Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And speaking on the nature of Bundesliga teams, we have Wolfsburg Vs Frankfurt later today for a friendly match taking place in Portugal...

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Live in five days:confused:

Klingo3034 repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dallmann gets a big help due to Bayern’s overall, new direct playing style. Even the central mids, whether it be Stanway, Zadrazil or Lohmann, have the freedom to make long, individual runs upfield—-something that’s not afforded to Wolfsburg players and their more deliberate passing tactics.
    That’s why for me, Bayern’s the way more enjoyable team to watch play. Sadly, Stroot even made Jule Brand, look dull out there!

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately Frankfurt’s coach is becoming the new Gallai, someone I see getting fired in the near future based in his incompetence on how’s he’s handling Nusken Kuver & Freigang

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was in a rush, only noticed later, and didn't have the time to correct my error lol.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Excuse me.... where is this new direct playing style
    [​IMG]

Don't you remember this...?
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty obvious Bayern's style is the most possession orientated it's ever been, and the furthest from being truly direct...:whistling:

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    LOL... this isn't just a bad take, it's a take that's apparently completely oblivious to reality...:ROFLMAO:

Yes, the team with the highest possession stats in this league right now might be Wolfsburg, but Bayern lead the league in most passes completed, and passes attempted, and both by a significant margin too.

Bayern averaging more touches of the ball within the mid 3rd, and defensive 3rd's of the field; it's Wolfsburg who actually dominate this league by having a significantly higher amount of touches of the ball within the oppositions final 3rd lol... so who's more deliberate now...:coffee:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Deploying a blatantly slower possession based system, if someone changed Bayern's colors to match a certain Catalonian Spanish team, I know you'd instantly hate them lol.

And what's also funny, is even if I personally feel Wolfsburg are playing below their true potential, many of their players still contributed really high stats over the first half of the season...:confused:

This highlighted in your suggestion Brand somehow a worse player with Wolfsburg's team, even though she's only played one and a half seasons of club football, where her previous best likely to be beat this season, as she matures in the more important aspects of the game...:whistling:

Last seasons Bayern had scored 38 goals by the leagues half way point, this season they have 26 goals; but no... Bayern are a more enjoyable side to watch than Wolfsburg now...:rolleyes:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... He wishes he'd been as good as Gallai was for Hoffenheim....:rolleyes: First season Gallai finishes 3rd, his 2nd and final season he'd finish 5th.

But after losing 3/4 of the leagues best players to rivals, Gallai would still find a way to qualify for the UWCL's new group stage in his second season, where his team would only miss out on the quarterfinals due to a single goal....o_O

The 2nd season featuring a win over Wolfsburg, where we'd see Hoffenheim producing historic wins vs AC Milan, and Rosengard, for UWCL qualification; then create a scenario we'd almost witness the impossible during a 4:1 beating of Arsenal in the final group game.

But with access to far deeper Frankfurt squad, filled with various senior internationals, and a new wave of junior German wnt prospects, what's Arnautis done so far to match Gallai...?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I feel like Gallai lost his job due to his clubs poor recruitment policy towards defenders, and their inability to retain strong players. As the idea he was underachieving a very strange theory to me, knowing we'd actually witnessed two seasons with him as head coach, where they'd accomplish many impressive firsts...:unsure:

Think, if Hoffenheim behaved like Eintracht Frankfurt, and not the older FFC Frankfurt.....
    FW: Krumbiegel - Brand - Billa - De Caigny - Waßmuth - Rall
    AM: Corley - Hagel - Hartig
    CM: Lattwein - Harsch
    DM: Dongus - Demann
    DF: Naschenweng - Specht - Degen - Feldkamp - Bühler - Wienroither - Linder
    GK: Tufekovic - Leitzig
    This could have been a reality if they'd retained and added talent for two seasons; allowing Gallai to have access to so many good options, he'd probably needed to place senior international level players on the bench for his potential full 3rd season...:speechless:.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    oh so your an expert on Bayern now? lol, do you realize how all your predictions on this club & it's players been so DEAD WRONG??? I mean from "Barca will murder Bayern"(right before 2ng game kick off) to 'Straus will be an disaster' to the 'demise of Dallmann' to how 'overrated Stanway & GVD are'(the last one even led in one of your category charts)

Bayern will usually win possession vs the bottom 8 clubs. That's just the quality taking over, plus it's not out there to destroy the bottom dwellers, but to give it's injury ladden squad an break. But in it's by far most important matchups so far this season(WOB, Barca, Benfica, HOF) it's definitely gone direct
    But let's go back to one of your last year's predictions; "Leitzig will be the future NT star", you know she's been reduced to now being send to WSL last place, Leicester???
    Bayern Munich loan goalkeeper Leitzig to Leicester
    quality CB's are the hardest to find, not just in Bundi but in general. Considering their investment is consderable less than WOB & BM, the HOF owners were just aiming for 3rd place/Champions League spot. Probably put Gallai on warning already after the disappointing 5th place of last year, and despite decent recruiting ,pissed off that their still in currently in 5th place. Otherwise I can't blame Gallai for some of his major player losses if the owners didnt want to match the pay scale of the big two

Same thing might happen with Frankfurt coach; it be an 50/50% chance he could get fired if he misses to the Champion's League & ends up in fourth place/80%or higher if he winds up in 5th place, since their probably disappointed already with his CL & domestic cup performances. I mean this coach got 5 current German NT players(really should be six with Kuver) plus $ Austrian starting NT members,. So the expectations are high for 3rd/4th place finnish

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At least Leitzig can play in Leicester and they have beaten Brighton coached by Jens Scheuer 3:0.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... I never said I was an expert, and honestly don't need to be. The facts are facts... I'm not creating false narratives here, but simply using the analytics provided by far more engaged minds of this game...:coffee:

So if you don't like any of the stats provide here, go argue with the people who do a great job aggregating all of it lol.

Again, don't get frustrated with me using other peoples well produced analytics. But it needs to be said, I didn't see you, or anyone else, openly predicting anything different for Bayern after the disaster that was the first match...:unsure:

And I'll continue to remind you that Lohmann's performance in the 2nd match Vs Barca was so damn impressive, it would override a lot of the negatives that saw a Bayern side using the same tactics, comfortably swept aside by the same opponent only a few days prior.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I'll also maintain that Dallmann IS OVERRATED lol, but mainly when it comes to being used as a CAM, only succeeding within Bayern's current system, thanks to her coach starting her from the a wide forward position; unlike the wnt, where she remains uniquely invisible as a CAM within MVT's system.

Oh, and I never said Stanway is overrated either, but often feel her role within a double 6 system renders her, and this Bayern team, overall far less effective in the ability to execute more efficient transitional play.

This underwhelming winger-less transitional play at times compounded further, as GPV tasked with Bayern's Maria Leon role, even though she still doesn't convince as a elite player, never close to being in the same data pool as rival elite defenders whenever you compare various qualities within domestic, or in UWCL competition.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm only using the same langue people believed fair to describe Jens Scheuer's 2nd season with Bayern, as people presently choose to continue defending this new guy using some rather hypocritical reasoning...:cautious:

So far this season Bayern's conceded less, but also scoring less too; their new style of football not appearing very impressive to me whenever they face any opponent with relatively potent mid-field, or attack of their own. I'll need to see more over the 2nd half of the season before I give Straus any form praise.

Yeah, sure.... this explains it....
    [​IMG]

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like I said earlier.... the moment this Bayern team meets any form of resistance, their coaches possession based tactical approach instantly CRUMBLES, with everything falling back to bunker ball, or hoping for individuals to save the day.

Comparing current Bayern to various rivals, I feel they're still far from being the best team to watch, and not by design, have managed to navigate through tougher games using football pretty antithetical to the way this new coach describes wanting to see his team play...:whistling:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK... you can keep trying to play this game of digging up receipts, but for the amount of predictions we both make here, compared to you, I feel like a modern day Nostradamus lol...:coffee:

But anyway... my basic prediction for Leitzig being a future wnt GK hasn't changed, with this loan move to the WSL actually appearing to be very smart one for her right now, as a former wnt #1 (Schult) likely no longer a credible WC option anymore, creating potential opportunities for another new GK's to win a surprise WC squad role.

Germany have a strong pool of GK talent now, with Leitzig being one I've seen producing BIG saves, showcasing very strong technical and athletic execution too. It's just obvious she needs a little more experience in the mental aspects of the game.

And now in a league former Bundesliga GK's like Zinsberger, and Berger, now believed elite...:cautious: I could see Leitzig improving her mentality (concentration), and have her loan with Leicester end with far stronger WSL clubs trying to keep her within the league next season...:whistling:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I look at Frankfurt's strong recruitment efforts with domestic defensive talents, think how WOB will even recruit from within the league now, and feel there's really no excuse for Hoffenheim not promoting more domestic CB's into a team still having to use Hagel, and Feldkamp, as long term CB starters...:speechless:

Even if they can't offer the appropriate money to attract known/mature senior international CB's, their recruitment policy has been genuinely awful when it comes matching weaker domestic rivals. Falling behind Leverkusen, Freiburg, and Köln now; this season highlighted with Hoffenheim conceding more goals than 11th place Werder Bremen, and SV Meppen...:thumbsdown:

When Hoffenheim consistently able to find/develop offensive talents like Waßmuth, Lattwein, Brand, Rall, with Popp 2.0 aka Alber set to come through, none of this is appears to be about money to me...:unsure:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Something crazy would need to happen for Frankfurt not to finish 3rd place, no..:cautious:

[​IMG]
    Personally, I'd prefer seeing Kleinherne, and Anyomi, left out of future wnt squads, with Küver making it only 4 Frankfurt players being part of MVT's WC squad (Küver, Doorsoun, Nüsken, Freigang).

But if the club manage to retain all their best players for another season, and then add their next wave of talented junior internationals to their 1st team, Frankfurt's leadership will have ZERO excuses for their coach not being able to reach the UWCL group stage next season...:cautious:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Men's and Women's first teams using the same location for their mid season training camp. Has this ever happened before...? I feel like this is important lol...:confused:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This happened this week, and we wonder why Nüsken continues to be wasted in a CB role...:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

22. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Batfink repped this.
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As FB's Rauch, and Simon, both lead the league this season in the category of producing most assists (5), but it's Naschenweng who's been the defender to score the most goals (5).

So knowing how much Bayern's coach dislikes wide forwards/wingers to actually stay out wide, it makes absolute sense that Naschenweng would end up being the latest Hoffenheim player moving to one of the nations top 2 clubs.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's slightly prophetic I'd be highlighting the longstanding issues with Hoffenheim's defense, the day before the club allow another strong player to leave their 1st team lol.

But if their serious about getting back into the top 3 without praying for a surprise decline from Frankfurt, they should already be scouting lower ranked teams again, to try and recruit defensive options with genuine potentials to instantly stabilize/improve their team for next season.

Lührssen a good example of this, where her first half of the season within an 11th place Werder Bremen, still has her being one of the leagues best LB's. Even the more unknown quantities like Meppen should be looked at too, as their currently the team with the league's 3rd best defensive record...o_O

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1-1 1st half in the Wolfsburg/Frankfurt friendly with both goals coming late, WOB using a mostly 2nd tier mid/fwd line. Expect them to out em big guns in the 2nd half
    Frankfurt finally trying something new; Nusken at AM/Anyomi at fwd and finally starting Kuver. They had an horribly time getting the perfect outlet pass, but finally got one through for the easy Reuteler score