Bundesliga 2019-20, better than a shot of Jagermeister!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Jul 19, 2019.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, liar! :)

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :ROFLMAO: I wanted to quote some opinions from the Nadeshiko thread 2014 but it looks like this is not possible.
    So I have to quote them here myself:
    lukephan: As much as I like Nadeshiko, I don`t think ball crossed the line
    zaku_II: Probably not goal:(
    blesstherebel: I think it can be argued both ways, but calling it anon-goal is probably fair game
    blissett: Now rewatch replay of the chance you were talking about: I agree it`s difficult to say
    Gromit06: Very hard, even impossible, to say if the ball crossed the line or not, because it was in the air at the crucial moment. When on the ground, it didn`t, definitely...
    And G: After rewatching the near-goal situation, I have the following observations:
    The ball most likely did not cross the line

blissett repped this.
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    She’s played in Germany’s last 5 games; one start, 4 off the bench. She only capped when Horst H became coach & didn’t play in Germany’s only defeat in over 2 years(the WC loss vs Sweden).

Her really decent 1v1 skills gives the NT a bit more diversity then it previous had. But at 29 years old, I agree that she might eventually get axed due to an new ‘golden generation’(though I’m not fully convinced it’s emerging just yet).

it will also depend if Huth & Bremer(who are in the similar, right side winger role) remain healthy, if either one gets injured again, I can see Turid making the 2022 Euro squad(especially since MVT not interested in my fav winger, Tabea Wassmuth!)

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I know now that Wolfsburg won’t stand a chance against Lyon...

5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    With Ada Hergerberg recovering, pretty much Wolfsburg have no chance at all.

blissett repped this.
  6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is very doubtful if Ada Hegerberg will be helpful for OL in the CL at all. Normally players with a ACL need some time after recovering from their injury before they reach their previous quality.
    Also OL would first have to beat Bayern and then Arsenal or PSG.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    are you saying this cuz Gunnersdottir scored the 1st post COVID-19 goal for them? But that was against an easy Polish squad. Lyon was going to play friendlies vs PSG & a tough NWSL team, but both got cancelled.
    One must worry though if it’s an good idea for WOB to keep using the 3-back in lieu of defensive FB’s as they got previously burned on the counters By Lyon

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    no I’m saying this because Wolfsburg is on a decline and I suspect it will get worse
    and losing Gunnarsdottir is a huge loss

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #309 hotjam2, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    they lost Gunnarsdottir, Lindahl & Maritz, but the last two are easily replaceable and their getting Hendrich Oberdorf & Bremer, if they can figure out correctly how to use those newbies, they actually should be stronger.

Their problem next season finding good enough competition as once again the rest of the league has been severely weakened(cept for BM)

if you go by the 26 players currently rostered on the NT; 15 will either be on BM or WOB, 4 play outside the country, leaving only 7 left to be shared by the rest of the league(and of course whatever’s left of the bigger name foreigners are also only on BM & WOB)

on the other hand, Germany still developes youth players faster than any other country in the world, guess it’s cuz they send them into the cauldron(play D1 soccer rather early)

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2.Bundesliga will next season be split up in two groups North and South.
    North (10 teams)
    Carl Zeiss Jena (former USV Jena) (relegated)
    VfL Wolfsburg II (2.)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach (5.)
    1.FFC Turbine Potsdam II (7.)
    FSV Gütersloh 2009 (9.)
    BV Cloppenburg (10.)
    Arminia Bielefeld (14.)
    Borussia Bocholt 1960 (promoted)
    SV Berghofen 1912 (promoted)
    RasenBallsport Leipzig (promoted)

South (9 teams)
    1.FC Köln (relegated)
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim II (3.)
    FC Ingolstadt 04 (6.)
    Bayern München II (8.)
    SG 99 Andernach (11.)
    1.FC Saarbrücken(12.)
    Eintracht Frankfurt II (former 1.FFC Frankfurt II) (13.)
    Würzburger Kickers (promoted)
    1.FFC 08 Niederkirchen (promoted)

From each group one team will be promoted to the 1.Bundesliga. The last three teams from North and the last two teams from South will be relegated. The teams in 7th place will have a play-off and the loser will also be relegated. In the season 2021/22 the 2.Bundesliga will be back to only one group.

blissett repped this.
  11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Will teams north and south play some games against each other?

12. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doubt it. Splitting the league into two entities is going to reduce travel/costs. An important issue particularly these days.

Lohmann repped this.
  13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Köln was unlucky to get in the South group despite Cologne being slightly more north than Jena. All other five teams from North Rhine-Westphalia are in the North group.

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like Eintracht Frankfurt is putting a big challenge for.......3rd place, by acquiring Praniskar from Turbine Potsdam. This will give them 2 of the top 6 scorers from last season & plus Germany’s current #1 GK in Frohms. Looking where our ‘fair & balanced’ league stands on German NT’s;
    (Picking on the 26 rostered on the DFB website)

BM 8(Dallmann, Gwinn, Magull, Lohmann, Buhl, Schuller,,Hegering , Bankarth

WOB 7(Popp, Huth, Bremer, Oberdorf, Hendrich, Rauch, Doursoon)

EF 3(Frohms, Freigang, Kleineheme)

POT 1(Elsig)

HOF 1(Lattwein)

rest on foreign squads;
    Marozsan(Lyon)
    Dabritz(PSG)
    Petermann(Montpelier)
    Leupolz(Chelsea
    Berger(Chelsea)
    Maier(Arsenal)
    Knaak(Athletico Madrid)

15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Interesting. With RedBull money available, do you think RB Leipzig will be a future powerhouse in the 1.Bundesliga? Are they ambitious with their women's team?

16. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Based on where they started and where they are at now. Yes their evil plans are working and they will invest heavily to compete to get there.

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    question; according to the link. Wassmuth is attending university on an ‘athletic’ scholarship. Yet she plays for Hoffenheim pro club instead of her own college. So why would they given her an scholarship if she don’t play for them?

)confusing for me, since here in the US, if an college going to give you an athletic scholarship, you got to play for them)

18. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Perhaps the club is paying for it?

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The idea of the sports scholarship is to allow athletes to study and practice their sport at a top level at the same time.
    https://www2.uni-mannheim.de/stipendium/english/Mannheim Sports Scholarship/
    There are athletes from many sports who are supported by a scholarship but they all still compete for their clubs. They would only compete for their university in competitions like Hochschulmeisterschaften or Universiade.
    https://www.uni-mannheim.de/stipend...-mrn/unsere-stipendiatinnen-und-stipendiaten/
    Five Hoffenheim players have a sports scholarship: Fabienne Dongus, Lena Lattwein, Maximiliane Rall, Fatma Sakar and Tabea Waßmuth.

The sports scholarships are financed by the family Greinert and the Dietmar Hopp foundation. So the Hoffenheim players play for the person who has financed their scholarship.:laugh:

hotjam2 repped this.
  20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RB wants to reach the 1.Bundesliga and the Champions League but currently the most prominent persons are working outside the field: Viola Odebrecht, Anna Felicitas Sarholz and Anja Mittag. Köln is playing in the other group so that RB has a chance to get promoted next season without investing much money. So far RB has got two new talented players in Vanessa Fudalla and Franziska Gaus for next season.

Klingo3034, blissett and Bauser repped this.
  21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The game schedule for next season is published. The cup finalists Wolfsburg and Essen will open the season.
    You get find the pairings here:
    https://www.dfb.de/flyeralarm-fraue...h=/competitions/14/seasons/current/matchday/1
    Wolfsburg plays already on matchday 2 in Hoffenheim and the match between Bayern and Wolfsburg is on matchday 9.

In the 2.Bundesliga there are rumours that BV Cloppenburg will likely withdraw their team due to financial problems. Many players have already left the club.

Klingo3034 and blissett repped this.
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    don’t expect much of a game this time around, Essen is loosing 6 players from the Cup final; all 4 NT’s(Oberdorf Schuller Knaak Heggering) plus you their other starting CB Bruggemann & Ramona Petzelberger(who might of/might of not invented the world famous Pretzel burger!). Don’t know yet where the last two are headed it just retiring. Probably missing for a while will be Anyomi who suffered an injury in that Cup final.

Caro Siems, formally of Potsdam has now officially signed with Ashton Villa, as well as loosing leading scorer, Prazinkar to Frankfurt. Somehow I think Potsdam will still do okay; for one, Mellisa Kossler will be returning from playing American college ball where she had 11 goals & 7 assists for the U of Massachusetts. Other German girls like Lena Petermann & Laura Freigang have done really well after playing college ball.

Lohmann repped this.
  23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nina Brüggemann will play in Leverkusen.
    https://www.bayer04.de/en-us/news/frauen/nina-brueggemann-signs-for-bayer-04-women
    The new club of Petzelberger is not known yet.

24. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Former club: SGS Essen
    New club:???
    I didn`t mean that the club is new in general but that it is new for Petzelberger.
    Petzelberger hasn`t told us yet for which club she will play next season.