Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HT: 1-0 to Bayern, in a match they've had more shots on goal, but seen Frankfurt have far more control over the speed/flow of general play.

Frankfurt's attack still remains an issue facing the games tougher teams too, as Bayern's new mid-field trio continues to showcase far too many tactical flaws.

Frankfurt not being able to defend corners correctly saw Bayern find their best looks at goal, and now provide a platform for eventual victory, using counters to exploit their opponents increasing desire to throw more players into the attack.

So it will be interesting to see how both teams use their subs, knowing Frankfurt having better options to go more direct, versus Bayern who probably reduce their effectiveness removing key players from their starting 11.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothings changed... Frankfurt doing well, but their attack lacks real penetration. Bayern looking mediocre, but always posses a genuine threat on counters.

Frankfurt's coach should really consider moving Nüsken into a CM/DM role, and absolutely ASAP remove Anyomi from this match, to instead have the far more effective Reuteler closer to goal, or potentially bring on an even more direct forward like Martinez.

But damn... they keep finding a way to win, but Bayern sure aren't what they used to be...:(

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    SUBS: Doorsoun replaces the constantly lackluster Pawollek.... but their coach appears to have Doorsoun playing in a DM role instead of Nüsken....:ROFLMAO:

SUBS: Bayern replaces Magull who's completely wasted out wide in this horrible system, and brings Linda Dallmann into the match to try and provide some form of life out wide.

EDIT: For some reason, Frankfurt waited a few mins, but later moves Doorsoun into the CB role, and Nüsken moves into the mid-field

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    SUBS: FINALLY Anyomi aka Mrs No end product, departs the field for Frankfurt, replaced by Martinez. And Dunst surprising exits for Wamser, making Frankfurt's very different for he final 15 mins.

SUBS: Lohmann brought off again lol, with Rall entering into role I'm not quite sure about...:unsure:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    2-0 Bayern... scored on a counter attack...:rolleyes:

Rall playing wide left now, provides a through pass for Schüller, and she's able to run directly towards goal for a 1v1 against the GK, and scores with a well placed side foot into the other corner.

Pretty much game over....:cautious: EDIT: NO.... 2-1 now lol, thanks to a close range Prašnikar finish.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    SUBS: Schüller off, Kumagai on.

With no Lohmann to carry the ball now, Bayern's mid-field has vanished, seeing Frankfurt looking even more aggressive in the games closing stages. Meaning Kumagai has been brought on to try and halt the flow before Frankfurt find any path to goal.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... Martinez with a nice spin in the box, wastes an opportunity to equalize in extra time...:eek:

And following that, Simon hits a long range missile of a FK that crashes onto the post before the ref whistles for FT.

End result 2-1 win for Bayern

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Once again Frankfurt's coach falls short when it really matters, with Bayern's coach able to thank the individual talent aggregated by previous coaches to save his side from dropping vital points.

So looking at Frankfut, today confirmed to me Anyomi is 100% not a real senior wnt candidate, as she continues to provide absolutely nothing to any teams offense, and showcases even worse work ethic out of possession too.

Reuteler also being used in a CM role would see Frankfurt lose one of the leagues most effective offensive players from contributing to his teams most important game of the season..:confused:; with Arnautis decision to continue starting Pawollek in a DM role ahead of Nüsken, honestly baffling when you consider the obvious weakness of Bayern's mid-field...:thumbsdown:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If this wasn't a Bundesliga match, I'd say Bayern produced another one of their typical 2022/23 UWCL performances today. Poor in possession, with a very limited ability to transition effectively as a unit. Once again their coach would see his team win while using a brand off football significantly removed from the style he talks about wanting to play...:confused:

Defensively they did enough to stop Frankfurt from truly creating many clear looks at goal, but damn... I can not believe anyone praise their mid-field this season, as they would be on the back foot again Vs another opponent deploying a more organized approach to applying pressure effectively.

Bayern Vs Hoffenheim could still be a very interesting game... but given Frankfurt's limitations, overall I think it's safe to say Bayern have almost confirmed their 2nd place finish this season, no..?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh... and seeing Küver shut down Bühl, and then also Lohmann for most of the match today, it appears the future star of the wnt's defense might be very close to finding her pre injury form...:cautious:

And knowing how good this pre injury version of Küver looked, I'm thinking it was probably an error to have not selected her ahead of a host of players (cough, cough, Krumbiegel) currently part of the next wnt squad to face Sweden...:whistling:

11. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern - Frankfurt 2:1(1:0)
    Viggosdottir(25), Schüller(79) - Prasnikar(82)

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  12. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    For those of you who watched the game, how would you assess Hansen's debut?

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    haven't watch it yet, but the full game repaly just een posted on youtube

BIHfan repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1314 hotjam2, Feb 12, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    after watching the game; Hansen’s start was more of an tactical move, as Bayern this time was looking for an more defensive fullback instead an offensive one(like the usual starting Rall). Nut sure how well she performed—-Frankfurt got quite a few crosses through from the side she was defending—-but at the end Bayern still won

BIHfan repped this.
  15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    I watched the game this morning. She performed fairly well. Set up an early chance for Schüller with a long ball, but didn't venture forward very much in this game like she has a habbit of doing. Instructions from the coach to stay back more might be the reason for that. It was a game of many misplaced passes from both teams, so not the easiest game to be a full-back either.

BIHfan repped this.
  16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Essen - Wolfsburg 0:3(0:0)
    Popp(68), Jonsdottir(74), Hegering(87)

Freiburg - Meppen 3:1(1:1)
    Minge(1), Karl(69), Steuerwald(79) - Punsar(11)

Hoffenheim - Köln 4:0(1:0)
    Billa(27), Kössler(64,76), Krumbiegel(90+1(scored from her own half!o_O))

Leverkusen - Duisburg 2:0(0:0)
    Arfaoui(53p,69)

2.Bundesliga
    Frankfurt II - Gütersloh 1:1
    Sand - Freiburg II 2:1
    Leipzig - Potsdam II 5:0
    Wolfsburg II - Jena 1:0
    Hoffenheim II - Nürnberg 4:0
    Bayern II - Ingolstadt 2:0
    Köln II - Andernach 1:1

Lechus7, blissett and Bauser repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I saw Krumbiegel's goal earlier, and wow...
    [​IMG]
    But I'd also genuinely laugh out loud knowing this a player who's still not deemed good enough to be a regular starter for the club....:confused:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And it needs to be said, the moment Specht returns to lead Hoffenhiem's defense, we see them produce their first run of consecutive games without conceding goals in close to a year...:speechless:

So if Specht good enough to help make this improvement happen, I'd like to see what we could see improvement wise, if Hoffenheim tried to attract some of the nations most impressive young defenders (like Veit) to develop within their team next season...:cautious:

Hoffenheim's attack right now able to score more goals than Bayern, and Frankfurt. I'm still convinced they'd be Germany's 3rd team able to qualify for the UWCL group stage, and be a genuine threat for 2nd place over Bayern if the club just try to invest in the future of their defense.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Bayern sign one of Germany's big CAM prospects, with 16yo Alara Sehitler signing a two year contract with the club.

I imagine most of her time in the next 2 years will be within Bayern's 2nd team. But I still find this a very strange signing, knowing Bayern's current coach pretty apposed to utilizing any of the quality CAM options he has within his team right now...:unsure:

Soooo... 2 years from now, I wouldn't be shocked to see Sehitler eventually leave Bayern when her contract ends, to find better first team opportunities within a Hoffenhiem, Frankfurt, or Freiburg (closet club to her home)

20. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I saw her at the U-17 European Championship, she was quite good. I'm a bit confused by her name though, her first name is kinda german but her family name is Turkish.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not the first wnt player with Turkish parents lol... Sehitler's name actually spelled with a Turkish cedilla Ş, making it far more obvious what her families ethnic background is.

I think one of the unique factors of Sehitler's move to Bayern though, is also knowing she plays for the same boys team as younger Gwinn used to, and just like Oberdorf will be making a move from a strong boys team to be part of her first all girls professional club team.

BIHfan repped this.
  22. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Turbine Potsdam-Werder Bremen has been rescheduled to March 1. In other words, Turbine will play Bayern first then Werder in a 5 day span.

23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Potsdam - Bayern 0:3(0:2)
    Stanway(10), Magull(35), Dallmann(90)

24. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I was at the stadium, Bayern totally dominated the game, Potsdam couldn't string three passes together for most of the game.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the full game replay of Bayern vs Potsdam & another featuring Bundi 2 action between league leader Leipzig & Jena(no commentary though)

BIHfan repped this.