Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL Sarr with captain armband, sooooo bad,

1416417923435016192 is not a valid tweet id

but my man he's French so totally world class and amazing playa!!!

2. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I see no Bouna Sarr as full-back in world class column. This is travesty :mad:

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern is so French obsessed when Sarr, Pavard, Cuisance and Tolisso are NOWHERE near Bayern quality.

funny part THEY NEVER WERE. Now all reps about how Sarr, Pavard and Tolisso=all sell candidates. LOL. Who does scouts these players? LOL. As for Pavard wasn't even best Stuttgart D and he transfers to Bayern based on what???

still wait and see on most expensive injury prone player Hernandez. Although not biggest Coman fan, at least he shows himself to not be out of place.

4. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Eh, Hernandez is good, I dare to say better than Coman. He is fast, strong, tenacious, but of course the injury record is worrying...

I say, sold all those other frenchies including Cuisance, Kouassy and only keep Hernandez and Coman. Time for Bayern to going back to own youth .

Alex C repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    next up,

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

for All English and Spanish fixation by 1BL its been vast majority flops or meh end results.

A lot of Dutch in 1BL/Germany look on downtrending side too.

French overall do better in 1BL although high # play in 1BL not a huge amount of wow players. Majority of better French don't want to play in Germany too.

7. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And why would they? Here are the average salary breakdowns per league (source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/675120/average-sports-salaries-by-league/) :

EPL - 3.97
    La Liga - 2.55
    Serie A - 2.23
    Bundesliga - 1.98
    Lique 1 - 1.3

If I'm a professional and looking to maximize my salary over my career, then I'd go to the league that pays the most. Assuming that I have the quality to make it in that league.

Of course there are exceptions to this - club loyalty, prestige clubs that pay well above league average (Bayern and PSG come to mind).

I also think the above salary averages correlates to the UEFA league coefficients as well.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not just about money a lot of players DON'T want to live in Germany NOR learn German. That's also reality.

******** money whether you play 1BL or La Liga or EPL end result=all millionaires. That's biggest reason unlike others I don't care about shitting on rich players.

feel bad for players in lower levels not rich shitty players, LOL.

Alex C repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    imagine anyone feeling bad for Sarr for being garbage but getting millions for being so, LOL.

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

The average wages of La Liga and Serie A are skewed by a few clubs paying huge wages (Real, Barca, Juve, Inter etc). Mid-bottom clubs don’t pay more then their German equivalent, in fact usually less, I mean there are some teams in both Spain and Italy top divisions that literally only get 5-10k attendances and TV monies are not distributed fairly at all.

At the end of the day all these players are on average earning 2m+ a year. More then a lot of people earn in 20 years. So many clubs overpay for mediocre talent.

11. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The point is, there is no motivation for an elite player to come to Germany - other than Bayern, I don't think other teams will in general pay EPL level salaries.

And if they don't like the culture (I have no idea why not, they must be idiots) well, getting paid less is not an attraction.

Yeah, they are all millionaires, I was shocked to find the average salary for an EPL player was 3.97 MILLION dollars. For playing a f*cking game I would play for free.

12. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, it's tough to derive accurate stuff when there is such a variation in salaries within leagues. I could have tried for top team/league break down but that was too much work ;):)

Alex C repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Still better to play basketball if you wanna get really rich. ;)

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  14. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly doesn't work well when you're 5'10" with a 6" vertical.:(

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  15. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Seriously nothing beat golf player. Almost no risk of injury and get paid sh1tload of money.

Alex C, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sports players in nutshell.

I applaud ancient noble but now near exctinct 1 MAN CLUB. Players like Thomas Muller, Totti etc.

Alex C repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that Golf is a sport is ridoulous. Just hitting a ball here and there and than either walking or taking that car thing around. Golf is more an activity than sport.

I'm actually quite good at mini golf and had a crowd follow me a few times, LOL. And that was me at 12-13.:ROFLMAO:

Blueberry_night, Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't consider golf a sport. To me it's just a vanity pastime for wealthy middle-aged men.

Blueberry_night, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    golf is a travesty on nature. Wrecking forests or land just to build golf course, GTFO with that.

Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  20. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The movie Falling Down hits the nail on the head when Michael Douglas's character comments that golf courses are a waste of hectares and would be better used as green zones where families can have picnics or camping trips.

Collected, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  21. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Even elite trainer refused to coach Bundesliga's side other than Bayern.

22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Lol. Omar Richards = strong new signing. 23 y/o free transfer from English 2nd tier.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    O.Richards, I don't get a soon to be 24 year old career Championship player.

Normally clubs go after players actually involved in NTs of their countries......Richards has never been relevant for England at any point.....

also his stats,
    3 goals and 0 assists in 104 games.....that's garbage.

In friendly 1 vs Koln, he looked average too. Nothing impressive. I do laugh that Bayern almost never go for 2BL players but go and get a Championship player LOL. Richards is no Kimmich level talent and Kimmich moved to Bayern at 20 from 2BL.

Alex C repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this club is so ********ing pathetic, yeah they won't stay since 0 are homegrown players. And look at how they are A-OK with being stepping stone, LMAO, this is supposed to be CL contender? Also just buying young players from elsewhere too.

Schäfer: "We want to create value" "We have our principles," emphasizes VfL sports director Marcel Schäfer. Deviations from the plan to do the thing with the talents will also tend to be the exception in the future. After all, the under-23 experiences that Schäfer and his supervisor Jörg Schmadtke have had in the past two years in particular are excellent. Xaver Schlager, Ridle Baku and Marin Pongracic were 22 each when they came to Wolfsburg. Bartosz Bialek (currently in rehab after a cruciate ligament rupture) 18, Maxence Lacroix 20. And "older" players like Kevin Mbabu and Paulo Otavio were only 24 at the time of their transfers. "We want to create value," emphasizes Schäfer, who is aware that VfL is just a stepping stone for most players. See Lacroix, which was brought in from the French second division club FC Sochaux for five million euros and could now, a year later, be sold for many times over.

From almost relegated to Champions League participant within three years "We have a clear plan on how we want to develop the team," VfL supervisory board chief Frank Witter once announced. "We want to offer talented players a perspective to develop in a good environment. Not everyone has to have the absolute peak of their development with us. But we want to be an important part of this process." So far, this has worked out perfectly. Within three years, VfL developed from a relegated team to a Champions League participant and, at the same time, gradually rejuvenated its squad.

The other side of the coin: The young top players arouse desires, which, as in the Lacroix case, can sometimes be a bit more unpleasant. The French want to go to Leipzig, but are not allowed to. More cases will follow - this is also what VfL wants. "We have to say goodbye to this romanticism that a footballer comes to us and wants to stay 15 years," explains Schäfer, who is not exactly an example and himself wore the VfL jersey for almost ten years. Lacroix will not do this, and neither will Baku. "But that is also our goal," emphasizes Schäfer, "that is what we are committed to. We want to develop players and create value."
    And be successful. So far, the plan is working wonderfully. With Bornauw, the Nmechas and Vranckx, the next top talents have already stepped onto the springboard.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this whole ********ing league is NOTHING but a dev and selling league and all clubs seem into it too.

BVBFNM repped this.