play attacking football on all match days, it's just too much. :rolleyes:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Surprise surprise...

I have nothing to say for this garbage display of football except Lucio's red card was outrageous. He poked the ball away and after video review will most likely get his red card revoked.

Why was the lineup changed so drastically after an impressive run I do not understand.

8. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    No, it's a blatant foul, he kicked the opponents :p .

For the change of the lineup, i guess Magath wanted to rest some players as they've already played many games recently and give some key players a chance to warm up for the clash at home with Juve. Hell, the plans failed to succeed :(

9. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    hey, how about this 4-5-1 formation, looks similar to the diamond 442 :D

................Kahn
    Gorlitz...Lucio...Kovac...Salidhamidzic
    ................Hargreaves
    Schweinsteiger....Frings... Ze Roberto
    ...............Ballack
    ..........................Makaay

10. GN'R

GN'R New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    why didn't they just field the formation they fielded on the wolfsburg game? without the so-called "star" players they've won against hansa and league leaders wolfsburg.

11. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    I think Bayern played so poorly because they all was with their thoughts just at the Juventus-game.

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Bayern pulling a Bayern!

13. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich

I think you were interpreting the line-up correctly. Although I didn`t watch the game, I can`t imagine Sagnol not having played at the right midfield, with Hargreaves in defensive midfield, like your first line-up suggested. I`d say it was spot on.

14. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    But my lineup is right on the Bayern official site, can't be wrong. and dont' you know Sagol played some games on the DM this season ??

15. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    As far as I can see, the Bayern site has the following line-up:
    Kahn - Görlitz (68. Frings), Lucio, Kovac, Rau (58. Linke) - Sagnol, Hargreaves, Ballack, Zé Roberto (46. Schweinsteiger) - Pizarro, Makaay

Which translates into Sagnol having played right midfield again (as a starting position). Usually he plays right back, but not this season. Exactly the lineup and formation posted above by Eissman.

16. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
  17. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you say you two arm-wrestle over it? ;)

All kidding aside, I find it interesting (don't you?) that between BMGUY's source, Bundesliga.de, and FCBAYERN.de there is ALWAYS some discrepancy?
    Strange. Either way, it is not that big of a deal... although I am kind of a lineup nut as it were... I truly enjoy the tactical aspect of the game, and picking the right line and formation are the start to each battle.

Lets hope Juve proves to be a better match.

BTW, apparently Frings, Gorlitz, Ze Roberto, and Brazzo are all "banged up" going into Sunday's training session. =(

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Did anyone see gladbach supporters throw banana peels at Kahn on saturday?
    I thought it was hilarious.

Very nice stadium too.