Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with Nusken,m being an strong mid, most likely decided to become an CB in order to make the WC roster as the NT was already saturated with too many mids(especially with now both Marozsan & Leupolz battling for an spot too).
    MVT seems to always prefer an attacking CB, onr that’s able to make these long runs right up the middle. Dunno why MVT aid so hung up about this, but it is becoming very predictable, lol
    going now with German posts on Facebook on the subject (which are easy to translate). Complaints is that WOB I s becoming another Bayern’s(mens), and guess what monolithic club got all the blame for the last disastrous WC(men’s) campaign?

seen it too happen in woso with France & Spain’s failure at the NT level even though they got two dominant clubs. I guess the big question is; what’s more important, winning the World Cup or the Champions League?

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It appears Lyon are tired of waiting on Hegerberg to be healthy, and with the return of Van de Donk, Majri, and even Marozsan, feel like their main priority now focused on a new forward more than another CAM like Macario...:cautious:

But for some reason, the random inflation of value connected to male English players seems to have found it's way to the women's game; confusing Lyon into not only deciding to offer an irrational amount of money for Russo, but also throw in Macario as a way to sweeten the deal. But lucky for them, this deal was never accepted lol, or a few months later we would have heard...
    [​IMG]

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Bayern beat Lyon last season, having generally appeared pretty good Vs the perennial UWCL champs. It's Wolfsburg who posses PTSD of a terrible performances Vs Lyon lol, and despite the injuries would still likely face a series of major metal hurdles to actually beat Lyon over two matches...:unsure:

The main factor in Wolfsburg's favor now, is them only having 3 players from the last time they faced Lyon in 2020's final. But hey... so we'll see what happens.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But didn't you also recently propose Bayern make a bid for her...:confused:, and you'd suggest this knowing Bayern currently the WORST place to be if your a CAM lol. Seriously, why would Macario being part of an inferior team like Bayern right now, have less risk of her suffering complacency..?

Having an inferior team, doesn't equate towards a coach providing a potentially better environment for a player like Macario to improve lol; and sorry to tell you this... but it's pretty obvious a CAM like Macario would be a vastly superior player within Wolfsburg's team, than anything she could accomplish within Bayern...:whistling:

Her contract expires in the summer lol... These clubs were acting ridiculous trying to make her the games biggest female transfer fee...:rolleyes:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Day by day, that positional change appears to have been made by MVT...:cautious:, with MVT for me appearing to have far too much say on the current decisions made for Frankfurt's team; and this having previously seen MVT's same attempted strategy of outside interference rejected by Stroot last season.

There's simply no reason to force Nüsken into a CB role at club level though, when her club contains a genuine wealth of superior options for the role; and this for a Frankfurt in more need of Nüsken's influence within a CM/DM role, as Pawollek clearly unable to come close to matching Nüsken's standards set last season.

Not even the potential return of Marozsan, or Leupolz, should influence the future role of Nüsken within the wnt, as Nüsken's form over the past 2 years suggests she's actually one of the nations best players, not just anoher strong CM/DM option.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Just based on club form it was a mistake to leave her out of he Euro squad as a mid-field option, it would be an even bigger mistake to take Nüsken to a WC now as a CB, to try and stupidly force one/two more needless options into the final 23...:unsure:

This 1st choice mid-field is clearly balanced, and actually improves key aspects of the Euro's team.
    -- Lattwein/Magull --- Lohmann/Däbritz --
    --------------- Oberdorf/Nüsken ------------
    Highlighting how MVT doesn't have too many options, but simply has access to great options if they are used correctly.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Predictable....:unsure: The way Germany would play at the Euro's literally the exact opposite of being predictable lol, seeing Hegering, Hendrich, Oberdorf, Gwinn, Rauch, form the most impressive counter pressing defensive unit I've seen in women's football. (I never saw this happening... did anyone...?)

Hegering would even make the UEFA best 11, due to her role within this teams unique ability to effectively win possession of the ball using a high line, based on very modern tactical concepts typically witnessed within the elite of the men's football right now.

And it's why I'm convinced a technically strong athlete like Küver should be selected for the WC squad, as she'd fit every criteria for maintaining Germany's high risk/reward counter pressing defensive system/style of play.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, don't concern yourself with trying to make parallels between the men and the women's national teams lol.

We're going to ignore how Germany have been able to be successful in both WWC and UWCL...:rolleyes:

A Wolfsburg side filled with German wnt players trying to win another UWCL, has ZERO negative effects on the general operations of the wnt. And I'll continue to highlight the good work being done within the club level of Germany, as this for me the main factor behind an otherwise mediocre MVT still being able to create a competitive senior team again...:whistling:

4 Bayern players, and 7 from Wolfsburg, would all combine to make my strongest wnt 11. But beyond those names I'd only have 1 player from Lyon, and 4 players from Frankfurt within my final 23 squad, highlighting how the games best talents will naturally aggregate within sports strongest clubs.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I see Stroot was answering questions recently, where he responded to someone within the DFL suggesting Wolfsburg's domination of German women's football a major problem for the marketability of the league (sound familiar lol..?)

But Stroot would answer how it would be a mistake to think Wolfsburg needed to be a weaker team, before it makes the league as a whole more exciting/interesting... and I think he hits the key issue concerning people's generalization of a league being inferior/weak, due to it having one club dominate; and this of course being why aren't we talking about the rest of the competition...?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1210 Batfink, Feb 2, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    @hotjam2 Only 2 years ago Bayern won their 3rd league title in 7 seasons, and did this featuring an impressive group of domestic talents and foreign internationals, that produced really exciting football. But it was then Bayern who'd choose to replace their coach again, and do so while allowing more domestic talents to leave without replacing them...:whistling:

With the resources and the selection of talent available to them, there being absolutely NO REASON why a club like Bayern shouldn't be able to replicate Wolfsburg's model for success; but it's obvious why they haven't, when various examples of poor short term thinking continues to hold them back from being able to maintain a #1 position over longer periods of time.

11. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to a newspaper Turbine Potsdam has sacked Sven Weigang as coach after 3 matches in Bundesliga and a DFB-Pokal game. Very clever to fire the coach just before the end of winter break.:speechless::ROFLMAO: (8 weeks after their last Bundesliga game).

They got new players which also have no time to get integrated into the team.:speechless:

Batfink and blissett repped this.
  12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern München
    New
    Tuva Hansen (Brann)

Left
    Janina Leitzig (Leicester)

SC Freiburg
    New
    Gabrielle Lambert (Montpellier)
    Annabel Schasching (Sturm Graz)

Left
    Jobina Lahr (Hamburger SV)
    Selina Vobian (Duisburg/loan)
    Mia Büchele (Basel/loan)

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    New
    Michaela Specht (Real Sociedad)

Left
    Petra Kocsan (Györi ETO)

Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    New
    Eva van Deursen (Sun Devils)

SV Meppen
    New
    Milla Punsar (Honka)

Left
    Elena Aristidomou
    Eva Holtmeyer (Bochum)

SGS Essen
    Left
    Josefine Osigus (Bocholrt)

MSV Duisburg
    New
    Sarina Heeb (FC Zürich)
    Selina Vobian (Freiburg/loan)

Left
    Alissa Andres (Elversberg)

Werder Bremen
    New
    Selma Licina (Portland Pilots)
    Chiara Hahn (USF Bulls)
    Stefanie Sanders (Rosengard)

Left
    Lena Triendl (Altach)
    Margarita Gidion (Basel)
    Sofia Harrison

Turbine Potsdam
    New
    Darja Rajaee (UCF Knights)
    Maria Cristina Lange (RB Leipzig)
    Paige Culver (Kalmar)

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Turbine tell us that it was Weigang`s wish to end the contract and they have another new player.

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't watch the upcoming match(as I don't got Maenta TV) but 11 month after her ACL, I'm kinda surprised that Seina Cerci is not yet on the roster for Koln(not even listed as sub)
    SGS Essen vs. Köln - 3 February 2023 - Women Soccerway
    How long until she makes her comeback?

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    4-0 Vs Köln, wow... Essen starts the 2nd half of the season in the same impressive manner they ended the 1st...o_O

And during a season we've witnessed Potsdam self implode, it's becoming a really positive story for the league having Essen's ridiculous run of quality recruitment, allow them to regularly fight much stronger clubs to remain in this league, as one of the last two female only clubs in the top division.

Even if it's only a matter of time before players like Endemann and Piljic receive offers to join stronger teams, the fact a small club like Essen can be trusted to continue developing so many good players, makes the situation in Potsdam look so much worse...:speechless:

16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Quote from "Geissblog":
    "Meanwhile, the Cologne star of the summer, Selina Cerci, is picking up speed. The 22-year-old striker increases her volumes in the units and is carefully integrated into the duel training. However, it will still be some time before the premiere in the FC jersey."

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1217 Batfink, Feb 3, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Hmmmm, I see Frankfurt's coach is talking about finally looking to adjust his formation. Supposedly this towards accommodating double 6's (like their friendly Vs Wolfsburg..? :cautious:), where all I hear is this obviously allowing Nüsken to go back to being deployed as a CM...
    [​IMG]
    Reuteler/Martinez ------------ Freigang/Wamser ---------------- Anyomi/Prašnikar
    --------------- Dunst ------------- Nüsken/Pawollek ------------- Feiersinger ---------------
    Hanshaw/Küver --- Kleinherne/Aehling --- Kirchberger/Doorsoun --- Hechler/Santos
    -------------------------------------------- Johannes ----------------------------------------
    Their offense is still weak, and their defense this season underperforming too; but this squad has too much talent to be stuck where they are, and I'm pleased to hear their coach finally ready to move away from his uniquely poor false #9 focused system.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reuteler ------------------ Prašnikar --------------------- Anyomi
    ------------------ Dunst ------------------ Freigang ---------------------
    ------------------------------- Nüsken -------------------------------------
    Hanshaw --- Kleinherne ---------- Kirchberger --- Küver
    ------------------------------ Johannes -----------------------------------
    [​IMG]

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Essen - Köln 4:0(2:0)
    Maier(29), Sterner(40), Endemann(64), Piljic(74)

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    very impressive win by Essen. Reminds of the Americans play the game as the coach tactically, finds he open space for his fwds have plenty of room to work & allows them the freedom to try & score themselves instead of centering the pass(though this happens in the last play by Berentzen)
    Is coach Hogner still an assistant on the NT?(I’s surprised not if the NT head coaches want to copy his tactics)
    Endemann currently the most exciting player in the league, but that goes to waist if she gets picked by either WOB or BM, as turn she will have to play under Stroot’s tactics(as he got Jule Brand seemingly running around in circles!)

Klingo3034 repped this.
  21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Freiburg - Wolfsburg 0:4(0:2)
    Pajor(4), Popp(9), Jonsdottir(45), Lattwein(87)

No

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... are you really doing this again; creating a strange narrative about a team, only using highlights...:unsure: Before you commit to this one, you might want to try and watch them play at little more lol...:giggle:

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmmm, I don't know...:rolleyes: could it be that Essen the youngest squad in the league, regularly starting the youngest starting11, for a club who's 1st target each year remains trying to avoid relegation, as they currently sit in mid table with the leagues 2nd worst defence, practically forcing their coach to play with a far more direct transitional style when it comes to generating offensive aka trying to score goals to gain points.

I mean, remember this...?
    [​IMG]
    Yeah... it doesn't take a genius to grasp why all the Bundesliga's lower rated teams a far distance from the higher rated sides when it comes to comparing styles of play, as this typically dictated by quality of players available to each club, no..?

And seeing how an exciting German wnt would play at the Euro's, I'd say it's damn obvious the current wnt a pretty strong blend of all the best elements of German football (top and bottom), projected right here with them sitting right on the median of using direct but controlled football...
    [​IMG]

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again... your saying with very little knowledge of Essen's team, or how Endemann's role functions within it...:cautious: And suggesting she wouldn't legitimately benefit from one day being able to regularly train and play alongside the nations very best, lets me know you've not seen anything but highlights lol

Already 1 more assist than she managed all last season, Endemann also only 2 goals away from equalling her best ever league goal total set last season (7 goals). And I maintain... it means it's only a matter of time before she CORRECTLY moves to a stronger club, where she can develop even further around stronger players, learning how to function as a wide forward within a team who'll likely dominate the ball far more than Essen's current league 2nd lowest average.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've seen this match, and just like it was over the 1st half of the season, Wolfsburg didn't need to play very well today, but still had more than enough quality to calmly dispatch their latest opponent.

Hendrich playing as a RB would remind anyone watching that she's still by a significant margin the best RB in Wolfsburg's squad right now lol, with Popp forced out wide on the left again still looking overall a mediocre mid-field presence, but always dangerous around/inside the opponents penalty box.

But looking at Freiburg playing without Kayikci running their mid-field, it forced Felde to admirably try and fight a solo battle against the trio of Lattwein - Oberdorf - Huth, and of course that didn't turn out very well for anyone understanding the limitations of Minge...:whistling:

Minge completely smothered by Lattwein and Oberdorf (still playing in cruise control again..:() in mid-field, and unable to come anywhere close to shooting range; it was a game most of Freiburg's few good sequences of progressive passing regularly die before anything dangerous even reach Frohm's PK box.