Bundesliga 2019-20, better than a shot of Jagermeister!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Jul 19, 2019.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I had that impression too, and if there was a team that went somehow close to scoring it was Barça. Come commenting on the Champions' League thread. :)

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, but it’s always the anti German bias that you have to deal with over there

Final score WOB 1, Barca 0

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Barca didn’t outplay Wolfsburg, but they should’ve at least been able to put one of their chances
    The only danger was Hansen getting past Wedemeyer who was isolated at times, weirdly enough. Should’ve marked Hansen better, but then I saw Lerch coaching Wolfsburg to play more out wide - a risk that payed off because Barcelona didn’t take any of their chances

4. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just wow! If the news are confirmed, Chelsea are sure building a sort of dream team, with the clear intention of taking Wolfburg's place in competing vs OL! :eek: I lost count of the big names in their squad, but for sure no other club except OL is filled up with so much quality.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    don't know how reliable this source is, perhaps Lohmann can tell us more. But Harder had contract clause that said any team can buy her out before the season ends(though they'll have to pay a pretty penny for it). From reading more into, Pernille's salary should be around 350K an year, which is probably a lot hire than Wolfsburg paying her

8. desinho

desinho Member

Liverpool FC
    Spain
    Aug 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #358 desinho, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Thought she was making 500k euro at Wolfsburg (or maybe it was for the duration but would be low) . 350k is the fee Chelsea would have to pay to Wolfsburg...

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was already clear that Harder would leave at the latest in 2021 when her contract with Wolfsburg ends. She wants to play in a team with Eriksson. Chelsea wanted to buy Harder in February but they offered Wolfsburg only 300000€ which is less than the sum in the buyout clause. The buyout clause has ended so that it is Wolfsburg`s decision if they sell Harder. Wolfsburg says that they want to concentrate on the final and don`t want to comment this now.

blissett and hotjam2 repped this.
  10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Surprise surprise... Wolfsburg’s slowly losing its position in women’s football I’m afraid (to the point that they’ll still be a team to count on but)

Chelsea has signed Kerr and Leupolz already so it will be interesting to see :rolleyes:

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t know what her salary is at Wolfsburg, but she’s was the last remaining foreign superstar in the whole Bundesliga as they just hadn’t stayed up to par with the higher salaries offered by some of the other leagues(England, Spain, France).
    What the Bundi been good at is developing new players & most clubs having both an A & B teams(with the B playing in 2nd division). Having a B team(with its extra staff & players) is probably why they can’t afford the stronger salaries but it does seem to pay dividends(as Germany still remains a strong force in both youth & senior national teams)

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pernille Harder was voted female Player of the year by German sports journalists.
    1.Pernille Harder(Wolfsburg) 212
    2.Alexandra Popp(Wolfsburg) 76
    3.Dzsenifer Marozsan(Lyon) 36
    4.Lena Oberdorf(Essen) 20
    5.Lena Goeßling(Wolfsburg) 14
    6.Melanie Leupolz(Bayern) 10
    7.Lea Schüller(Essen) 9
    8.Marina Hegering(Essen) 8
    9.Svenja Huth(Wolfsburg) 6
    10.Giulia Gwinn(Bayern) 4
    Leonie Maier(Arsenal) 4

There were some bizarre votes: I didn`t knew that Thomsen is a sport journalist but Babett Peter got a vote!:ROFLMAO: Also the goalkeeper Monique Eichhorn from Regionalliga club Union Berlin got a vote.:eek:https://www.fupa.net/spieler/monique-eichhorn-545537.html

The new Bundesliga season starts next week. We need a new thread.

blissett repped this.
  13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I wish Peter all the best in Madrid, hopefully she'll end her a career on a high note there :thumbsup: Also saw that she and Ella Masar are going to be parents, congrats with that too

blissett repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Darn, these soccer girls get around; I thought Masar was married to Canadian Gk Erin McLeod?

Lohmann; any direct links to today’s CL final?

15. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you going to come following it on the Champions' League thread, despite what you call "the anti-German bias", @hotjam2? :)

(I'll admit I'll of course root for OL :p).

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    unless I can find an direct link, I might not be able to watch it at all(almost never got to see it in the past) so far, no direct link to UEFA/geo blocked on German Sport 1/ US didn't renew my CBS All access account---so it's wait & see for me
    funny how Oberdorf & Goessling got no playing in the CL semis(ok, Oberdorf maybe ten minutes) Hegering sprobably scored more owns goals than vs opponents!
    trying to come up with a solid name, all I got now

Bundy 2020-21 Die Twei Riesinnen und Ten Dwarfs!

18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is `Twei`?

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you support Maro it`s okay.:)

blissett repped this.
  20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so their starting Goessling & Blasse in liue of Hendrich & Wedermeyer, so their sacrificing defence for creativity?

live

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wolfsburg's a sinking ship
    they need reinforcements everywhere

I mean what does it tell me about Rauch's position in this team when she doesn't even get to start anymore, and then Lerch does basically everything so she won't get on the pitch lol with Doorsoun and now moving Janssen out instead of subbing Rauch into the game :unsure:

And yeah right, Rauch's never been particularly good. Sure talented but... you don't become an amazing player overnight just because you play for Wolfsburg and not Potsdam

blissett repped this.
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2-0 halftime for Lyon
    my two cents worth; Lerch made a terrible mistake starting Blasse & Goessling(or at least at CB where she can't defend)) and then placing Doorsoun at right FB. It's the first time I've seen Doursoon play at that right side, I mean. what coach on earth would start someone in an brand new spot in such an important game?

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, Cascarino just slaughtered her.

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Doorsoun played RB against Barcelona
    but yeah LB this game... basically what I said about the whole Rauch situation

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    my bad, mean't first time at left back......

blissett repped this.