Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm but the fact remains she's defiantly changed this negative element of her game. This seasons Stanway 7th place in the league for inflicting fouls.

So yes... still being the only player from the top 4 clubs inside the top ten of producing the most fouls isn't great. But compared to how she used to play so recklessly in England, I feel like the Bundesliga has forced Stanway to gradually mature her approach to defending.

This seen in the fact her stats in interceptions still shockingly low. It means Stanway still lacking the ability to defend space, but making less reckless tackles in her double 6 role within Bayern's mid-field.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She can keep reminding you of various Jim Carey comedy skits... but Billa still scores a lot of goals in a league you don't see many forwards pass or even touch the 18-20 goals mark.

Like Islacker, I don't believe Billa a legit world class/elite goal scorer. But if your a club like Hoffenhiem, having someone like her able to regularly find 10+ goals a season is incredibly valuable, no?

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Leonie Maier has really fallen from grace as neither Arsenal nor Everton wanted her anymore... :unsure:

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I said Straus didn't understand how good Lohmann is as a #8, but if she's not injured today, and is simply on the bench for tactical reasoning... :thumbsdown:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which has you question why a UWCL hopeful Hoffenheim would take her, after losing one of the leagues best LB's to Bayern...:unsure:

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Perhaps because she's still a decent RB I guess, despite her being a shadow of her former self... :(

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hoffenheim have Linder and a very promising junior international competing at RB. A replacement LB is the only reason I could imagine Maier coming into Hoffenheim's plans..?

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nobody ever talks about the amount of times Stanway loses the ball in scenarios that allow opponents to counter attack...:confused:

Plus I can't believe Kett is starting this match if Lohmann isn't injured...:cautious:

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern's double 6 isn't great, but Bayern's winger-less system really doesn't help things either; as their ability to generate transitions isn't really effective in the UWCL, and was only evident when they had Lohmann running with the ball to progress the ball into the oppositions half of the field.

It feels like it's all about Schüller or nobody right now....:unsure:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kim Liitle goes out, not even a yellow given to Zadrazil. Williamson moved to mid, where I think she’s way better at then CB. So watch out!

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... I'm watching Bühl playing as a CM...:confused: Why would you do this to one of the best wide forwards in women's football..?

Straus has TWO wide forwards on the field, neither of them taking positions in wide areas where they can be effective, within a competition teams with width typically dominate...o_O

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Norwegian coaching SUCKS!

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Tuva Hansen is terrible, not anywhere near Bayern material. She’d barely look good in Toppserien. The only reason she’s here is because of the coach lol

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    yeah… this Bayern team is frustrating to watch, but shouldn’t be a surprise given that Straus is coaching this team lol

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whatever Straus thinks he's doing, needs to stop NOW! He doesn't have Simon, but expects Hansen to replicate what she typically does...:confused:

I don't like the way Bayern play, but wow... 30 mins into this, it has been horribly flawed at times.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why the hell are Bühl an Kett playing in CM roles...? Look at this overcomplicated mess lol.

It's a 4-5-1, with Straus AGAIN finding his garbage tactics exposed without a standout individual performance.

He needs to change this before his team get destroyed. Disaster-class coaching.

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2-0 Arsenal in 20 minutes

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    WOW... neither FB in this team come close to the normal 1st choice options. But damn... Straus is allowing them to be relentlessly exposed in this HORRIBLE system.

Seeing Bühl and Kett remain centrally so much is sooooo dumb. Arsenal are walking through this trash, just like Benfica would during the group stage.

Put Bühl and Kett high and WIDE, put Magull closer to the trash double 6, and tell the CM to get the ball to the wide players as much as possible!

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kumagai terrible defense finally exposed in this one

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Zadrazil has been tasked with protecting the backline more but she doesn’t even track back and mark the Arsenal players lol.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Allowing Arsenal's mediocre FB's to not face any challenge is so stupid. Bühl would destroy Maritz but this dumb system has her failing to do Stanway and Zadrazil's job...:confused: