Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even with massive debts, Schalke continuing to make shit transfers/look for desperate short term solutions. Will they ever learn.

They should focus on building a young team with a clear philosophy.
    That in turn should improve chemistry and stability within the club and if it takes getting relegated as part of the rebuilding process then so be it.

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Honest take on Schalke. They've been screwing up club management and transfers for years. Everyone knows that. At this point they have no major money to spend, further complicated being in a pandemic season and are just looking at survival.

Bringing in Kolasinac on loan will help them during this time, even if it's short term. He brings some much needed fighting spirit to a broken club that lacks mental strength.

They were linked with Weiser a few weeks ago but interest seem to have faded. He's also gotten injured and will be out for a bit. Korb is another player they're looking at but he's rubbish.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Lol it doesn't get anymore Vizekusen than that ending. Now winless in their last 4 Buli matches

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Luka Jovic returns to Frankfurt: Why do Bundesliga strikers struggle abroad?

Struggling strikers

And yet, Jovic isn't the only Bundesliga striker to have struggled after leaving Germany. For every Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Christian Pulisic, there are more who fail to live up to the expectations and price tags.

Sebastian Haller, the second buffalo in the Eintracht herd, joined Ajax this month after a less-than-successful €50m ($60.6m) move from Frankfurt to West Ham United. The third buffalo, Ante Rebic, has fared better at AC Milan.

Brazilian forward Joelinton also secured a €44m move from Hoffenheim to Newcastle United in 2019 but has managed just three league goals for the Magpies since. And although it's still early days, Timo Werner has hardly hit the ground running at Chelsea following his €53m transfer from RB Leipzig.

If eyebrows are raised, it can partly be put down to the huge transfer fees, about which the players themselves can do nothing, but which Bundesliga clubs will readily demand the moment a Premier League club – or Real Madrid – picks up the phone. The figures shoot up, and so do the expectations.

But there is another explanation too. Jovic, Haller, Joelinton and Werner all blossomed within very specific systems in Germany, where Bundesliga clubs largely play high-pressing games with a reliance on quick counter attacks – perhaps too much for their own good.

Werner is the best example; a player who thrived on executing transitions [turnovers of the ball from defense to attack] and counter-attacks for the most counter-attacking team in the league.

Data collated by The Athletic recently shows that the German international made 78% of his appearances for RB Leipzig in a central striking role, lurking on the shoulder of the last defender to capitalize on RB's average of 8.5 transitional moments per game. Since moving to Chelsea, however, only 25% of his appearances have come in that favored role, with Frank Lampard's team preferring more possession-based build-up.

One of the challenges for Werner and his other ex-Bundesliga colleagues is to adapt and add more strings to their bows.

Jovic failed to rise to that challenge in Madrid but has made a sensible decision to take a step back and regroup in more familiar surroundings.

He allegedly turned down more lucrative offers, including from Premier League sides, and accepted a wage decrease to return to Frankfurt, where he could have introduced himself with another three words: "Ich bin zuhause" – I am home.

https://m.dw.com/en/luka-jovic-retu...undesliga-strikers-struggle-abroad/a-56236289

5. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am liking whatever little have seen of Tuechert this season...he turned 24 yesterday only...will follow him for the rest of the season

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Bochum and Düsseldorf continue to be upward trending in the 2BL lately, along with HSV finding their stride again. All 3 clubs now currently in the Top 3

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Lmao holy shit Dortmund are so bad

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Oof embarrassing penalty miss for Reus

At least an easy win for Werder Bremen

9. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Need Schalke relegated for the memes :p:D:)

Plus i really dislike them :);)

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoppe

@Ger90 wondered why Hoppe could get chance because he didn’t play well in reserve team

maybe coaches just see traits from him which is more adaptive for pro football? Looks like Hoppe is impressing and coaches know why they needed to play him

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol at this guy obsessing over me. More like wasn't playing in II since he was bench CF there. And there has been some German commentators who also questioned his use.

Good for Schalke but too bad but they still suck ass and headed for long long relegation battle. They should be more worried about sucking ass.

let's pretend that Harit didn't play a massive role too vs Hoff with 3 assists and 1 goal. That was Harit and Schalke's ONLY good game for over a year.

and good for USA fans who complain all the time about their weak CF pool since Sargent can't do anything even with chance after chance.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this troll will obsess over me in every thread like a stalker.

curious as to why someone who doesn't care about any opinion/view I post spends all his time obsessing over said person? Got him red carded and still quotes me more than any other poster.I 100% don't give 2 shits about anything he posts. Over a year, keep telling him to leave me ******** alone. Neither you nor anyone else has to agree or share my opinon. And constantly inabilty to read anything mixed in with him making shit up....which all 100% comes as on purpose.

This guy makes every attempt to defend all foreign players while shitting on all German ones. And biggest PROOF that he only obsess over me is that this thread has had TONS of shitting on Germans and foreign players, TONS from numerous different posters. And Yet KHR only takes time for my posts and ignores all rest. LMAO doesn't get more obious that this.

A bunch of players he defended over years shown nothing or not much following seasons. One example is actually Sargent, because he scored on his debut started using him to shit on Germans and look at him now, 1 goal in 1300 min. Maybe he scores again later or maybe not.....

At end day, don't give a shit about Sargent or Hoppe or foreign players or their dev. It doesn't interest me much. Guy did same for foreign players who scored a lot in RL but got 0 1st team chance started using them to shit on German players too.

Sure I like some foreign players but not going to talk about them much or discuss their dev or regression.

I'm here for German players. Well known fact that Germany has CF issues NOTHING NEW, whole world thinks it and I think 98-onwards looks interesting/more promising than past but will take time. More interested in focusing on us.

Why does someone who hates German so badly even here??? A guy who legits wants players to fail and revel in it too.

just remembering the tons of crap he posts about German players in Youth thread to continously show how much he hates German players is hard cringe.

2 months ago, claimed Raebiger wasn't a top talent (and others too who their own clubs called them such few months later, LMAO but for pity will only post 1 name), MORE THAN ONCE too. Cool to know that RB Leipzig has a 15 year old aka underage u17 player NOT top talent train with 1st team, LMAO. Yeah sure I'm sure Nagelsmann has him training with 1st team because media/Bild hyping him up and will realize he's not top talent and average, LOL.

just 1 example of MANY too. I don't have shit memory, could easily call out all crap he said over past year in every thread. And if I did LMAO, would be a LONG LONG LIST, LOL But don't since this guy is waste of time and deserves to be on ignore.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    anyways, past week shows 1BL problem. These clubs suck.
    -Bayern barely beat Freiburg could have ended 2-2.

-Dortmund draws weak Mainz and loses 2 pts
    -Leizpig with 1 pts out of 6....their attack is complete garbage barely manage to get results.
    -Bayer have 1 pts in past 4 straight games.....with 50% sans Wirtz
    -Gladbach throw away match in 90+ to PK to end up with 2-2 draw. All season losing pts for no good reason.

even a shit/not convincing Bayern will win this league.
    Jovic flops comes back and scores double on return, lol.

I joked about Union Berlin winning 1BL last week but that club seems most impressive one and also ONLY THEIR 2nd EVER 1BL SEASON. Got promoted to 1BL for 1st time ever last season. More impressive continue to get results even with Ujah, Kruse, and Pohjanpalo injured.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more funny, Hertha Berlin spends like $60+M to become CL club and Union Berlin with shoe string budget are ones who could end up playing CL next season.:ROFLMAO:

Alex C repped this.
  17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol u just have to be fair to all players, not only German. The standard should be the same for every player

Werner can miss thousands of easy chances but u said he’s good; Sargent does the same so he’s bad?

lol Hoppe struggled in Schalke II because of various reasons? But coaches see talent in him so he promoted him and played him in starting lineup. And he does deliver at top level. So whoever doubted the coaches or the players was eventually the stupid ones. “LOL Hoppe is not even starting in RL” ... umm maybe because the coach in Schalke II have struggled?

Same went to Musiala. Flick saw talent in him , u said he struggled in Bayern II and u hated Musiala’s promotion. But ends up Musiala is the top talent.

damn , it’s all about pro coaches seeing talents at top Level. They don’t have to judge it on nationality. Bet if Germany have top talents at those positions , the coaches will play them too

lol wonder how u would hype up Hoppe if he’s German. You double standard . @Ger90 “lol (your favourite) “ Hoppe didn’t even get chance in Schalke but playing so well in 1BL now, meaning coaching in Schalke II was the problem! The Schalke coach now it’s wise to find his talent”

hilarious LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

it’s not like German clubs are not playing young talents. There are still many in the league who start . But too bad they are foreign talents because the German talents are no longer competitive. lol even talents from Serbia, Denmark, USA or Austria are Better and more competitive than Germany ones. Those who are so lazy n laid back

lol so funny . I was the first One who mentioned Sidney Raebiger here. And I said he’s good talent (not everyone has to be top. Top talent is Messi, Cristiano or Maradona level. No one is)

Raebiger can train with pro teams. But when will he play at pro level AND more importantly how does he perform is another story. Timo Werner also trained with pro team at 16, didn’t mean he’s doing well at pro football.

1997 - 2001 are still very weak age groups. Neuhaus and Uduokhai , so what? Henrichs is not going to be anything top anyway . And a few Bundesliga starters? Lol French and England have ten times more

we only call up players like Henrichs because there are no German players or good talents at certain position. Doesn’t mean they are good lol

2000 other than Mbom.... used to say ARP was good . Can’t even start for Bayern II these days. 3 goals in 16 games for Bayern II? Struggle in 3 BL.
    Argh yea, I criticised Bayern for not giving him Chances but gave Zirkzee instead lol hahahahahaha

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    didn't read any of your shit posting because that's all you do nothing but GARBAGE USELESS POSTING LIKE YOU.

no cares you confirmed known racist POS.

racist aside, you haven't posted ONE dececnt post in almost 2 full years. Imagine taking time to read your DRIVEL, LMAO. A quick glimpse and one as usual your making a LOT of shit from up your ass as usual, ********ing clown.

nothing but a waste of time, lol.

save your posting to tell masses that Uduokai should play CF and post your team of week in Reboot thread that's mostly same crap over and over. Nothing but repeat shit posting. Like you ran out of shit to post.

and since you don't seem to get it through your pebble brain. Nothing you post interest me for not even 1 second. So why keep quoting me over and over. YOUR OPINIONS/VIEWS/LIKES/DISLIKES ETC, DON"T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF IT.

KHR Most boring and ONLY useless poster on these boards. Takes time to log in to soccer forum to post about how much he hates German players and German footy, LMAO.

cringe and clownish part is how little you realize you don't contribute anything to these boards but shit posting. Have fun in your sad miserable life.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    whenver KHR posts on this thread IT"S ALWAYS been about him bitching about me. That's only time he posts in this thread, such a pathethtic loser.

His whole posting on this forum revolves around bitching and dumb making up shit reactions to my posts. Such a butthurt troll.

this shows how dumb and useless you are. 95% fixation with me and 5% repeating same crap over and over and over.

and this has been his posting ever since Plattenhardt incident. So is he world class YET, LMAO, LMAO.

Dude this is just a dumb soccer forum, one would think Millions of people are reading this mostly dead German boards. So obessed with pissing contest of sorts when no one cares and neither do I. And all you show is how much of a dick/A-Hole/clown you are anyways. Guy who confirmed he hates everyone in here more than once too.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yea

why the pro teams promoted Musiala and Hoppe? They didn’t play well in reserve teams.

er.... lol maybe because the coaches in pro teams see talent in them? Lol n they used their chances perfectly

Then u might ask why German talents failed to perform when they were given chances? Lol

but if cos u can make up thousands of excuses when they failed to perform, which foreign talents won’t hv .

Bundesliga is an easy league. Too easy. If German talents can’t even play well in Bundesliga then yea play in 2BL, Belgium, Eredivisie or Austria or something. Score 20 goals a season or make 14 assists then we can talk again . But unfortunately , we see no top talent anymore in Germany

Raebiger is training with pro team , doesn’t mean he will play REGULARLY anyway. And will he play well? Who knows.

But funny part is that many foreign talents fund Bundesliga so easy. Only German talents struggle

German talents aren’t even competitive. They don’t want French, English or other talents to come to the league because they all know they are not good enough to compete. If they are much better, why afraid of competition?

German talents are currently worse than Austrian, American, Swedish n Danish . Big concern

Hoppe’s case, if he’s a German, u would say something like “Hoppe didn’t even start in Schalke II n he’s playing so well for Schalke now. Shows that the coach in Schalke II is an idiot.”

yes , he is. But the coach for Schalke pro isn’t . That’s why

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    still recall when he wanted to dictate what one can post and cannot, LMAO. Because like an idiot, he believes all he reads in media and got butthurt from it. And Legit started making huge fuss about me or eptiome posting things.

like get real with this shit you clown. No one posts to suit your shitty pathethtic sensibilities.

guy makes everything about himself and roots for German players to fail. ********ing disgusting clown.

you never answered @RacMan93's question who asked you over and over what players you rate for weeks too. Because its likely a very very small list. Not that I care since you and your opinions/views mean nothing to me, all garbage not worth reading.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol another post of KHR=I'm not reading, This idiot=waste of time.

quote me all you want, not reading your crap anymore. You can shove all of it up your ass, LMAO. You won't get anything out of me but insults.

I"m sure its all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa worthy crap, LMAO.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

that you non stop quote just shows how much of a psycho loser stalker you are. Worst part is NONE of your postings is remotely interesting,Hasn't been for years and years maybe since 2017 max. All YAWN worthy stuff good for a nap.

Besides who the ******** wants to interact with an racist A-Hole. NOT ME.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #5598 Ger90, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Life is short why waste it on some dumb idiot online who's so so so so ********ing boring.

In real life, I'm a polite person naturally even to people I don't like. But ******** this shit this is a forum with option for ignore. Why waste any second on this dipshit loser? Everytime he non stop quotes me it leads to insults galore. And prior to that, I have 0 interest in talking to him about anything but this guy wants to force interactions. Like go bother other posters with your drivel.

that he seems so ********ing desperate for my attention highlights how much of a loser he is. Instead of ignoring all my posts and opinions. He's obsessed and fixated on them to max. Like that's more creepy than anything. Ignore my posts.

people are in forum to have discussions and enjoy said discussions. Your boring and waste of time, what's point anymore. And non stop shit posting and making up shit and you get a SHIT wrong for years and just seem so ********ing butthurt. And you have SHOWN NUMEROUS TIMES TO NOT BEING HERE for convos.

and you shown yourself to also be a ********ing liar over and over and having a huge things wrong, LOL, claiming your an expert for years and bitching about it. Than last year admits he's not one, lol ********ing obvious from day 1. Your just a ********ing parrot.

And your primary issue with me was obvious for ages, you seem to be so ********ing delusional and think that I see myself as expert. Which is what you admitted last year too. Like LMAO how ********ing dumb can you get. I have never once claimed anything but being a German NT fan and nothing more. Don't give 2 shits if people agree with me on anything or not. People can believe whatever they want. If 0 people agree with me or all......either way makes no difference in my life.

and since you like to spend your everytime making up shit about me and attempt slander me. Don't think I won't skim through read ignore post and report

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don’t have to be interesting

because German football is no longer interesting . There’s no good talent

we are making a big fuss because a 22 year old starting in 1BL lol and that’s the reflection of German football

just no talent

Other than Neuhaus and Uduokhai.,.. u call Mittelstadt/Henrichs/K.Schlotterbeck good because they play in 1BL and it’s not a bad age group? Lol maybe 1-2 relevant for Nt in my opinion. And Henrichs isn’t, he’s there only because Germany have no player. Doesn’t mean he’s good

Everyone knows Germany can’t produce talents anymore. Won’t have interesting posts until this changed

look at how our players struggled in other leagues and become laughing stocks. Werner, Havertz, Mustafi, Rudiger, Karius ...

German players aren’t even good for many other leagues because they lack the drive. And u would wonder why foriegn talents always find Bundesliga so easy, but German talents struggle in Bundesliga. Even our seasoned players can’t do shit in other leagues

so sorry, nothing interesting. If u think positive news = interesting. I’m afraid u won’t hear that from me or anyone ... anymore.

that’s the state of German football. It has been like that since many years and nothing has really changed. Even Sweden or Austria are training better striker talents, then u would wonder when the turning point will be.

u might see some 97-2002 playing here and there. But that doesn’t mean shit. How many do play regularly? And how many are really impressive? Maybe only Neuhaus, Baku n Uduokhai

You used to hype up ARP, Arne Maier, Gianluca Itter and David Nieland too. If they are so great so why did they struggle everywhere ? Itter, already said it ages ago, is so overrated by media.

nah, nothing will be interesting for German football. Not pessimism but nothing is really changing.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/...fussball-vergleich-frankreich-england100.html

read the above

Serdar is playing , means what? Timon Becker is playing ... does it mean it’s a good age group?

in fact I kept saying( might be boring) , u won’t see many 1997-2001 who can consistently IMPRESS in Bundesliga. Only a handful

physicality and their fitness level and drive to success is a big problem

U have to ask why foreign talents find Bundesliga (an easy league) so easy. But homegrown talents fail to play well when given chance.