Bundesliga: Bayern Munich V. Bochum [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by eissman, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know strikers can go hot or cold. Now I know that sounds hypocritical to all the abuse I was giving Ballack one week ago, but the two situations, though similar, are different. Makaay is like Ballack a dangerous commodity; however, Ballacks presence in the midfield can be more detrimental due to obvious mistakes in defense, while Makaay can get away with mistakes and miscues since it is more the nature of his position. While this isn't an excuse for Roy, he does bring a "fear of striking" probability to every match and is factors into the defensive scheme of every opponent. This potentially opens space for his strike partner, which thankfully has been Guerraro when the game starts to matter most. JPG's success I would imagine has to do somewhat with Roy's presence on the pitch.

Hope that made some remote sort of sense. =\

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Hahaa I am not pessimistic, I am honest. ;)
    Bayern were due some good luck, after all we've become so accustomed to it in the league for many years running.
    I am excited about Guerrero getting more playing time, it eases the pressure on Makaay being the lone scorer for Bayern.

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    Bochum played like 11 in defence, so what can you do? it's certainly tough for any team.

Bayern's 3 goals are funny though,from little lucky, the 1st one, to very lucky the last one :D :p :D .

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    No offense at all.
    Yes I did, seems Bayern are only increasing their game tempo when it comes to big teams; something that has plagued this club for the past couple of years.