Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    although we have it better we finished in end of June. While La Liga, EPL, and Serie A are all still playing.

if it's bad for us it'll worse for everyone else. Don't forget 1BL=34 games, EPL/La Liga/Serie A=38 games so they have even more games to play in 2020-2021 season.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    always wondered why are German transfers so fricking cheap?

Biggest German transfers.
    -Sane to Citeh,
    £37 million transfer fee, with performance-related add-ons potentially making the fee £46.5 million.

-Sane to Bayern
    for €45m plus add-ons

-Werner to Chelski, not even a transfer, it's a release clause.....
    who activated his £47.5 million release clause

-Ozil to Arsenal, (no joke, Ozil to Real was only worth $15M, LMAO)
    £42.5 million (€50 million)

LMAO, an exit clause for Werner is the biggest German transfer of all time. And we also have Sane X2.

it makes you really wonder why Germans are overall cheapass players? Also makes you wonder if Germans are even worth producing when foreign players are worth more? when it comes to selling them.

it's sad to say but there are more profits in foreign players....

Joelinton spends ONE season in 1BL/Hoffenheim and gets sold $40M like LOL. He wasn't even that great at Hoff and he's been rubbish for Newcastle.

2 goals and 2 assists in 35 games playing 2616 min. YIKES.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm feeling very disheartened about next season due to several factors. The ever widening gap between Bayern and the rest of the league, BVB's management being all talk and no bite, and most infuriating of all, the vote of confidence given to that idiot Favre for yet another season.

Blueberry_night, Barlach and Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I did tell you your min objective was likely qualify for CL and that's good enough to keep Favre.

at this point, I don't see Dortmund as a club interested in winning trophies. They are a training club who will sell majority of players after X years for profits and that's it. Sancho either leaves this Summer or 2021, then good luck replacing him. So it's him leaving after 3-4 years, although year 1 was more acclimatization for him.

to win trophies you need to keep group of players for long period.

5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Havertz is gonna smash those records soon though.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Late last season I said elsewhere that we were the laughing stock of European football due to the way we choked the title away and some accused me of being a glory hunter.

I mean, what's wrong with wanting to see your club win silverware? Were these fans telling me it's OK to settle for mediocrity?

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's likely but ONLY because Voller saw how much Atletico Madrid payed for Joao Felix. That's when Bayer went we only want $100+M for Havertz.

otherwise I guarantee that Havertz would have been sold like $50-60M range.

fact is our players don't generate too much income......

Alex C repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean what's the point if your club doesn't win trophies. Are those fans happy to watch year after year fighting for 2nd place?

chocking vs PSG in CL. Nothing's been + about Dortmund for awhile now.

and I want Dortmund to be a legit competitor to Bayern and in Europe but so far they've shown nothing of the sort.

BVBFNM repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoffenheim playing Joelinton a lot was only to jack up his price in order to sell him. They legit saw him as Firmino 2.0. (which I posted last season) and now seems like they think a 3rd Brazilian will follow suit in Klauss who was on loan in Austrian Bundesliga.

seriously dev players just to make fortune selling them. More reason why Globolization of the game is ruining it. It's not even about pride in presenting a club anymore.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    after 01 Norwegian CF Holm doesn't make it at Leipzig now another one.

Danish player 01-Bidstrup, just look at the Bild headline,
    LOST OVER 3 MILLION EURO!
    Leipzig sold away
    Rangnick's flop talents

RB Sport Director Markus Krösche: “At Mads, the signs are more about change. We will decide in the interest of the player. "

Bidstrup came from FC Copenhagen two years ago under sports director Ralf Rangnick with a lot of noise and for a transfer fee of 2 (!) Million euros. According to BILD information, the Dane is said to have bagged around 15,000 euros per month.
    The English promotion candidate FC Brentford has brought the first summer transfer under wraps despite the unclear sporting future. According to “Bild” information, Talent Mads Bistrup (19) will change from RasenBallsport Leipzig to the current third in the championship. The Dane is a compatriot of coach Thomas Frank. RB had brought him from Copenhagen for 2 million euros.
    https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport...nte-71871622,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

$3M for a player with 0 pro experience to 40 games for Leipzig youth.

Seems headed for Championship Brentford who are EPL Promotion candidates. Why would Championship club be interested.....it's because there is a Danish coach at the helm of the club.

more Amazing transfers from German clubs, lol. Given the whole flop headline and waste of money, it doesn't seem like a loan.....

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Bidstrup was someone listed in Guardian 2018, best 60 youngsters in world when it came to 01 age group....So yeah overrated/overhyped player, not some rando young one.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and this guys flopped hard at Wolfsburg, lol.

not writing him off he did do well in Ligue 1 but he bombed in Germany. Will be interesting to see how Hwang does at Leipzig since he bombed last season at 2BL HSV.

as for Osimhen after he does well for 2 years in Ligue 1, he gets sold for $80+M......Yeah German players are cheap, Ligue 1 is below 1BL and yet just a couple of season and he's sold for a huge fortune.

13. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can someone explain to me how Timo Werner, with a comparable record at the same age, playing in a more (if only slightly more) competitive league goes for only half as much? Either Leipzig or Napoli got robbed.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    naw, Werner's record is better even when they were same age in a better league and even European play where he's done well in CL+EL.

And just reality German players aren't worth anything, Chelsea activated the exit clause but pre-that every club only wanted to pay $50-60M for him. So even then Osimhen would have been more expensive.

it really does make you wonder if that's why these German clubs are obsessed with foreign players. 1-2 season and they get sold for a ton more than German ones......

and Werner was involved in almost 150 goals in like 4 seasons too......

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for Werner I also recall some top clubs in Europe wanted to get him for like $30-40M, like LOL.

it really shows how little our players seem worth to the outside.

impression I get is German players seem worth less because it's MINUS the inflated prices. Most players sold at $40+M are not worth that just clubs inflating the prices.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hearing how Hasan the troll got Kouassi reiterates at how German clubs don't care about their own players.

he's like when we found out that he had an expiring contract and was leaving we couldn't allow such a highly rated player play anywhere else so we went after him.

basically majority of clubs seem to legit ignore their own youth players when they see opportunity to pounce elsewhere.

Always always makes me laugh at how people talk about.....then Germany should produce better talents mentality..........doesn't majority think for example that 03-Mbi is top talent with potential world class? Yet Kouassi is a strike against Mbi too.

seems like even when there are top talents it makes little difference to a lot of clubs.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    02 Spaniard Pedri moves from La Liga 2 to La Liga aka Barcelona.......2 seconds later, Gladbach and even Bayern are interested in him, like LOL.

these German clubs seem to want to play feeder club. How are 2 CL teams in Germany so preoccupied with taking in players on loan? Instead of dev their own players.

and it reiterates what I keep saying, France and Spain mass produce players because their players are playing pro earlier. That's not really case in Germany, U17 to last possible second, U19 to last possible second. Some years in RL aka 4th division while those 2 have tons of players in 2nd-3rd division very early. There is too much fricking obsessions with playing in youth levels and with your own age group in Germany. Lack of loaning, no huge movements to allow easier time to move upwards. A more - 2nd division doesn't help either.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Called it in youth thread, a LOT of this Frenchie poaching is illegal and going after them when 15 and under. And them reducing age to 16 is NOT about Germans.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how about rules protecting domestic players?

this whole thing is dumb shit anyways. If you have EU passport you can play anywhere at 16.....that's too young. Should be like 18 min.

wonder what Europe would look like if your only allowed to leave your country for football at min 20?

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so with Brexit, will UK be out of EU of the whole 16 years old? As 16 is for EU members only. Outsiders have to be 18 years old. Which makes you wonder why not just make the whole thing 18 min.

but I think the real German problem is the French, next door, cheap, mass produces players and players that play pro really early too.

tiny Freiburg has 2 Frenchies in U17, 1 Frenchie in U19 and a new Frenchie who will train with 1st team in Summer camp but start in II, wtf. 4 young Frenchies in small Freiburg......thats way too much. Bayern is full of Frenchies everywhere and they are always linked with more. Gladbach seems obsessed with French market etc. Yeah we got a massive French problem and I noticed the French trend like back in 2018 how we went from like 1 handful to like double digits very quickly.

on another note, Bayen really wanted to sabotage the Bellingham deal. So once again what's the point of the Bayern Academy if they always want to bring in new players who will sign long term and block their own players??????

also think 1BL is so ********ing obsessed with young players that it's all they care about. Way too many transfers are for young players instead of dev themselves. And willingness to play feeder club for other leagues in Europe. I mean do you see 1BL clubs loaning out young players to top 4 leagues??? Sure some older players get loaned but they have experienced.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @Alex C

Alex C repped this.
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope they can make this happen.

Gotta feel for Union though, only 4K fans lol.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’m high risk. It could be years before I go to a match

Alex C, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    stay safe my friend.:thumbsup:

hopefully you get to enjoy a live match in due time.

Boandlkramer repped this.