Bundesliga 2020-21, die zwei Goliaths und zehn Dwarfs

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Are they allowed two or three clubs in their league to be in CL?

2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    3 - France, Germany, Spain, England, Sweden, Czechia
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 - Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, Kazakhstan, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Scotland, Russia, Belarus
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 - all other

Czechia and Italy should switch places within next few years.
    Kazakhstan and Belarus may also drop to 1 team as their place will be taken by Austria/Belgium/Poland/Portugal

Klingo3034 and blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope so. :p

4. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Paulina Krumbiegel has muscular problems.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    posted today by whoever runs the facebook German woso club/page; the all star team based this weekend's play. Couldn't agree more!(as I've all ready called out Cerci's & Brand's brlliant performaces/Eslig & Hendrich always been my faves)
    147395120_274456354024681_7681891333649296622_o.jpg

Lohmann repped this.
  6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Highlights Bayern-Meppen Magull:eek:

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you know it was coming;, a game highlight video of Cerci's day in the snow

Lohmann and Klingo3034 repped this.
  8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bauser repped this.
  9. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You should watch more youth/junior tournaments [emoji12]

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When, where? Even that’s all cancelled

watching the recent PSV-Zwolle woso game, I was struck how both well taught teams were able to bring the ball swiftly & smoothly upfield by nice, one touch passes, the Dutch school of soccer at it’s finest!
    But I also got the feeling particularly with Zwolle, that the moment an individual player stands out, she’s gets gobbled up by an richer, foreign club. And then look what happens like Yesterday’s Arsenal game where they got stuck playing crappy tactics for an crappy coach, so all the masterly Dutch school of soccer training goes down the drain!
    Zwolle is the club that just signed Mario Goetze? Haven’t kept up with recent men’s soccer, so don’t know if he’s still an viable player or an has been, but either way, I’m willing to bet Goetze’s salary is more than the entire Zwolle woso team combined! And that In an nutshell, is what’s wrong with current women’s soccer

11. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Duisburg-Leverkusen and Freiburg-Sand cancelled.

Is this the Netherlands thread?:confused: Mario Götze plays for PSV.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    back to German soccer; with all the cancellations, what esle is there to do but watch more....Cerci videos!
    here's one who's caption begets the question guessing only Blissett can answer;

a blast from the past, uber hottie Jenny Cramer making a comeback as she goes to play for the Pink Sport Barry's of Italy. She was good enough to make the 2013 Euro &2015 WC suqads, but she will always be most remembered as the one Nadine Angerer stiffed

another Laura Freigang vid, not the best quality, but as they say, beggers can't be choosers!

Lohmann repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, actually I don't think I can answer the question. Why Italy in particular should be afraid of Cerci? I'll admit that the first time you mentioned her, some weeks ago, I did wonder if she was of Italian descent, because Cerci sounds indeed like an Italian surname, but when I found that her first name was Selina, that isn't Italian at all, I concluded that she probably wasn't.

Can you give some more insight about the question?

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's more like the one zealous Italian youtuber seems to like her. He/she's posts daily vids on woso soccer games & players(did the Freigang one as well)
    Renato Marini - YouTube

Cerci has an nice Instagram following, looks likes she's becoming an establishing player as well
    Selina Cerci (@selinacerci) • Instagram photos and videos

blissett repped this.
  15. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only two games left after Potsdam-Meppen was cancelled. Bayern-Bremen and Wolfsburg-Hoffenheim (live on YT)

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sadly, I wouldn't be able to see this game, as the YT screen says '"not available in your(my) country" I would loved to watch but don't think HOF really has much of a chance; for one, they usually start the game playing with an predictable, diagonal passing pattern between the GK, the 2 CB's & lone DM, which screams out loud;
    YOUR WELCOME TO INTERCEPT THE BALL AT WILL Plus their trying to turn their right FB, Rall, into an go upfield, attacking player, but she's sloppy at it & if she looses the ball, it's instant counter attack by WOB against their weakest link,, yep, the two underwheming CB's HOF's got for defence. WOB hs not looked great in recnet games, but this time their going against a team that's not going to park the bus, so it be easier to score.
    .................................................................................................................................

interesting rumor going on; Frankfurt wants to buy both Goessling & Rolfo from WOB. This could make them finally contenders for next season as well as nice to see anothe league team stepping up other than the 2 dominant ones.. Just wonder why WOB wants to give up such quality players? Take it Goessling is not getting any younger at 34 years of age, but WOB has made her an starting CB, even in front of Doursoon & Rolfo was an starter for Sweden's award winning, 3rd place team at the WC. We'll see what transpires.........

17. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #242 Lohmann, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #243 Lohmann, Feb 14, 2021
    Bayern-Bremen 7:0(3:0)
    Schüller(9,45,62), Magull(16), Bühl(50), Simon(60), Hegering(71)

Wolfsburg-Hoffenheim 0:0 at HT. Not much has happened so far. I hope for a more eventful second half.

Edit: Huth scores with some luck the 1:0 for Wolfsburg and shortly thereafter Jakabfi is unlucky with a header that hits the inner post.

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wolfsburg-Hoffenheim 1:0(0:0)
    Huth(55)

Deserved win for Wolfsburg after a better second half. Goeßling shot a penalty against the post. Wolfsburg has now 16 wins in 16 Bundesliga games against Hoffenheim.

1.Bayern 42
    2.Wolfsburg 37
    3.Hoffenheim 28
    4.Potsdam 22(2 games less)

20. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #245 desinho, Feb 14, 2021
    Uefa youtube channel live. This one stood out at the 2019 U17 Euro's mostly because of her Kampfgeist/competitiveness and running ability (in other words the good ole German core values of old [emoji1]). Not very impressed by this generation otherwise. Lot of hype about Corley then but underwhelming to me ...
    Brand played both left-and right back at that tournament and also made the team of the tournament (as did Corley and a few others; Weidauer probably one too)

Would love to see Rolfö at Frankfurt, Goessling maybe for experience? Many years past her prime already...

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #246 hotjam2, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    U17 is a bit too early to know what the future holds, quite a few promising stars have yet to live up to their expectations; Fuso, Pina, Huitema

I did watch however the u19 semi finals from that year between Germany & Netherlands and that proved to be a barn burner, but got to remember Germany could of but didn’t have Oberdorf, Lohmann & Buhl(who all moved up to the senior NT all ready).

it’s too bad that Wiegman didn’t believe in nourishing those u19’s into her NT. I mean I know some of them are officially on the Dutch NT, but aren’t getting playing time since Wiegman’s keeps on starting her core 14 players even against the easiest opponents like Kosovo & Estonia. Even that u19 squad could of beaten them, but instead are now languishing in the rather weak, amateur Erie League.

so got to give a lot of credit to MVT for stringing her pups right along to a point where Oberdorf & Lohmann were now voted best players on the NT. Of course, mostly likely what I even more helped is that now Germany is the benefit of an explosion of young female participants in woso after they won the WC 18 year’s ago.

looking forward to the Germany/Holland game next week. I don’t think it’s cut & dry that Germany will win; one thing that Wiegman is good at is changing tactics, so we really don’t really know yet how she’ll play it in this game.
    Not so with MVT, she been very predictable as she’s very obsessive/compulsive into ‘possession’ style soccer. On occasion you’ll see an long ball unleashed, but only if the other team is lulled into sleep. Even last game when Germany all ready qualified for the Euros & Ireland needed the desperate win, MVT insisted on total ball control for most of the time & only stayed back in the last dying minutes & played counter attacking football.

Oddly Wiegman decided to copy possession style vs the US. So if we see it again(both teams spending a horrendous waste of time back passing the ball to its own team mates) the game might just become more tedious then exciting

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here is the all-star team of the week based on the two games played
    150596744_279274926876157_3369662347755381961_o.jpg
    highlightsof WOB/HOF. got to say once again on my fav Wassmuth, Why Tabea, why you got to be so unselfish? She stole the ball from Goessling, has nobody in front of her..........and still passes the ball to Billa(who of course, screws up the play)

there was some debate whether WOB's goal went across the goal line, but thanks to an camera man...
    150611207_2209390055859420_5540419987390038039_n.jpg

Lohmann repped this.
  23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #248 Lohmann, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Frankfurt-Duisburg cancelled.
    First Frankfurt Coach Niko Arnautis and two players had a positive Corona test and now also also two Duisburg players were tested positive.

Lara Dickenmann will finish her career at the end of the season.

DFB want to continue the 2.Bundesliga on 21st March.

24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB-Pokal last 16
    Potsdam-Sand 2:1(1:1)
    Ehegötz(14), Gerhardt(58) - Plasmann(33)

Bremen-Meppen 2:2aet Pen:5:3
    Hausicke(28), Tarczynska(105) - Krug(61), Flaws(101)

DFB-Pokal quarterfinal draw (20.3/21.3)
    Wolfsburg-Bremen
    Andernach-Frankfurt
    Hoffenheim-Bayern
    Freiburg-Potsdam

DFB-Pokal semifinal draw (3.4/4.4)
    Winner Andernach/Frankfurt-Winner Freiburg/Potsdam
    Winner Wolfsburg/Bremen-Winner Hoffenheim/Bayern:eek:

blissett and Klingo3034 repped this.