Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    60 minute Stroot brought in speedsters Brand Pajor & Wassmuth in for the 2nd half, but their not playing with much chemistry as they seem to be rotating positions every time they come upfield

Frankfurt could o f been ahead by now if they didn’t look so rusty

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    65th minute 2-1 Frankfurt as WOB’s new look seems confused

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Frankfurt holds on to an 3-2 win. I guess still a couple of weeks till the restart of the regular season for WOB to get back its mojo!

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Unfortunately, seeing Nüsken playing within her more natural CM role didn't last very long, meaning I'll continue stating the obvious about her options right now.... these options being Nüsken is an elite level CM talent, that 100% should be playing regularly as a CM for UWCL clubs like Wolfsburg/Bayern...:coffee:

Plus I also still don't believe Anyomi a wnt player, if her continued selection solely based on her club form; however... this recent friendly would provide more glimpses, of the genuine talent that will always allow MVT to find reasons to force Anyomi into the wnt's future plans.

So while Frankfurt already have numerous defensive options that remove Anyomi from ever needing to being used like MVT would prefer, I do find it very odd watching Nüsken used in a defense, her club coach has access to Hanshaw, Kleinherne, Aehling, Küver, Doorsoun, Hechler, with even more impressive options like Acikgöz, Veit, Steck slowly being introduced into his 1st team defense too...:confused:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reuteler finished within the top #2 of the various lists grading the most effective attacking players during the first half of the season. So we really should pay more attention to what she does now, as it's clear her effectiveness within the oppositions attacking 3rd on a new level we hadn't previously witnessed.

I mean... only a friendly, Frankfurt's effective counter attacking Vs Wolfsburg still a reminder of the offensive talent this team defiantly posses. I just wonder how much the wasted potential of their UWCL, and Pokal challenge, effects their current coach, and the career decisions of various players for next season....:cautious:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I also notice Dallmann within her new wide forward role (primarily from the right), now among the top 5 attackers across the top 5 European leagues this season. So... do we think MVT aware of this, or smart enough to try and test Dallmann in a wide role for her wnt, to compete alongside Bühl - Brand - Huth - Waßmuth, for a potential WC squad role...?

Dallmann as a CAM frustratingly invisible on the international stage. But if she returns to Bayern's team for the UWCL knock out stage, and can finally standout facing elite opposition, should she be considered for a WC squad role ahead of someone like Waßmuth; even though we've already witnessed proof Waßmuth capable of contributing goals/assists facing tough opposition...:unsure:

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    way, way, way later on today Bayern takes on the famed Mexican club, Tigres in Monterrey, it will be on youtube.

Tuesday Wolfsburg takes on the leading Bundi div 2 club, Leipzig.. Still waiting for an an streamed link(if any).

unlike their disastrous NT, Mexican clubs tend to be pretty competitive & are currently in season. One heralded American, Mia Fishel(#88 on Guardian top 100) plays for them..

Leipzig was able to upset Frankfurt in the domestic Cup earlier this season. I was impressed by their speedy striker,, Marlene Mueller & mid, Gianna Rockow. But its Vanessa Fudilia who's their leading scorer with 12 goals so far. We'll see how competitive this game will be as you would think Stroot is thirsting for revenge & last time WOB played its 210 stars versus an div 2 team(Nuremburg in domestic cup) it was no contest

tomorrow, another interesting friendly might be Franfurt vs Koln, if only to see if Selina Cerci is finally back; It's been nearly 11 months now since she got her ACL

Klingo3034 repped this.
  8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Be interesting match for sure!

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    20k plus in attendance, lively atmosphere, but Bayern can’t seem to wake up as it’s Tigres leading 1-0 at halftime as BM’s playing very slow & sloppily

my book to get back; bring in the Dallman-nator!

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    changes at the start of the 2nd half

Dallmann for Magull
    Zadrazil——-Saki
    Hansen——Rall
    Groh———-Benkarth

60th minute…close, but no cigar, still 1-0

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    too much pretentious passing from Bayern as they loose 1-0. Should of stuck with the quick counters ala last match vs Barca

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ughhh, watching Bayern play with this new coach is just....
    [​IMG]

He's edging ever closer to removing the key positive factors that ran through the spine of Bayern's championship winning team, while ignoring how the clubs core was/is still very much German in it's football identity, to instead replace it with something that I can only describe as Eurotrash soccer...:cautious:.

Euro-trash probably sounding slightly harsh to some lol, but it's the best way I can describe the way Straus has this Bayern team playing football this season; where he's determined to have a team be nothing more than a trendy imitation of Barcelona's women, with football that serves little purpose beyond "looking good", with it typically being desugared for something else anytime they face a tactically disciplined opponent...:rolleyes:

Still a club with a core of very strong players, featuring and championship winning calibre spine, the idea Bayern a Barca Lite edition sounds horrible, when this has no room for players like Schüller, Magull, Lohmann, Bühl, Zadrazil, an more... reaching their full potentials within this approach to football...:confused:

Thomsen repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But, you do realize this is how Bayern typically play...:giggle: Exactly like I tried to explain to you, the few handful of games your selecting where they don't play this way, is the worst way to describe a team that is typically very tedious in it's approach to controlling/winning games of football.

LOL... you do understand why Bayern only having 30% possession Vs Barca forced this "quick counters" stuff to happen, right...?
    [​IMG]

They had the same amount of possession in their 3-0 defeat away to Barca a few weeks prior lol... but they had Sydney Lohmann in the second match, showcase a near perfect demonstration of why a CM with elite level press resistance is so rare, allowing her team to create highly effective opportunities to launch the quick counters you mention.

But compare Lohmann's positioning Vs Tigres, next to her average positioning against Vs Barca...:coffee: Opponents with VERY different levels of quality, it should be obvious Straus was lucky to have his teams attack go through Lohmann while facing Barca, when normally (like facing Tigres) he actually wants everything to go through GPV, and Stanway.

Seriously... do people think it a coincidence England have all their play dictated by Walsh, and not Stanway...:whistling: And nobody feel it weird GPV has as many touches of the ball as elite CB's, but produces significantly less elite numbers whenever facing tougher opposition...?

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Marozsan already back, Leupolz set to return, as Nüsken continues to produce elite stats suggesting she's far too good to be left out of future wnt tournaments, Dallmann has a few months to showcase at least ONE impressive performance Vs a strong opponent.... just ONE lol.

Being a passenger for club, or country, at the highest level of the game, can no longer be an option for a player like a 28yo Dallmann supposedly in the prime of her career. And knowing her League stats place her among the top 5 best players among Europe's top 5 leagues this season, will have me paying closer attention to Dallmann's coming UWCL efforts now...:coffee:

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well…..everybody looked crappy in this one! Maybe they were being good will ambassadors but at the same time trying to sell Bayern's brand’, but looked like horrible salesmen. There was simply no transition(which worked so well against Barca). Rall keeps shooting herself in the foot in trying to make the NT/Shullee seems like once again an non factor unless you pretty much set her up, but the service was so miserable this time around whether it was from Magull Buhl Lohmann Dallmann. It almost felt like Buhl’s one attempt or Tatianna’s poor clearance was fine on purpose, lol. Sending in all those B type subs didn’t make sense either( and noticed; not once did they attempt to find Kett)

Idk on why Bayern wouldn’t want NOT win otherwise; they don’t got the roster needed to beat Wolfsburg humongous one to win the league title/pretty much will be eliminated by quarters unless that 1/3 chance they get injury plagued Arsenal.
    It’s always hard coming back after having baby cuz you can’t give soccer 100% of your time. Plus it be harder to get back into Chelsea’s starting or even playing lineup since once again that club went on an huge off season spending spree.
    The Lyon coach said it best that she needs Marozsan to “slow down the game”. Well that wasn’t the style that Germany played at the Euros, but I can see where they might of needed it. MVT should really give Siems or Minge a chance(or at least in the build up to final NT selection); I mean that’s what Wiegman’s doing with newbies like James Salmon Park as well as the Spanish coach(with the rebellion still in tow), meantime MVT’s remains stagnant, preferring to go with her Euro success. But things are going to be a bit different at the World Cup; perhaps unfamiliar conditions/training set ups, a weaker group where you wouldn’t want to peak to early —-rather the start of the elimination rounds will be harder this time around as the projected path is either Brazil/France in the round of 16/England in the quarters. But guess got to be careful with these third world countries(losses like to Serbia/BM vs Tigres, Mexico, lol)

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The English commentator was constantly talking about this union between clubs being a way for Bayern to recruit all the amazing talent from Mexico lol....
    [​IMG]

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again.. the way Bayern played Vs Barca was simply forced on them. They couldn't dominate the ball like their coach would prefer, and this time found it positively influence a deeper position for Lohmann, providing her no choice but do what she does best (TRANSITION) as a #8/CM, rather than being in a more advanced pass and move #10/CAM role.

And alongside their new coaches incessant desire to have his FB's be the main source of width, it's NEVER going to see a quick transition style return, when this teams high pressing (ability to win the ball back) less effective now, than it was under Scheuer...:confused:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... but Bayern's Eurotrash style doesn't even earn them a spot among the UWCL's top 5 possession focused teams this season. Potentially highlighting why this Bayern side set to function best Vs superior possession focused opponents (like Arsenal), where previously their style best suited to face more transition focused opponents like Lyon/Wolfsburg.

To me, Bayern's worst possible opponent to meet right now in the UWCL quarter finals being Roma, or Lyon...:cautious: This knowing how effective the press/transitional play of Benfica, and Rosengard, would be versus Bayern's mid-field...
    [​IMG]

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And yet their main DM choices this season appear to be Ingle/Cuthbert, no? So... I'm thinking as long as she's serious about her return, I don't think a pregnancy enough to stop a credible DM/CM like Leupolz from finding game time for this seasons Chelsea.

And THIS my main fear surrounding Marozsan's eventual return to the wnt squad; as MVT still doesn't seem to grasp what Oberdorf provides her mid-field, or the role a strong pivot/DM provides her team while using the modern 4-3-3 system.

Even if I still believe her best role right now is potentially playing back up to Magull, I wouldn't be shocked to see MVT return Marozsan to her previous deeper role, where she sat next to Däbritz within a very weak double 6...:(

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ahead of who though...? Who should Minge be given game time ahead of during the 6 months until the WC starts...?

Your only going to see at max 6 names from Oberdorf - Leupolz - Nüsken - Lohmann - Däbritz - Lattwein - Magull - Hagel - Marozsan - Dallmann, receive a mid-field squad place for the WC. So besides a great run of goals against opponents outside the leagues top 5, who is Minge supposed to be taking important wnt match time away from...?

We have the Euro's trio of Oberdorf (world class), Däbritz (elite), Magull (elite). Then we have Lohmann (underrated but soon to be regarded world class), Lattwein (soon to be regarded elite), Nüsken (potential to be elite), being the obvious 6 players. Leaving out talent like Leupolz, Marozsan, Dallmann, Hagel lol, ignoring more credible CM options like Senß even though she's a player who's been one of the best CM's in the league for consecutive seasons now...o_O

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    STAGNANT....:ROFLMAO: MVT's made sooooo many needless changes during her time, Germany have seen at least 2 teams worth of talent trialed/tested lol.

Plus how dare you compare the nature of Germany's current team to England lol, when it was Germany with the 2nd YOUNGEST team on show at the Euro's, starting a teenager for the semi's and a final...:confused:. While Spain's situation is purely self inflicted hubris/entitlement, spawning from a core of their Barcelona players incorrectly determining they have a divine right to be successful now...:rolleyes:

I mean, are we supposed to ignore MVT forcing a 22yo Nüsken into the team, as a poor club level performing 22yo Krumbiegel just successfully featured TWICE Vs the USA, with it being highly unlikely we won't be seeing a 19yo Küver brought into the next wnt squad. Honestly, in this situation it seems like your missing the forest for the trees...:coffee:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Germany are not in a comfort zone (yet..:cautious:) of having the proficiency to play badly, and still win games of tournament football. And MVT would be a fool to think her opponents won't be producing a little more effort to try and frustrate, or beat them, as a respected/known historically strong wnt.

After the Euro's, all Germany's coaches and players seeming to convey the same message of frustration with the finals ending.... in this scenario of preparation and effort, I'll actually give MVT some credit, and believe for all her limitations she'll still have a hungry group of players primed/determined to lift a trophy again.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just found this stream after the Wolfsburg/Leipzig match been played, so I wouldn't give the final score just yet, but score wise, should be an exciting 1st half. Below that were the starting lineups, notable missing from Lepzig is their strker, Mueller(who had an first class performance previously vs Frankfurt)
    VfL Wolfsburg - Frauen vs RasenBallsport Leipzig - Staige
    326264435_856683325443326_1845887402675072910_n.jpg

Batfink repped this.
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

[​IMG]
    A little context here.... I'm pleasantly surprised to see Benfica somehow become the destination for the Bundesliga's best RB during 2014-16, to make her return into the elite arena of women's football...:thumbsup:

This a transfer that won't mean much to most people, I still remember Gasper being one of the few FB's I'd see truly match Graham Hansen in 1v1 duels; and still only 26 now, I think it would be a great story to see her play well enough again to get back into the wnt one day.