Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    after joining Lyon in late 2016(and remember, this after the strong performances at the Olympics & Frankfurt) her performance starting faltering. As with my previous post; this was mainly due to the complacency that occurs when your on an team of superstars & have no real competition for the rest of the year(even WOB lost 4 straight games against them).
    Perhaps now if Lyon struggling, she’ll have to step up to the plate & go back and show what she got.
    But after watching Germany struggle vs Sweden even though started 9 out her 11 preferred players while having a full week tio prepare for the match, makes me feel the only hope is from the lyrics of former Addidas megastar influencer….

harder, stronger, faster, better

and at least a glimmer of hope remains with not just Brand’s goal yesterday(as you’ll be surprised on just how one play influences MVT) but as well as the Cerci & Wieder at least rostered on their respective benches today…and who knows maybe Lohmann can finally step up for Dallman-nator less Bayern?

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Duisburg - Potsdam 3:0(2:0)
    Freutel(13,29,48)

Köln - Leverkusen 0:0

Meppen - Essen 1:1(1:0)
    Margraf(27) - Sterner(50)

Bremen - Bayern 0:2(0:1)
    Schüller(41), Rall(78)

2.Bundesliga
    Potsdam II - Sand 0:2
    Nürnberg - Leipzig 1:2
    Ingolstadt - Wolfsburg II 0:1
    Andernach - Bayern II 0:0
    Gütersloh - Freiburg II 2:1
    Jena - Frankfurt II 2:1
    Köln II - Hoffenheim II 3:1

25.3 Bayern - Wolfsburg (Bundesliga)
    15./16.4 Bayern - Wolfsburg (DFB-Pokal)
    22./23.4 Wolfsburg - Bayern (Champions League)?
    29./30.4 Bayern - Wolfsburg (Champions League)?

blissett and Bauser repped this.
  4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Hansen is back now, she scored a hat-trick against Villareal today in her first game back since her injury last year.

As for the rest, I mostly agree with you but I don't consider Duisburg or Potsdam to be amateur sides or to be that bad. If they were, Bayern AND Wolfsburg would be beating them and everyone else in the league by 5-0 scorelines every matchday. The Frauen Bundesliga is a lot more balanced than some other women leagues in Europe where it's not rare to see one team totally dominate the rest of the league and win almost every game 5-0 or more.

blissett repped this.
  5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's two full game replays from this weekend;
    Frankfurt winning surprisingly easy score line vs Freiburg*though maintain Freiburg is not an full pro team)

and HOF"s stunning upset over the 20+ pro team ,WOB, deserves another view

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full replay of Bayern vs Bremen.. Looks like Bayern currently having an serious problem; Simon gets pulled out at the 7th minute. Magull & Tainara haven't returned. Lohmann comes in rather late(70 the minute) to go along with Dallmann Dam(that)jovic & Gwinn out for the rest of the season

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    True... though she is still good option to have on the bench.... 24 years old - entering her peak years, she is already reasonably fast and can play on both wings.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... I see Bayern and Wolfsburg's general play within this seasons UWCL appearing rather poor... but the one factor that continues to define this competition, seems to be how various teams will efficiently generate turnovers of possession, allowing moments for them to use quick transitional play to create chances/score goals.

And it's knowing this key factor of the UWCL, why I can't pick who'll be the favorites of the two German clubs to go through to the next round; as I believe all 4 teams in these two games hold legitimate tactical flaws, that could allow their opponents to score unexpected but crucial goals...:cautious:

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't want to hear excuses about this anymore... Bayern had to start injured players, unable to even field a full bench in last seasons quarterfinal exit, with nobody saying a damn thing when Wolfsburg reached the semi finals with a squad missing important/key players too.

Last seasons Wolfsburg beating who ever was put in front of them, to only fall in the end by taking a 5-1 defeat, and still managing to turn that into a second leg 2-0 win Vs a strong Barca side. Seriously, where was this kind of empathic type of energy for the two German clubs last season...:confused:

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again... Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, Lyon, PSG, and more... all have the same or even superior amounts of squad depth compared to Wolfsburg... so why do you continue to repeat such poor misdirection's, as if Wolfsburg hold some kind of unfair advantage, or made themselves a abnormality within the women's game..?

I mean your new "future GOAT" only has 4 goals, 3 assists in the league, 1 goal, 2 assists in the UWCL...:rolleyes: Nashenweng as a LB for Hoffenheim producing a better level of offensive productivity lol...:whistling:

It just highlights your irrational need to be negative on the smart recruitment policy of Wolfsburg, as it unfortunately blinds you from truly acknowledging a more interesting reality, that see's this club constantly developing a lot of the games most talented but unheralded names within European women's football.

14. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    After the game, I was standing next to a fan who saw Tainara and asked her when she was coming back. She said she didn't know. As for Magull, i don't know what she has.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... you remain truly steadfast in the need to be relentlessly condescending about this league lol...:speechless:

Hmmmm... instead of diminishing the quality of the clubs...
    [​IMG]

Why don't you try finally looking at the damn wnt coach... :whistling:

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    23yo Anyomi is a senior international forward playing for 3rd place Frankfurt... in 12 games, has 3 goals, and 1 assist. Hmmm... but no, no, no, highlighting this is supposedly being mean now, even though everyone knows elite wnt's with genuine depth in forward roles, would never tolerate this from a senior player who's also really poor with general off the ball work effort too...:confused:

Seriously... if you can't grasp this, it makes a little more sense why you won't grasp the basic concepts validating young talents like Oberdorf, Lohmann, as nothing but genuinely elite senior level players...:whistling:.

Lol, and if anyone here has a terrible jinx factor for players, it's 100% seeing you crown young players you've decided to hype after witnessing a 3 sec highlight package on YT...:rolleyes: I've honestly never seen someone produce so many horrible takes on players, beyond reading your posts during junior WWC's...:giggle:

As I predicted, she's not effective Vs stronger opposition, and did absolutely nothing Vs Frankfurt; but the moment Kayikci comes back into their team, I fully expect Minge to score 2 or 3 Vs Essen next week lol.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OR... this could be a direct result of Marozsan seeing her position on the field adjusted from advanced CAM, to being a deep lying CM. In this scenario your typically not going to see possession based CM players continue scoring and assisting at the same rate they would prior.

And I know your not watching her play for Lyon back then either, making a lot of this argument your presenting to be highly redundant, no...? Calling her complacent, while she's still part of a UWCL winning team, wow...:confused:

[​IMG]
    This isn't how football works lol... Dude, TACTICS! Why would a methodical CM playing for Lyon, now presented with a different task of providing progressive passing, alongside defensive responsibilities, be expected to score and create like a CAM/FW..? Do you not understand positioning, or how this will relate to coaches tactics, wow...:speechless:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You'll present all this nonsense, when you could just accept the deficiencies of the coach lol...:confused: Is it really that hard for you to admit MVT just a mediocre wnt coach, leading a group of talented players..?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK.. 20yo Lohmann scores 15 goals, with 6 assists, playing as a CAM for a league winning Bayern side, that would also reach the UWCL semi finals.

Injury then prevents her from featuring regularly the following season, and yet she'd return for a WUCL quarterfinal, where she'd dominate the match with her mid-field presence, for a suspension and injury hit Bayern team in the end very unlucky to exit the competition.

And now this season, playing for a new coach who's completely removed the previous identity of the team, Lohmann STILL found a way to contribute on the big stage, playing a major role in helping Bayern through the qualifying round, before producing one of the best exhibitions of press resistance I've seen from a female player, during a huge 3-1 Vs the heavily favored Barcelona.

So please.... PLEASE... instead of ignoring this, or changing the topic, show me how this isn't evidence of Lohmann "stepping up" for her team. And please, show me where the Dallmann-nator has done ANYTHING close to matching this level of effectiveness on the elite stage...:coffee:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    DON'T DO IT....:cautious: Harder left Wolfsburg two years too early, joining the wrong club for various reasons beyond football, and is now looking for a new club age 30, probably expecting the same huge salary too lol.

If Bayern are serious here, they probably ignore the urge for a high profile short term option, and instead try to recruit smarter for their budgetary constraints; where I'd imagine a younger elite forward, AM, and another legit FB, far more vital to their clubs further improvement.

With Real Madrid already having Harder 2.0 in Weir, and Lyon probably seeing at least two players leave if this Harder scenario to work within their team too. If Bayern are smart here, they let Harder disrupt the rival talents, and then wait to see all the fallout when agents start making calls...:sneaky:

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1421 hotjam2, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    You know how irrelevant this all is? Marozsan’s total minutes for Lyon last season came to
    French League. ……..144 minutes
    French Cup…………..156 minutes
    Champions League…..14 minutes

nope, that wasn’t an typo, an whopping 14 minutes on that winning CL winning team! She’s getting a lot more time now cuz if the horrific injuries that’s happened over the last year(half dozen ACL’s alone)
    and how many times do I need to tell you….MVT is an demented genius meaning that she readily forgets what worked well the previous time. So hence, you can invalidate whatever worked at Euros.
    after the results from the break right now my top 5 picks to win the WC;
    (in order)
    1. England
    2. Australia
    3. USA
    4. Spain
    5. Sweden

not sure if my projections are correct but if all the favorites win their groups, then Germany faces England in the quarters & whoever wins faces hometown Australia and that’s if the get passed France in the round of 16. My 3-5 picks face each other at the other quarter & semis.
    Of course a lot could happen in the next 5 months(horrific injuries/Covid could come into play again), but just amazing that England started 4 new players upfront(at this Arnold Cup) that looked way better then their starting lineup at the Euros. Australia has made a complete turn around beating Spain as well Sweden 4-0 a few months back/and then you never know what Spain’s lineup will look like either. Sweden clearly was the better team in the friendly….even mocking Germany to break through that ridiculous high-backline of theirs, knowing the frontline of Popp, Huth, Buhl was too slow to break through. Here is where MVT needed change; start Brand(over Huth), debut Kuver(over Rauch), heck, even Lohmann(instead of Magull) if she can race upfield with more confidence(like vs Barca)—-MVT clearly needs to upgrade, if their’s a chance to win the WC(everybody else has)

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the Bundesliga is still with 3rd best league in Europe(behind England & Spain). But saying that, it still lacks being a full professional league or at least paying good enough salaries at the 9 bottom teams. Salaries aren’t generally disclosed but enough info on players suggest this; HOF’s Hagel just tweeted that she’ll miss her student aide job when she moves to Wolfsburg/current Bundi leading scorer Minge is an police officer/Senss, arguably the best playmaker in the league, is also an nurse/and then who can’t forget a few years back when the HOF coach wasn’t allowed to leave his day job as an mid school teacher to be there vs Bayern(an game that determined 2nd place) to go along with other previous stories like Hegering working 12 hour shifts as an construction worker during her time with Essen.

Bundi clubs excels in bringing up/training its youth players, but needs to step up in paying better salaries in woso, otherwise a lot of those talented will quit prematurely before they get even hit their prime

23. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Well yes there are still challenges and Germany could do a lot better when it comes to salaries in women's football, nobody is arguing against that.

24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Read the thread title!:mad:

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... last season...:cautious: Your entire premise was just centered around Marozsan not being a good player for the wnt, going all the way back to 2015 to shape your BS narrative lol.

But now, your trying to use one season LAST SEASON with Lyon, as the new foundation for an argument you didn't even try to address once I brought out recites lol; instead you finding another way to try and shift the subject towards a new angle that might work better in favor of defending Dallmann...:rolleyes:

Dude... again, you went back to 2015 lol. I debunked your attempted slander, and now your trying to ignore Marozsan's club and wnt resume of accomplishments, to help justify your latest bad take for a player who's done far MORE than leaders like Huth, Popp, Hegering, Hendrich, to try and earn a role on the WC team.