Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... she's is not close to being faster than a host of rival players. I mean just looking at Europe, I think the Netherlands alone have two players faster than Jakobsson.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's always interesting seeing you completely ignore a key factor of this sport. A key factor that's pretty damn hard to miss over any 90 mins you'll see lol; passing...:rolleyes:

The ability to pass well, being something Sweden appears to be pretty good at now. As they no longer launch aimless long balls out of their defense, but rather pass the ball around various opposition attempting to press. I feel like your disingenuously ignoring a HUGE factor in what's forged Sweden's improvement.

So the use of 2 talented younger players, also comes within a team of mature well established internationals, featuring a style of play the team will actively seek to play through it's technically strong mid-field, to better exploit it's direct and dynamically athletic forwards.

Meaning Sweden aren't simply playing a faster game by using faster one dimensional players. And they've accomplished this using solid player analysis to find 14 strong players, who mainly play their football in many leagues around the world too.

3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Jule Brand, very scary player. Quick too. Has height as well besides skills as a striker.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looking at Sweden as a potential blueprint for Germany to follow, they currently only have 1 player under the age of 24 lol. And have selected players who can actually accomplish the tasks of being good on the ball technically, but also athletically strong off the ball too.

Sweden's Olympic Final team 2021:
    ----------------------------- Lindahl (38) ---------------------------
    Glas (28) ---- Ilestedt (28) ---- Bjorn (24) ---- Eriksson (27)
    ------------------ Seger (36) --- Angeldal (24) --------------------
    ----------------------------- Asllani (32) -------------------------------
    Jakobsson (31) ---- Blackstenius (25) ---------- Rolfö (27)

Germany haven't had a coach since their 2016 Olympic win, capable of building a team like this, or accomplishing a similar style of football that allowed it's own players to showcase their best attributes.

German coaches haven't shown the ability to get players to defend as a group, or attack as a collective either. Unlike Sweden who play as a team, everything Germany do successfully is based on pure individualism.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well get ready to see the German wnt destroy her lol. MVT will make her appear uniquely average for somebody so clearly gifted...:rolleyes:

6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    They not going to use her correctly?

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kristin Kögel is 1,55m but Donika Grajqevci is only 1,52m!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donika_Grajqevci

hotjam2 repped this.
  8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #133 hotjam2, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Sweden had a lot going for it & had the mutual respect from coaches & fans around the world for its players, style & as you mentioned, passing game. But at the end of the day, it was the very underwhelming on paper/first time coached by an John Herdman prodigy. Canada, that won the tournament. I mean, they got out possessed, out played, out shot, with 4 out 6 of their matches as an draw at the 90 minute mark. And to show they weren’t a fluke, they tied the best passing NT in the world, Spain, in an friendly few weeks prior to OL.
    So while everybody giving all the acolytes & publicly aspires to be like Sweden, coaches(like MVT) are quietly going to try & emulate what made Canada tick(and it sure wasn’t the beautiful game, but DISRUPTIVE soccer, designed rather to take the opponent out of their game plan)

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wolfsburg vs Bremen currently live

Lohmann and Klingo3034 repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOB up 3-2, halftime, but feel WOB is still needing an essential CAM as all their attacks are coming up the flanks. Painfully slow I might add with the FB’s trying to lead the charge up the sides, but as usual, leaving them out of helping them defend the quick counters of Bremen & giving up two goals in the process.

First half lineup

Wassmuth…..Knaak……Huth
    Walter………Oberdorf…..Lattwein
    Svava….Doursoon….Wedemeyer…Hendrich

11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    6-3 now.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #137 hotjam2, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    9-3, but that’s after Bremen’s undermanned squad ran out of gas & due to being an friendly, WOB’s allowed to bring in 8 subs including the debut of its entire Dutch gang

Klingo3034 repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The German wnt program hasn't really understood how to use it's best talents correctly for a solid decade. And with all the various behind the scenes politics taking place, it's not going to change anything anytime soon.

The frauds running the wnt program will only continue to make more media friendly, highly superfluous decisions, to help provide some kind of purpose to their dubious roles within the DFB. But when it comes to them making a successful senior wnt, I don't see a bright future for players like Brand...:(

Brand will do all her development at club level, learning absolutely NOTHING with the senior wnt.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  14. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Ha: NOBODY is trying to emulate what Canada did in the Olympics because you can't emulate blind luck. Yes, I want to teach my team to play like Canada: play in your defensive end for 45 of 50 minutes and then, late in the match, kick the ball down the field and try to get a dodgy PK call in the box that will enable us to equalize. Please....

Klingo3034 repped this.
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So your going to call a team that just allowed one goal in it’s 330 minutes of Olympic playoff matches was based on “blind luck”, instead of an very scrappy defense?
    and here a US team boasting 6 fwds with an combined of 421 international goals couldn’t even score one?
    and gets what….but on paper, featuring a rather underwhelming roster with the likes of Beckie, Fleming, Huitema, Buchanan & Leon usually benchwarmers on their respective WSL or Euro clubs…..as well as Rose(U of Florida) Grosso(Texas)Rivière(Michigan)playing on college squads not even ranked among the NCAA top 25.

So here you got an Swedish Squads that was so well balanced that they didn’t not have an weakness in any position, and yet will probably be even stronger for next year since they were missing several injured, big names, plus u would think 18 year old prodigy Bennison & newbie striker Avegaard will only get better.

so what’s the rest of Europe going to do when they can’t matchup up player by player/position by position with the surging/well coached Swedes?(and don’t have 2 monster players like the Dutch in their arsenal)
    Other than find some inspiration or method that was behind the Canadians Cinderella success…..

and going back to the US/CA semi; so you still call it “blind luck” that Canada was able to coaxed out 3/4 of the US back line to move up in an false sense security leaving just one defender to cover an 50 by 50 meter area?

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... your continued levels of cognitive dissonance for the more unique factors of technique/skill within women's football are commendable lol.

I see someone already beat me to it lol, but as someone who didn't even pay close attention to the Olympic tournament, I can still 100% understand why so many neutrals would find greater appeal in various wnt's (like Sweden) trying to be something more than another inferior USwnt doppelganger aka Canada; they all know it's better for future competition...:whistling:

And this is why I also never quite understand you watching the Bundesliga, only to constantly whine about it's teams wanting to utilize the mid-field so much. As if the culture of German football doesn't have a positive identity of it's own, if it doesn't mirror the North American ideal for the game...:confused:

You not liking certain teams in Germany because of how they seek to play is one thing, but suggesting established wnt's like Germany should ever follow Canada's example...:thumbsdown:.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What your describing isn't really unique to the game of soccer though... you will find LOADS of examples throughout the sports history, where inferior individual talent was able to come together and push it's potential way beyond any initial preconceived beliefs of elite level competitiveness.

It's just that we're probably not as used to seeing this occur within the women's game yet, where historically a much younger version of the game has only ever witnessed unbalanced levels of professionalism, dominating the various factors of senior wnt's accomplishing major success.

It's now though you'll find many female international caliber pro athletes on the bench of numerous clubs teams, fully capable of starting, and even 100% competing technically/physically, with the best international teams on the planet.

Once again, showing how I often feel like your being highly disingenuous in your assessment of key factors in this sport; you know exactly what Canada accomplished in the Olympics...;)

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There's this little thing that takes place within the elite levels of all professional team based sport, called high level coaching. And while it's not been something that's been at the heart of many elite women's teams over the years..:whistling:, I would imagine it's going to play a huge role in the future of the women's side of football.

And this is why I'm so critical of Germany all the time. As I watch wnt programs with far less player pool depth, and not as much infrastructure, being the better examples of cohesive teams within the elite levels of the women's game right now.

lol...:rolleyes: it's the Olympics Tournament. You know... the event missing a lot of opponents Canada would definitely struggle to beat. Germany won Gold in Rio, having drawn with Australia, and losing to Canada in their group stage.

This isn't some kind of incomprehensible feat.

19. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    hotjam2 repped this.
  20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tomorrow Hoffenheim will be shown live on YT

Klingo3034 and hotjam2 repped this.
  21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #146 hotjam2, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Idk if I can agree here; just seems now like the stepping stone for top woso coaches is to move on to an men’s coaching(rather than let’s say move from club to woso NT)
    This summer we’ve already seen WOB’s Lerch along with Barca & PSG’s coaches resign after an successful season. And always remember the shock that Horst Hrubesch turning down an chance to coach into the WC & thus the seemingly desperate hiring of the downgraded MVT.

So understandably, you wish some sort of passing utopia style of soccer to take hold, but don’t see it happening as long as the competent coaches keep quitting woso.

(Going with your other posts); yeah, if only German players were given half an chance & allowed to play the best according to their abilities, I could see them winning next year’s Euros. But not like this; whether it’s MVT or the other Bundi control freaks like the current HOF & WOB coach, practically forcing the players to play like they got chains that bind them.
    Just look how well that B squad did against Norway at Algarve Cup last year; this might of been Germany’s best game in several years, and all because MVT probably didn’t have enough time to put her heavy imprint on them(since the previous NT game was just a few before with an entire different lineup).

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So you don't see how female coaches/coaching won't continue to improve over time..? Sorry, but this is near impossibility not to happen lol.

Professionalism breeds higher demands for excellence, and even if it takes longer than it should, this will naturally result in the improved standards of coaching amongst the elite of the sport; before it eventually filters it's way down to the rest.

So I remember this is still sport where a 2007 USwnt coach pre WC finals, once said it's impossible for him to imagine any elite female team competently playing football out from the back lol...:giggle:

But just like this stupid rationale, and even in the face of the DFB doing NOTHING to help it's wnt program, I find the idea women's coaching won't improve enough to make the difference at the elite level, a really short sighted perspective for anybody to try and constantly maintain.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:confused: Yes... lets pretend this awful new random anomaly of football players following tactical plans continues. Could you imagine how negative it would be for the sport, seeing really disciplined well organized groups of talented individuals, functioning together at the highest effectiveness possible, to showcase styles of football that will never succeed, or even entertain audiences (SARCASM..:giggle:)

It's pretty hilarious seeing you continue to argue how little coaching matters in football, when history just laughs in the face of such nonsense; as we just witnessed an exciting Italian men's side win a Euro championship, after going through a succession of horrible coaches, that lead to a series of horrible tournaments.

See... keeping it to women' football, I'm not even a fan of the Netherland's wnt looking every bit a baby USwnt to me; but I can tell you right now, they wouldn't be anywhere close to being as successful without a good coach. But I'm supposed to believe their players just decided to accomplish all they have on their own...:rolleyes:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

...o_O This match lol. Looking at this match, no... actually they weren't very good. Highlights alone not telling you everything that occurred during the game, a few days prior they would perform MUCH better Vs. a stronger Sweden team.

Making the idea this team created "Germany’s best game in several years"...:ROFLMAO:
    -------------------- Schüller ----------------------
    Rauch ---------- Dallmann ------ Petermann
    ----------- Hegering ----- Lohmann -----------
    Kleinherne ---- Elsig --- Lattwein --- Maier
    Your reaching so hard to try and justify bad opinions now, your creating narratives where a worse team, and a worse performance, can randomly be evaluated better all because... your own speculation says "MVT probably didn’t have enough time to put her heavy imprint on them" lol.

I know MVT's presence gives the impression of a fraud... but she's not a damn Mentalist lol. As giving people poor instructions, isn't the same thing as instructions in general being a bad concept. I'd argue Germany's 3:1 Vs. Norway in April a better performance, but we're going to ignore that match... right..:rolleyes:

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They'll need to start show something substantially better if they hope to get through their WUCL qualification round.

And I know it's still only the pre season, with a long time before the league season starts... but having seen footage of all the top 6 teams from last season, it appears as though only Bayern, and Potsdam, the two teams I see actually improving themselves next season...:unsure:

I mean... I don't know if any of this will result in the kind of improvements necessary to see Potsdam close the gap on Hoffenheim/3rd place; but watching Wolfsburg, it's starting to feel like Bayern could be about to create even more distance between themselves and 2nd place...:cautious:

And this knowing Wolfsburg start's the season at home Vs. an improving Potsdam side too; a Potsdam side that should they show the confidence to attack Wolfsburg, will make this season opener a match people pay attention to.