Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Pretty crazy Bayern and PSG playing and then come to the states to play for another silver besides Lyon in short amount of time.

2. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I'm curious how long is this AMOS French Cup been around?

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    after being in shocksvill with Bayern starting lineup; brining in the start at the #9 the temperamental Damnjanovic & forcing Schuller into a supporting winger position, Then the whole 1st half was waisted trying to get the ball to Damnjanovic with little offense from anybody else.
    But all’s good in the 2nd half as Klara Buhl got subbed in & proceeded to annihilate the Roma defense with two world class goals. There’s no reason to switch to the right side like vs Lyon since Buhl’s unique ability when coming down the left, then cut sharply to the right & final explosive right foot shot reminds me of Megan Rapinoe at her prime!
    BM’s only going to get better when the world’s fastest player, Sofia Jakobsson, arrives. BM needs to work on defending crosses; high as well as low as several balls came dangerously across BM’s goal mouth & nobody could clear them, Roma just didn’t have anybody with a final touch to put them away. Wenninger coming in the 2nd half provided more security than Hegering did in that 1st half. Opinion is still out if the 17 year Landebeger was a strong defending CB. Roma’s strongest attack came from their right FB named Sofia, but that could show how weak offensively the rest of Roma’s players were. 4-0 final/all goals coming in the 2nd half
    I actually never heard if before a couple of days ago. These four team pre season mini tournies been around forever but as usually under the radar without much fanfare. So really glad to see BeIn step up & show this with high grade production value usually just given to broso; I mean the camera angles were superb as well the two commentators, who could pronounce those often tough Italian names so perfectly

well looks like Wolfsburg playing again today, this time against the coach former club. FC Twente. I will post if there’s a steam link to the game

Klingo3034 repped this.
  4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So I just saw Lena Lattwein wearing the captain band for Wolfsburg, hmm…

it will be interesting to follow this Wolfsburg team as they’ve become significantly weaker the past years, now just being one of many teams that may win the CL… but inferior to Chelsea, Barcelona, etc…

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Lohmann repped this.
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    For some baffling reasoning I can't quite understand, Bayern's coach chose to regress everything back to a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 Vs Roma; and it was being made even worse with him also using Damnjanović as the main striker, just so Schüller wastes everyone's time accomplishing absolutely nothing in a mid-field wide right role...:confused:

Then a second team CB called Landenberger starts next to Hegering, with the only obvious effect of this being the way it highlighted the need of Kumagai's qualities in this side. Because Hegering continues to be completely unwilling to execute the most basic of forward passes to her CM's, and FW's... in the process needlessly slowing down her teams tempo to an absolute crawl.

Oh... and seeing a first half with Bayern's 2nd/3rd choices like Vilhjálmsdóttir get to start, and then continue to leave such highly inconclusive impressions on matches, makes me question Bayern's apathy towards allowing Corley to depart for Hoffenheim...:unsure:

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #82 Batfink, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    Not without the CB's, and AM/CM's, providing them with the ball earlier...:cautious:

A front 3 of Bühl - Schüller - Jakobsson, sounds like it should combine for a very dynamic offensive threat... but I'm more interested in seeing how the mid-field, and defense, will improve their effectiveness in getting the ball to it's attackers sooner/with better accuracy.

Kumagai surely being a huge upgrade in accomplishing this, as Hegering's mental block has seen her create a weird insistence to never pass the ball forward with any type of urgency...:confused:; the way Hegering plays makes me wonder does anybody actually know what Bayern's coach will use as his 1st choice 11 this season, or the manifesto on how he intend his team to play...?

Schüller out wide, randomly changing to a 4-2-3-1, the captain need for continuous passing backwards... I sometimes like what see, and other times I still find Bayern's women to be a work in progress.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... Hegering was pretty awful, never looking truly comfortable in any aspect of her role as a CB. But knowing Bayern struggled with crosses last season too, I feel like this is a problem of poor organizational discipline, that can be fixed with some extra effort on the training field.

I mean, looking at the height and physical attributes of their defenders, you can only blame poor organization when your constantly being exposed for never dealing with basic crossing scenarios correctly.

Plus it needs to be said that Rall's looked pretty great in her first two matches for her new club; but seeing her getting pushed off the ball on numerous occasions while defending, definitely has me believing she'll need some extra time in the weight room before seriously competing with Glas for a regular starting place.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lattwein is a much stronger player than people currently understand, and I have a strong feeling she'll validate this with Wolfsburg over the course of the new season...;)

Significantly weaker...:unsure: Seeing how many damn clear cut chances they wasted versus Chelsea, I don't know about that lol. A significantly weaker side, would be the way I'd asses a team like Frankfurt.

See.. all Wolfsburg are currently missing is a second 20+ goals a season player, a legit left sided attacker, and a world class CB. And I know they can 100% replace the lost 20+ goals, find a high quality left sided attacker again, with the world class CB being the only factor that may elude them within a landscape of few world class female CB's existing.

Wolfsburg's recruitment is still erratic, and they've not seriously looked to upgrade their tactics/style of play from their first group of players to win league/WUCL titles. But they've still compiled a squad right now, fully capable of enabling a good coach to create a very competitive starting 11 within domestic, and WUCL football.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of Wolfsburg's friendly vs FC Twente.. Hope they can up their goal tally's from just 2 in each of their 3 games! Dont' see Oberdorf in this one. Looks like Wassmuth starts at lone striker or is it Wolter?

here's an article where Oberdorf seems to say she's happy being CB
    Kapitänin, Abwehr, Mittelfeld? Wolfsburgs Oberdorf: "Hauptsache, nicht ins Tor..." - Sportbuzzer.de

found this 2nd half game with Turbine Potsdam taking on Austrian Wiens somewhere in the Alps. Today their playing Real Madrid

Lohmann repped this.
  11. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Borussia Dortmund first ever women`s game !!!
    Test-game vs 1860 Munich Livestream. They are starting in the Kreisliga and should they progress every year, they would reach the Bundesliga in 8 years. They intentionally want to start from the bottom and not just buy a higher placed women`s team. Respect:thumbsup:

Batfink, Lohmann, hotjam2 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    congratz to Dortmund winning their first game ever, 3-1 vs 1860 Munich. 2nd half ready Frankfurt vs Leipzig,
    got to sign in to Facebook
    Facebook

Weltmann repped this.
  13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The 1860 reserve goalkeeper :eek:

Klingo3034 repped this.
  14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Potsdam won the final Vs Real Madrid 3-0, with goals scored by Selina Cerci 40', Karen Holmgaard 50', Merle Barth 79' PK. And managed to reach this final having beaten Benfica 2-0 thanks to goals from Melissa Kössler, and Ehegötz.

So with Potsdam ending up finishing a surprising 4th place last season, and this with one of the youngest squads in the entire league (average age of 22), if Selina Cerci can continue impressing, and get more help from Kössler, Ehegötz, and Orschmann, it will be very interesting to watch how this team develops further this season.

Oh.. and In the absence of Elsig, I'll be watching to see how much Lara Schmidt will actually play now too. With me also wondering if this finally the season junior wnt stand out Mieke Schiemann makes her senior team debut..:unsure:

Klingo3034 repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ----------------- Waßmuth ---------------------
    Knaak ----------- Huth -------------- Wolter
    ---------- Starke ------- Lattwein --------------
    Svava -- Hendrich -- Doorsoun -- Blässe
    ----------------- Kiedrzynek ---------------------

They need Pajor and a AM both scoring 20+ goals this season. Waßmuth repeating her seasons best of 12 from a wide right role is a possibility, but they really need to find another player who can score at least 15-20 goals.

To me this just sounds like Oberforf actually understands the politics of professional sports, aka she's a genuine leader lol...;) As neither her, or the new coach, actually confirm that's she's going to be a CB this season.

And to be honest, If this coach dumb enough to waste the talents of a CM who just provided a league best for a CM of 7 goals, and 4 assists, then he won't be the coach of Wolfsburg very long lol.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Isn't it still slightly problematic that both Schalke 04, and Borussia Dortmund, continue to be so disconnected from the elite level of German women's football...?

8 - 10 years to reach the top division, and create a viable team within that division, all sounds very commendable within a climate of men's football... but when PSG, Real Madrid, Manchester United, or Eintracht Frankfurt, can finger snap and simply merge themselves into the elite of the women's game, seeing Dortmund timidly dip a single toe into the women's game, is still rather disappointing to me.

And yes... I know they don't have the luxury of being in a region where they can bring in an already well established local women's team under their club umbrella, but it still seems really disappointing knowing Dortmund's tepid long term approach.

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wait, Janssen is a pretty great CB for Wolfsburg, but then this team seems to force Doorsoun into an starting eleven she’s never deserved due to plenty of mistakes and injuries, and Wedemeyer doesn’t ever get the trust it seems like… :cautious: Hendrich is prinarily a RB, but a good one? I have my doubts lol

But I agree about their «goal crisis», it shouldn’t be a big problem to find someone who can score a lot of goals along with Pajor… I suppose they have the players for it in their squad, they just didn’t play all too good last season really :confused:

oh, and I thought Frankfurt got the CL spot, which I see they didn’t. Lol, I was looking forward to Frankfurt this season :unsure:

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    right now the coach is experimenting with switching players into various positions. Huth seems uncomfortable being CAM compared to her preferred right winger spot but with the equally talented Wassmuth & the speedier van de Sanden on the squad, sort of forced into the role. Can’t help but think this will be Jill Rood’s spot once she joins the team? But Roord neither an playmaker nor an go to goal scorer. She’s more one of those physical types, able to score after tackling the ball from an opponent in an danger area, obviously best suited when using an high press. So why isn’t Oberdorf with high soccer iQ ever not given an chance at the #10.
    I wish too that WOB would try more direct style, they got now an host of speedy players to go to(rather than waist so much time passing in the back)

wouldn’t mind hearing from Batfink why Frankfurt hasn’t full field it’s potential with 5 German & 4 Austrian NT on it

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    replay of the recent Hoffenheim-Bordeaux friendly.Previous week, Bordeaux had an 3-0 win over PSG & 2-0 win over Frankfurt. MVT gets her wish; Brand(29) plays FB, Feldkamp part of an 3-back

Klingo3034, Batfink and Lohmann repped this.
  20. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Can anyone enlighten me on the Borussia Dortmund’s players? How they recruiting these players?

21. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Getting to top level from 8 to 1 division in 10 years is that feasible? Only way I think possible is getting good players maybe from academies or college playing soccer.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They all have different strengths though... like Huth having a decent goal ratio, but a consistently high assist rate. Waßmuth being more of a wide striker capable of scoring lots of goals, but with a far lower assist rate. And then while I'm not a fan of Van de Sanden's end product being so low, she's clearly posing the most threat of any wide player with her speed chasing long balls.

Meaning it's on the coach to do the obvious thing now, and try to fix the left side of his team. A team that features Bremer, Blomqvist, or Huth, who can all play in the wide left position. Svava, Rauch, Wolter, simply not making any sense being wide left options, when you have better international level attacking talents within your squad to pick from.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I remember seeing a younger Roord at Bayern, and she's definitely not a CAM, but would be much better option within a 3 or 2 player mid-field alongside Lattwein and Oberdorf.

I still maintain it being Oberdorf who I see being the only other player besides Pajor, who genuinely posses the ability to score 15-20 league goals for them this season. And I see the potential mid-field of Roord - Lattwein - Oberdorf, combing as a very dynamic/technically strong trio of players too.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:unsure: I don't know what you mean lol. I have only seen Frankfurt play once during their pre season, and the only thing I noticed with them is a formation switch to a 4-3-3, where Dunst - Nüsken - Feiersinger played in mid-field, and Freigang - Prašnikar - Martinez played in the attack.

I still have no idea where, or if Anyomi plays, and haven't seen any evidence of them making the types of major acquisitions that could potentially see them improve enough to challenge for a WUCL place next season.

So knowing Freigang needs to step up and finally push herself into the 20 goals bracket, while Nüsken will continue to impress, as Kleinherne remains on the edge of either international recognition. Their still a young side of mostly potential, who still looks a few years, and at least 2/3 new players away from a 3rd place finish.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still no Billa, and the constant rotation in team selection and tactics, says the coach isn't really selecting his first team during any of these games.

I personally feel like he's definitely conflicted on what to do with Feldkamp though, not wanting to use Corley wide, or remove Hartig from the mid-field. It's seen Hoffenheim's coach play different varrying styles to potentially find what works.

But eventually I imagine he'll finally understand what needs to be done, and just replace Krumbiegel with Corley, to go back to trying to further improve what worked for them last season.
    Corley --------------------- Billa ------------------- Brand
    ----------------- Hartig -------------- Feldkamp ---------
    ----------------------------- Dongus ------------------------
    Naschenweng --- Specht --------- Bühler --- Linder