Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. How was the youth integration under Stevens?

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    believe it might have been slightly better under Stevens in 2019, but he didn't last long. Seems far more likely to have been more chances had he stayed on.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB Cup Final
    Bayern Munich vs Bayer Neverkusen

this is Neverkusen's best shot to win a legit trophy.......

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Hwang did well this season in lower Austrian Bundesliga but he was a huge gigantic bust last season in 2BL for HSV.

-LOL, can't get rid of this guy? Ex Dortmund CB Diallo might return to 1BL. This guy is overrated and sucks, And he can't seem to find a regular club, if he joins a new club it would be his 6 consecutive club in 6 different seasons, LMAO.
    https://www.fussballeck.com/bundesliga/psg-hofft-auf-abga

he's an idiot and user too, stays 1 season at Mainz where he was decent. Than dumps them to go Dortmund, flops at Dortmund goes to another big club in PSG and now it's not working in PSG, lol. Should have tried like 2-3 years in smaller club. But a lot of these Frenchies are user mentality.

-in no surprise seems to be more and more indication that Sancho is leaving. I think between Summer 2020-Summer 2021 he's gone.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wonder how much this will affect transfers/loans.

6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Um, actually Leverkusen have already won a DFB-Pokal, and as unbelievable as it may seem, they managed to win a UEFA Cup.

I admit that I found that last fact surprising, given their spineless performances in European tournaments.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Dortmund is buying Bellingham from England, lol. Can we expect him to play 2-3 years tops and then leave. He's not really interested in playing in Germany, just that CL and more chances will be given at Dortmund than EPL. Once he establishes himself (IF) he'll go play where he really wants to play which is EPL.

seems like this will be a neverending trend with Dortmund, get NO players in their prime and they will all leave when very very young.

BVBFNM repped this.
  8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    *sigh* If only my beloved club had management as ambitious as the one from the mid-1990s.

Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not seeing much ambition from any 1BL club tbh. Leipzig and Dortmund don't really seem to be doing enough to be legit title contenders. And it's not really a money issue either.

so what's Dortmund's plan if Sancho and Haaland both bail in Summer? What CF out there could replace him? What Winger could replace Sancho? And be as effective as both players, yikes.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's sad fact but 1BL is nothing but a stepping stone (especially for foreign players). I think most of Germany's neighbors do dream of playing 1BL but the rest it's all bogus they want to play EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc.

its why outside of Bayern no one seems interested in staying long. And it's pathetic that 1BL clubs seem more than willing to play stepping stone too.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't care about Leipzig, but I do wish that Dortmund was in same class at Bayern.

Bayern is seen as one of the biggest clubs in the world. Dortmund just seems like one of the biggest clubs in Germany.

Dortmund and Leipzig should try to focus less on being training clubs and more trying to legit be CL contenders.

12. Dortmund could start by copying Ajax MO. Ajax did scout fitting experienced players (Blind, Tadic) who are class enough but not going to be hot on the heals by the top clubs and combine these with local excellent talents to make challenging runs in the CL.

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think that could happen but only in a 2-3 years time, not really now. Their local talents seem few years away from this.

Now they likely have to plan replacements for Sancho/Haaland.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do think it's funny that Dortmund who seems to love foreign youth kids, didn't do shit with Isak, lol. Was never given a real chance and they then quickly gave up on him and moved on, lol.

Isak excelled in Eredivisie and performing in La Liga/Copa del Rey and drawing interest from some bigger clubs.

according to TM,
    Borussia Dortmund has a buy back option of 30 million euros.

that's cheap change the moment you sell Sancho or Haaland.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    could someone explain to me why so many Bayern fans (mostly non-Germans) seem to have a man crush on Cuisance.

guy has been average at best in every game for Bayern. Couldn't even breakthrough Gladbach 1st team so he bailed and got trashed by numerous people at Gladbach too for his attitude.

Pavard also another overrated player. While Hernandez is the most expensive average 1BL player ever. Will wait until next season for him but he's been dreadful for Bayern every time he played.

16. i have no clue who Cuisance is.

17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern's striking depth behind Lewandowski isn't great. Zirkzee is promising but still pretty raw and then Wreidt comes on who is not really BL level, let alone Bayern level. Shame Arp is injured.

If Hernandez is worth €80m then Davies is worth at least €160m lol.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a bum Frenchie who's overrated better keep yourself out of the loop, lol.

Zirkzee is extremely lucky and efficient almost all of his goals have come off as his 1st shot on target.

but his goal today was a parody, assist by Sommer, LOL. As for Arp he's back next week, think once Bayern has irrelevant games he'll get chances.

yeah Hernandez isn't worth even $80M Bayern got played like how they got played paying $35M for Sanches.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4119 Ger90, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020

I'm curious to know why everyone seems to go to Germany as default? Why doesn't this kid breakthrough in Ligue 1 for realz before leaving? PSG isn't the only club in France. I'm sure plenty of Frenchie clubs would be interested.

reminds me of that Dortmund Spaniard, 00-Gomez, Dortmund are like one of the best 00s in the world, yeah right, lol. Has no real chances so goes on loan to La Liga 2 in Spain......why come to Germany if you can breakthrough to Spain?

Another Spaniard, 97-Pablo Maffeo gets bought by Stuttgart from Citeh bombs at Stuttgart gets loaned to Spain....why come to Germany if you can play in Spain? Maffeo is one of the numerous young players that Stuttgart payed millions for and they haven't panned out as much as they wanted.

Just hope this doesn't block young players like 03-Mbi or 04-Collins if he goes to Bayern or Dortmund. Would guess that Dortmund is preferred due to more likely to be in 1st team. But these teams bitch about top talents and even when they have them they are still lured by foreign young players. That's what I notice about majority of 1BL clubs they never seem happy with what they got.

if he goes to Dortmund good luck since Diallo was a flop and Zagadou isn't doing too well either. And more and more Dortmund picking up teenagers instead of adult players.....will their Summer transfer consist of Bellingham and Kouassi???

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like Tolisso is headed through the door and Martinez also seems like he could leave.

seriously outside of Thiago can't think of any 1BL relevant Spaniard. Just way way too many of them are flops and can't seem to cope in the league.

if Martinez leaves, Bayern will go from a high of 4 Spaniards at one time to only 1 left. Even Thiago is always linked to leaving,

yikes at 95-Odriozola was complete and utter garbage in all 3 games for the 1st team. No one would think he's played almost 30 games for the Real Madrid 1st team and has like 87 pro games, LOL. And he's also a Spanish NT player too. He looks like an amateur out there.Like as bad as Mustafi was for dfb, lol. Bayern might have used those games and give it to some newb kids instead don't think it would have changed anything.

Even Cuisance the way Flick talks about him you would think this season is his 1st pro season. Nevermind that he had like 40 games for Gladbach 1st team, lol.

21. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mario Gomez duh

Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Xabi Alonso was pretty good.

Paco Alcacer had 1 good season, shame he was injured so much.

Overall though very little Spanish impact in the BL.

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alonso was good but still seemed past his prime. Paco is more of a poacher, did well but was always used as sub option. Believe he had more success for Dortmund as sub than XI. He only was XI for 17 games out of 42 in 1BL......

The only Spaniard I liked was Raul at Schalke.:thumbsup:

I think issue with Spaniards is that they are more technical and seem somewhat out of place in 1BL which is a bit more physical. It's also why I feel like some German players might be more suited to La Liga than 1BL....

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, from Leipzig to Arsenal that's a downgrade.

will be curious about him and Werner replacements.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol 00 Spanish Miranda scored an OG to make it 1-1. And he's on 2 year loan from Barca. Recall when he and Barca were bitching about his lack of playing time. Like they wanted to force it.

he's seriously overrated anyways.