Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    To be honest I prefer Freiburg to win the title.

2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    IMO Freiburg have a better chance of winning the EL, in which case I say Vollgas geben.

3. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you heard it here first ......

4. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RB Leipzig vs. Manchester City

FC Brügge vs. Benfica SL

FC Liverpool vs. Real Madrid

AC Mailand -Tottenham Hotspur

Eintracht Frankfurt - SSC Neapel

Borussia Dortmund - FC Chelsea

Inter Mailand - FC Porto

Paris Saint-Germain - FC Bayern

5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well it could have been worse for Dortmund, Chelsea don't look great this season and are definitely beatable. I feel like Bayern can beat most teams so facing PSG, although tough, is still a tie they can advance from. Frankfurt will obviously be underdogs v Napoli but that could suit them, plus Napoli despite their strong domestic form rarely go far in Europe.

Leipzig are likely out.

BVBFNM and BorisG repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    RB Leipzig vs Manchester City, a clash between up and coming clubs.

If such a match doesn't get you all tingling inside then you have no heart.

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol. The romance of football eh.

BVBFNM repped this.
  8. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahahahaha

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVBFNM and Alex C repped this.
  10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking at the EL playoff round draw

Ajax v Union
    Leverkusen v Monaco

Union have decent prospects imo, Ajax are a lot weaker after losing Ten Hag and a bunch of players last summer. They lost heavily to Napoli and Liverpool in the CL.

Leverkusen will depend on whether Wirtz is fit and also if they can improve before February. Monaco are definitely beatable.

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

he's very very likely bailing in Summer 2023 or 2024 MAX.
    also has La Liga interest.

$150M??
    LOL you could buy like 200+ German youth with that money.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Huseinbasic who is doing super well at Koln cost $50 000.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

also seeing his buddy Sancho flopping at shitty Man U would make it a really bad move on his part.

I neither like nor dislike him but all Penglish won't stay in Germany long term so was always coming.

BorisG and Alex C repped this.
  12. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I always knew Bellingham won't be around for long, so all I can do is hope we win something important before he departs.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Will another Englishmen replace him?

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes they have Gittens and always linked with more.

fact Dortmund will always go after Penglish talent why. Simply because Sancho and Bellingham gonna sell over $100M each. Imagine making over $200M combined for both.

only good thing is that due to Brexit now no Penglish talent can move to Germany unless they are 18 min and unless they have passport of an EU country on top of English.

its same for USA, Pulisic was sold for like $70-75M. Even though was basically benched by Brunn Larsen LMAO at Dortmund. And now he's most expensive bencher in Europe. Its why they got Reyna and always linked with more USA talents. Honestly was always meh about Pulisic and he gets tons of shit at Chelsea too. And he's getting worse and worse too.

its because players from USA, England etc sell a ton.

imagine players like Pulisic, Sancho, McKennie etc flop hard outside Germany but still made more money selling them than a SHIT TON of German players who actually do perform.

no joke when I say, a lot of people in EPL think Dortmund did greatest ever con job with Sancho/Pulisic, LMAO.

amount of Germans who reach over $50M is very very very small.

that is and will always be a 1BL issue when it comes to young that dev/sell fixation.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but how realistic is that though.

if Dortmund can get Haller fit and playing and everyone mostly fit. Then 2nd half of season cannot lose any matches. Otherwise you'll continue to waste chances.

CL, would love to see Dortmund win but tall task.

dfb cup is always open thing even more if someone eliminates Bayern.

best bet is 1BL-DFB Cup

BVBFNM repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in all honestly Sancho flopping does NOT surprise me. Everyone in Germany praising him for breaking records etc.

but
    1-he was playing in top club in Germany who were always attacking and a lot of counters
    2-his dribbling is space dependent and you have less space in non 1BL

so I'm not surprised one bit and since he's NOT German don't care, LOL.

also admit this is also why I do think some German attackers better off staying in 1BL whole career.

players are too EPL obsessed
    Best league in world............even though Europe wise, La Liga is better, LOL

but a lot ignore the
    is EPL suitable for me aspect of equation.
    is La LIga suitable for me aspect of equation
    is Serie A suitable for me aspect of equation

that is something you have to look into 1st and set aside obsession.

17. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Players are EPL obsessed because that's where the big money is and not because they love the league.

Blueberry_night, Dage and Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern video analyst Luis Kircher has said a few things that some of us have been saying for years about Bayern vs rest of clubs fighting Bayern

-"I think Dortmund and Leipzig are mainly focused on developing young players and winning transfers, while Bayern's main goal is winning trophies."
    -The other clubs "also have the desire to win titles", but follow the principle of "making players ready to sell them, which limits their opportunities for further development,"
    -"Bayern, on the other hand, are able and willing to invest in established players at a higher level and that makes them more competitive."
    -“There were a few defeats at the beginning of the season. I think it's because of the new players like Sadio Mane or Matthjis de Ligt, who have to get used to the system, and the absence of Robert Lewandowski sometimes makes the attack less deadly," Kircher said, explaining the period of weakness in Munich. “Julian Nagelsmann is still experimenting. But it's good for the league. Bayern will always want to assert themselves and that is why they must and will continue to improve and get the results.”

I've been critical of this for years, the dev/sell fixation means you lose your core team too often and have to replacement all the time rinse/repeat. While Bayern replaces 1 here and there and is far more consistant.

this is why I want to see Dortmund build a youth core. Players less likely to bail long term.

BVBFNM repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    don't know about that, constantly see way too many players who dream of EPL. Even youth players also dream of that.

it feels like most kids dream of Barca mostly due to that Golden era and EPL and playing for the big clubs there.

I feel like its more 1BL clubs who love EPL for the money they get from it, LOL

and of course there are numerous players who go EPL because salary is a LOT more than 1BL. We've seen a LOT of them go to EPL even for bottom clubs just for money, LMAO, have fun in Championship.

Collected repped this.
  20. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Why are smaller teams letting a top team counter attack them so much? Isn't it naive?

Sancho had a very bad Hinrunde in his last season at Dortmund so Man Utd had been warned.

Ger90 repped this.
  21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Actually it's just Real Madrid and Barcelona to a lesser extent. No other Spanish club has won the CL outside of those two. Where they have really dominated is the EL.

This whole statement is pretty much why I stopped engaging with local BVB fans on Twitter. They'd get all defensive whenever I criticised Watzke and co for their lack of ambition, and I guess it's the reason I never knew about BVB fans shitting on Knauff.

I think Portuguese clubs are the absolute pros at buying low/selling high.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think its just the way 1BL is. Once you score the 1st goal it forces the other team to open up even more otherwise they will lose. So once you score the 1st the door is wide open for counters. And Dortmund although loves counter can also score on non-counters.

see it all the time with middle table to bottom, they know they need to score so bus parking isn't going to help them.

bus parking is more useful in tournament style rather than you got 34 matches to play. You can't play for Ds.

also helps that Dortmund going after fast players on purpose not ever fullback and CB is super fast. Lars Ricken actually said that for future, Dortmund wants fast players in all positions and scouting wise will not bother with players with lack of speed.

its like when I saw the often complaining about CFs who aren't classical not grasping that 1BL clubs LIKES AND WANTS fast CFs. And most classical CFs aren't fast. Its why dev wise, most of classical CFs need more time and more detours to make 1BL compared to fast ones. Haaland was big but fast so he's fine.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah its only those 2 and then they are kings of EL, lol.

its funny Germany fans get accused of arrogance by a troll in "other threads" just for shitting on other NTs. But that troll doesn't get that we do it even when we are shit, so it has nothing to do with arrogance but dislike of other NT. I hate Spain, France, Argentina, duh I'm gonna shit on them at every chance, its a given, lol.

the real arrogance is Bayern fans, I too stopped interacting with Bayern anywhere outside of bigscooer. Nothing but a very very very cringe fanbase, LMAO. They are the real definition of arrogance who shit on all teams and all players who reject them. Also always propping up duds, thinking they are best, they are owed everything......the worst are International Bayern fans....yikes. Just an annoying fanbase.

Dortmund fans , they love to shit on German players at every turn and just want all foreign to make the team. Knauff and Tigges got so much shit while they cost $0. I feel like both fit the Dortmund mind set that players who play the club need to be Elite/World class ignoring that its BS. So Knauff who isn't viewed as Elite gets shit on. Nevermind that he's shown to be a difference maker in CL and EL and won Best Young Player for EL. So much, Knauff is NOT Dortmund material while Terzic rates Knauff highly and last week said he wants him back in Summer after successful loan. And vast majority of shitting happened pre-loaning too.

Dortmund fans seem satistfied for as long as they make CL that's all they care about.......they got conditioned.

BVBFNM repped this.
  24. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean dortmund over the years has sold some great players they must be one the clubs who really must make good money on transfers ….
    Dortmund is like a spring Board for many players and Dortmund must be killing it on the transfer market .

Having had LEwa Aubameyang and halland alone some of the best CF in the last decade .

I guess they also bought a few failures but regarding their transfer income it probably shows a positive balance

25. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mhhh I see last season dortmund had a 12 million negative transfer balance …

Which is quite small I guess considering compared to Barcelona who had a 118 million negative balance