Bundesliga 2020-21, die zwei Goliaths und zehn Dwarfs

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 1, 2020.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    strange lineup for Bayern
    Bayern München vs. Chelsea - 25 April 2021 - Women Soccerway
    I mean, their benching top scorer Schuller, Dallmann & Wenninger, but bringing in Laudehr & Simon who've barely started these lastfew months. If you believe soccerway's configuration. Ilestead, the usual FB starts at CB ahead of Wenninger. Magull at central striker instead of Schuller in an apparent 4-3-3. Well lets see what happens!

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A total collapse by Bremen and another Hoffenheim upset mean that Duisburg is the first team to be relegated.

Leverkusen-Essen 2:1(2:0)
    Nikolic(12), Tanaka(42) -Wamser(53)

Duisburg-Wolfsburg 0:4(0:1)
    Popp(32), Oberdorf(49), Blomqvist(60), Rolfö(67)

Meppen-Hoffenheim 1:0(0:0)
    Winczko(58)

Sand-Bremen 6:1(1:1)
    Hoppius(3), Green(71), George(76), Loos(79), Moorrees(84), Plasmann(86) - Walkling(2)

Freiburg-Frankfurt 0:3(0:0)
    Feiersinger(59), Pawollek(74), Martinez(86)

2.Bundesliga Nord
    Jena-Bocholt 3:1
    Leipzig II-Wolfsburg II 1:1
    Mönchengladbach-Bielefeld 0:4:thumbsup:
    Gütersloh-Berghofen 3:0

Süd
    Andernach-Ingolstadt 1:3
    Saarbrücken-Köln 3:3 (First points lost for Köln but still 10 points ahead)
    Würzburg-Niederkirchen 5:0

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BM/Chelsea live on youtube(English version)

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lohmann scores! Bayern 1-0 13th minute

Lohmann repped this.
  5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Leupolz turns traitor to her former club & scores 1-1

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Since it was not her intention to score you should forgive her.

blissett repped this.
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sweden finally throws their alliances to Germany as Glas scores for Bayern, 2-1 59th minute mark

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2-1, good victory for Bayern,, now they can pretty much use the same~lay back & counter~tactics in the return bout. Chelsea can still win with an 1-0 victory in London, but missing was their direct soccer/long balling as well Sam Kerr, who was as scarred of the ball as she was when her Matildas took on Germany a few weeks ago. Interesting too that P Harder was taken out of the game so early on

overall, rather underwhelming once again from English soccer

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    did at least Hegering get credit with the assist? lol

I was watching the Frankfurt/Freiburg game on YouTube, but it was a little dull, so switched over to Sand vs Bremen, which turned into a scoring bonanza in the last few minutes with Sand scoring 3 goals for an impressive 6-1 win.

wonder why this club took so long to wake up?( as their still in 2nd to last place?)

Their best player I felt was Patricia George. She’s listed as an American, but played 1 game all ready for the Nigerian national team. She played for the U of Illinois, though only got 4 goals in 4 years to her credit(thought it be more with the blazing speed she comes down the left flank). Prior to college, she attended Von Steubon High School, which you would think is in Germany but actually as well in Illinois

well solid win by Bayern(either Glas or Lohmann for p.o.g?)hopefully it will influence more fans to give the Bundesliga a try instead of watching England’s overrated WSL

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sand had fired their coach Nora Häuptle after the defeat in Frankfurt and only one point (a draw against Duisburg:speechless:) out of their last eleven games. They have replaced her with Alexander Fischinger who had coached Sand in the season 2015/16 when Sand reached the DFB-Pokal final. Häuptle had been the only female coach in the 1.Bundesliga. Bremen had also recently changed their coach but it looks like it only helped in their first game when they defeated Leverkusen.

I guess that more buildings in America are named after Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben than in Germany.

If you tell everybody that apart from Bayern and Wolfsburg all clubs are dwarfs and amateurs it is not surprising that we don`t have more Bundesliga fans here.

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Well said.

Bundesliga's remains best in Europe, though La Liga is closing the distance fast.
    D1 also in top 3 and Damallsvenskan is following closely behind.
    FA WSL is seriously overrated with it's 4 Duisburgs ;)

Lohmann repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the one thing you got to appreciate is that the WSL has started to pay decent salaries to woso players, but so far this why has either the league or the English NT been so underachieving?

if we go by some of these top players list like the Guardian top 100, here’s how Chelsea & Bayern Munich would stack up

Chelsea; 1,7,16,25, 26, 39, 46,60, 63, 66, 67

BM; 41, 75, 80, 81, 94

so starting with #1, Harder, there’s supposedly 5 more players higher ranked than the top BM player, Magull. Then 5 more ranked higher till the 2nd BM comes in at #75. So definitely a monumental upset if BM can maintain their lead.

Looking at the other leagues; way too many teams(16) in the Spanish League where one squad dominates(Barca) not just as league leaders but also their NT squad(12-14 players on it)It’s hard to believe the other clubs are willing to spend enough money to compete with that

FRANCE words out that the budgets will be cut for both #3 & #4 ranked Bordeaux & Montpellier, so it will essentially remain a 2 team league & all ready PSG is loosing two starters; Parades & Moroni, so now they might have money problems too/ over a dozen of France’s 2nd tier NT players have moved over to either England or Spain

Bundesliga; they certainly got some great ‘schools of soccer’ taught by their clubs, but they haven’t kept up with salaries for players; even their only two full pro clubs, WOB & BM. I doubt if most players make an six figure salary/if I remember Mandy Islacker’s BM salary given to her in 2017 at 100K euros was the highest ever up to that time in the Bundesliga. How does that compare to the reported 600K salary given to Sam Kerr by Chelsea?

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #388 Lechus7, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    WSL will surely get to the top if they keep their developement at current pace. All long term investments need time to yield results. In short term bags of money may buy some success - now and then, but those are mercenary victories and FA WSL atm is pretty much a mercenary league.
    Chelsea's current problem - and to some extent a whole WSL's - isn't money. The current problem still is (as opposed to Bundesliga, D1, La Liga,) relatively small pool of quality players within domestic football system.
    It take's time to build a solid foundations. Germany, France or Spain are way past this point while England and Italy only started few years back.
    Youth football is a good indicator of how things are progressing. When English youth teams keep reaching semis on yearly basis at international level then FA WSL will quickly become the best in Europe.

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    o_O

It's 18 teams actually. But that's not the point. Spain has vast pool of quality players because La Liga has a lot of competitive teams.

Sporting Huelva - currently 11th in La Liga - last matches:

Sporting Huelva 2-1 RCD Espanyol (14th)
    (2nd) Levante UD 2 - 2 Sporting Huelva
    Sporting Huelva 4 - 2 Sevilla (8th)
    (6th) Madrid CFF 1 - 0 Sporting Huelva
    Sporting Huelva 1 - 2 Sociedad (4th)
    Sporting Huelva 1 - 0 Atletico Madrid (7th)
    (9th) Athletic Club 1 - 1 Sporting Huelva
    Sporting Huelva 2 - 1 Granadilla Tenerrife (5th)

Oh, I remember you were saying something while back about Japanese youth footballers not good enough for senior level giving an example of Yoko Tanaka.
    Guess what. She is playing in Sporting Huelva in top league in Europe.
    Small fry, eh? :rolleyes:

Other clubs not willing to spend enough money to compete with Barca?
    Inside country with very rich football culture and high level of competitivness between established clubs?
    You make me chuckle.
    I guess you forgot about those few pilot exhibition matches with packed stadiums before the pandemic struck. ;)

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so JoJo Elsig has just announced she’s not returning to Turbine Potsdam for next season this would the last star/NT player that the club had left. She didn’t mentioned where she’s heading, but an unconfirmed source says it might be an French team.
    With missing so much star power, Turbine been the biggest surprise of the year, so far at 4th place.... but with JoJo gone?

if you say so(Spain’s the best league) but a better way would be if they had RESULTS!
    while Spain NT looks good during most of the year(due to usually 8 Barca starters chemistry) they’ve failed rather badly major tournaments during having to put a deeper team together with players from other clubs

while Barca obviously going places in the Champions League with all the money they spend, usually the 2nd best club ends up loosing spectacularly in the CL—-if I remember one year, Wolfsburg beating Athletico 10-1 in one CL match. That score line would be on par with Wolfsburg playing against the Bundesliga’s last place team. But maybe things are changing these days?

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern vs Chelsea starting in an few minutes

lineups/probaby not the right configuration
    Capture-d-e-cran-2021-05-02-a-12-21-46.png

Lohmann repped this.
  17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    unfortunately due to Chelsea’s away goal, they take the actual lead

why didn’t just bunker at the beginning? Worry their going to get slaughtered in the open field

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    YAY, Bayern strikes back! and by goal by what i tho thought was the weakest starter in the lineup; Zadrazil

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Goal shortly before halftime by Chelsea and its 1-2, but now makes it even for the two legged series

again; wish Bayern would stop trying to run with an run n gun team like Chelsea?(please bunker & aim for the PK shootout, lol)

can anybody explain why Berrensteyn laid down while Chelsea took that free kick?(which on rebound led to the goal)

I’ve never seen that tactic before

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I probably saw that tactic once or twice: it has to be a last-time trend thing. Most likely the reason for this is having someone to cover a possible ground shot when the players in the wall jump.

Of course it didn't work, because Beerensteyn stood up too early to stop Ji's ground shot from the rebound, but maybe too late to let Benkarth see that same shot start. :coffee:

All in all, a silly "new wave" kind of thing, to my eyes.

hotjam2 repped this.
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Needing stability in midfield, Bayern brings on Dallmann, but at an cost of giving up their leading scorer, Schuller

Dallmann made an immediate impact, but Chelsea’s quick counters look oh do dangerous!

I honestly would bring in Laudehr, she did play dirty last last time out, but it did slow down the game a bit(I’m which favors Bayern)

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well 4-1 Chelsea, but least Bayern went down fighting! shades of Jorgie/WC 2018
    with Chelsea scoring at the open net

blissett repped this.
  24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1.FC Köln is promoted to the 1.Bundesliga with 5 games still to play because Andernach and Ingolstadt (13 points behind Köln) have not applied for a license for the 1.Bundesliga.

2.Bundesliga Nord
    Bocholt-Wolfsburg II 1:0
    Jena-Bielefeld 2:1
    Leipzig-Berghofen 3:1
    Gütersloh-Potsdam II 1:1

Süd
    Hoffenheim II-Köln 0:1
    Saarbrücken-Andernach 3:2
    Bayern II-Ingolstadt 2:0

blissett repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Having watched the 2nd half now, I'm mighty impressed by my Bayern, I thought they did a splendid job and played excellent football. Have definitely taken another step in the right direction this season, even when they might possibly end up with no trophies...

Lechus7 and Lohmann repped this.