Bundesliga 2022/23 - 27 EURO finalists play in the best league in Europe

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh... and looking at Rall playing as a RB for Bayern, I feel like it validates my constant skepticism concerning the wnt's strange use of player analysis. Both Simon, and Rall, part of the wnt squad during the recent USwnt friendlies, and not considered better options than Anyomi, and Kleinherne....:confused::speechless:

Overall, I'm pleased Bayern stood up and said there's still two strong German clubs in this seasons UWCL. So after witnessing what a focused but flawed Bayern can do, it's now on a superior Wolfsburg to set right all the various wrongs of their last meeting with Roma...:cautious:

2. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Fans watch Bayern murder Barca, not the other way around.

blissett repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what's surprising is the strength of the Brazilian players in this game, Tainara(Bayern) had one of the best CB jobs I've seen in a very long, long time; she not only cleared every loose ball in sight but her long balls started some of Bayern's effective counters as well her strong blocking made Barca's inside game very ineffective. This to go along that Geyse was Barca's best player that at least she scored on an individual goal while the rest of her Barca team mates flopped. and apparently still in her prime vet, Alves, who had some nice, hold up, play for Roma vs Wolfsburg's heralded mid trio(we'll see how it goes today). Benefica had an couple of Bazillians that did well vs Bayern in an previous CL match.
    This, plus NC Courage phenom duo of Debinha & Kerolin; felt like Debinha deserved NWSL's mvp over Sophie Smith /Kerolin even llos better everytime I;ve seen her play, makes me thing Braxil could be an dark horse candidate to win it all at next year' WC!

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well I mean, you got your favorites, but don't forget Stanway's individual run that still set up Schuller's goal in the 2nd half/Buhl who might not be the 'fastest kid on the block' still showed maturity on some of those counters as to whether to go 1v1 or hold up to the rest of the calvary arrives/of course, Tainara's monster defense.
    Can't blame for Bayern bunkering; they expanded a lot of energy on those first 15 minutes with their high press, had barely any subs to use, as one of of their three of them was the usual underwhelming Bragstad

what;s helping both Bundi clubs is perhaps an weaker overall Champions League in that Barca's missing currently their firepower upfron(with Putellas & Hansen still injured along with Lyon missing Hegerberg, Majri, Henry, Macario, Mkbock(yet still Marozsan can't make their starting lineup, lol), but at the same time I wouldn't underestimate the English clubs this time around(even though the flopped last year)

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Over 90 mins, Tainara made 1 successful pass into the oppositions final third...:rolleyes: But we're going to ignore how Bayern's played all season, and pretend (like always) it wasn't GPV who would have the most touches of any player, and produce more successful passes (5) into the oppositions final third.

When it comes to good CB partnerships, typically one defender will always seek to meet the ball, while the other sweeps up (makes covering tackles) behind them. And for all your weird praise for Tainara, it was still GPV who'd end the game as the stronger of the two CB's lol... which is quite concerning to me, considering how ordinary GPV is at winning her aerial/ground based 1v1 duels...:unsure:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... you should be thanking Bayern's wings/FB for aiding that then, as their coaches tactical plan was to remove the threat Barca typically pose centrally, and force them to try and contest battles out wide instead.

It meant both CB tasked with a more straight forward night, of mainly contesting crosses that were produced in front of them.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I feel like most would have said Barca's forwards the worst aspect of their failed attempts to score Vs Bayern..:unsure:. Removing the moment Grohs brain would lose connection to the wifi router, what does Geyse actually accomplish...? Very little...:coffee:

Pretty sure these amazing Benfica players the exact same individuals who were also mocked, having been completely humiliated by Barca on the opening match day too...:rolleyes:

And no, no, no... I'm preemptively stepping in right now, to tell you the trio of Roord - Lattwein - Oberdorf NOT overrated lol. Because I can already see the garbage narrative you'll try and create, if Oberdorf doesn't score a hattrick, or the game not a complete blowout in favor of Wolfsburg...:cautious:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You tend to have a major bias toward "favorites", while I try to look at how these players contribute towards a teams success/failure...;) And it seems you've forgotten what Stanway would actually produce in this match, as it was Magull who supplied the key pass for Schüller's goal...:whistling:

But wait... am I supposed to be ignore the key pass from Magull, and just overhype Stanway doing the exact same thing Zadrazil would do on multiple occasions Vs Barca, because it fits a weak narrative suggesting Stanway's arrival significantly improved this team...?

The factual number of successful dribbles from Bühl Vs Barca... ZERO lol. We all saw this match, and we know how well Bühl would do; so you don't need to exaggerate, or over embellish what she accomplished.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Best believe I'll call out the way Bayern would effectively bunker Vs Barca lol. GPV not possessing the elite qualities necessary to play the way this coach seems to want, still using both Zadrazil - Stanway within a double 6; Bayern could only successfully deploy the bunker Vs Barca's style, thanks to having an individual with the quality of Lohmann on the ball, negating Barca's press so efficiently.

Remove this on the ball footage of Lohmann, alongside all her amazing defensive work not shown here, and this game becomes a very different night for Bayern's coach...:cautious:

Lohmann repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #935 Batfink, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    [​IMG]
    Soooo... where was this same energy when Arsenal exploited Lyon's injuries to score 5...:whistling: Plus Wolfsburg, or Bayern, aren't even playing Lyon right now, while nobody was talking about the injuries for Barca when they were walking all over Bayern during their first encounter...:coffee:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #936 Batfink, Dec 8, 2022
    LOL... English clubs, requiring their new found success being completely constructed around teams of 90% foreign talent...:whistling:

The Bayern Vs Barca match would see more English wnt participation on the field, than we'd see for Arsenal's first 11 facing Juve. Arsenal only managing 2 English players in their starting 11, as Bayern would have 7 German wnt players, while Barca 6 Spanish wnt players, in a game 3 English wnt's would start lol.

I'll be shocked if Chelsea even manage to have 3 English women in their team tonight. But yeah... lets not underestimate the English clubs in the UWCL...:rolleyes:

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #937 Batfink, Dec 8, 2022
    Paraphrasing what Bayern's coach would say in his post match comments... "Sydney is a world-class player, she's still so young, she'll be one of the best in the world in her position".

So he at least knows he has a special talent within his squad now, but I do wonder if he knows Lohmann a #8/box to box CM. Because I for sure know Magull isn't a winger, but is also 100% sure she's on of the best CAM's in women's football.

Making this more interesting to see what happens when Dallmann returns now...:unsure:

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dang, what happened with the big crowds we’ve been seeing?

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only early during the Wolfsburg match... but you can already see the struggles Wolfsburg are having in the wide areas of the field.

Roma playing like a team on a mission, with a clear intention on how they want to play. Wolfsburg look lethargic, with a lack of clarity in anything besides what the individual wants to do...:thumbsdown:

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Popp now looking like an winger, guess Brand, Wassmuth & Jonsdottir will once again be lucky to get ‘spare change’ playing time

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, she looks like a bad winger....:rolleyes:

Ughhh and now even more individual energy enters the match lol. Everyone loves SJJ because she's fast, but her combination play, and simple passing, is really poor.

This feels like it's going to be another Pajor or nothing performance...:(

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    never mind, Roord goes out on injury, Jonsdottir comes in, Popp goes to CAM. Thanks Stroot of thinking about Brand & Wassmuth, lol

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg learn nothing from the 1st time they faced Roma..? Tactically Stroot isn't looking very good right now...:unsure:

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Two close chances flubbed, at least Roma looks beatable

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg are probably better off playing 4-4-2, getting the ball to Pajor and Popp as soon as possible... I don't think Roma's CB's would be able to deal with it...:cautious:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... I guess SJJ didn't run it out of play...:unsure:, and crosses for Pajor to make it 1-0 with a break away goal.

Good job SJJ is quick with her feet, because her football IQ is still far to low for the level she's expected to perform on.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What's that? The revenge from Japan's goal vs Spain at the men's World Cup? :mad:

Come on, it was out!!! :devilish:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This one was less contentious than Japan's goal lol.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg look like crap lol. Their ball movement, and off ball movement is terrible. Roma look like a genuine team, Wolfsburg are just trying to get by on pure individual talent.