Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Highlights are out
    Once again Demann looks highly influential for Bayern with her passes coming from behind... :whistling:

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And lmao is Wolfsburg's plans to use Peter and Dickenmann as FBs this season...? :cautious: as Batfink said; this is the obvious weakness of Wolfsburg and they don't do anything about it lol

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Magull started in CM next to Skorvankova, Roord sat in a more advanced CAM role, with Lohmann and Diabritz out wide, leaving Rolser up front as the lone forward.

So it's obvious right now, like many clubs at the start of the season, Bayern's first 11 still isn't 100% defined just yet, and will probably continue to change even more over the first half of this season.
    Both Meinert's U-19/20 teams were said to be very very poor tactically (I didn't see the U-19's), completely unable to attack with any kind of fluidity and cohesion.

So I don't think it would have made any difference for Lohmann to be at the U-20 WWC, as it's pretty obvious she's a soon to be senior international anyway, and wouldn't have progressed any further stuck in the mess of the U-20 team.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #79 Batfink, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    They don't need to evolve if it's within a league they constantly face opponents with coaches too tactically inept to even attempt attacking their suspect FB's.
    I keep saying Magull is potentially a better player in a CM role for a team like Bayern. And now with Roord finally contributing goals/assists, I wonder how long it will be before the mid-field trio of Magull - Roord - Hendrich becomes a regular occurrence....

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know why Potsdam are still not using Petermann, as her goal and assist record last season was better than Kemme, and they could really use that kind of influence within their team.

Frankfurt's new coach might not be there very long lol, having his team of international talent destroyed by a Hoffenheim side lacking two of their best players from last season.

With this seasons Freiburg probably having a bigger/deeper depth of squad now, but clearly for a team in transition too; meaning their UCL or domestic cup hopes increasingly smaller the longer it takes for their coach to gain access to his strongest 11.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    As long as Leupolz’s fit - she will play. Dunno about Lohmann out on the wing really, especially not when Rolfö gets fit again
    :cautious: Skorvankova ain’t no starter though when everyone’s fit

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Skorvankova's role is clearly to be a very good squad player... but when Hendrich is healthy enough to play 90 mins, I don't see how she stays a substitute.

Lohmann is a CM, and will probably prefer to fight for playing time in her natural role, rather than challenging for playing time next to Rolfo, Däbritz, Beerensteyn, and Gerhardt.

So even if Leupolz is the current team captain, she's going to be facing a true career defining test to stop Magull, Hendrich, Lohmann, Roord, from gaining serious match time.

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    SO squad is out against Austria

So no surprised that Peter’s there despite not deserving a call up at all but what the hell is Turid Knaak doing there

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well Knaak seems more lively than Schuller in both of the games Essen's played. Did see that someone named Niels Nielson was named the Swiss future NT coach. That does mean MVT takes over now, or Horst is still in charge?

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Horst's still in charge
    let's talk about this in the NT thread...

there's no real DM or CM really in this German squad lol

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They used Meister as a CB replacement for Kiwic, and to be honest, I think it may have actually resulted in Meister finding her best position for this seasons version of Potsdam if their going to continue using a 3-5-2.

Plus with Schwalm providing them with more energy in mid-field, it means their probably only the removal of Dieckmann (why, and how, is Dieckamnn starting for Potsdam, previously accomplishing absolutely NOTHING for consecutive seasons at the leagues worst teams..?), and the regular starting of Petermann, from being a good team again.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I told you Peter's time wasn't over. As long as Neid and Ballweg remain senior figures within the wnt program, you'll continue to see highly unprofessional decisions like this being made.

And I agree with your views on Knaak too, as her inclusion seems unnecessary knowing Dallmann, Däbritz, Schüller, Schweers, Huth, Gwinn, are all better than her.

So knowing Hrubesch's recent choice for starting 11, the current squad seems to have gone back to being highly unbalanced again; and this with him supposedly thinking about the future puppet's WC preparations lol.

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's a bummer, Germany might just have the best AM's in the world(Dallmann, Magull, Dabritz, Marozsan) a fifth, if you add your love dovey, Popp. But it don't have one world class CB nor striker & you just can't switch these players around either & turn them into natural fwds/CB's
    I would say whoever wins the WC, will have their best players spread out in a variety of spots. Right now France & US have top players in almost all positions but one, and that ironically is at AM!

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But Peter will not play luckily. She won’t, but anyway it’s good to see her on the bench again because she probably doesn’t realise it herself that her days are done and dusted.

Knaak actually imo managed to look rather poor against Fairoe Island lol. But we’re seeing again a squad without any true midfielders although I genuinely believe Däbritz and Popp would do well for Germany... but Popp’s a striker for some reasons... Däbritz’s gonna play CM for sure though. Bayern’s gonna play today though, live stream on Facebook if you wanna see them in action. Leupolz’s spared after a slight injury.

Hotjam:

I’m pretty sure that Elsig’s shown plenty of times that she has it but needs NT experience and CL games to really prove herself although I really dislike when she doesn’t bother to run back. Demann’s a class CB.

Yeah while Germany have lethal AMs who could score goals, they’re simply just missing a good enough midfield although the problem could be solved when Kemme returns and when Popp’s playing midfielder instead of a double striker with Schüller...

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bayern's going easy tonight resting their best players for the upcoming match against Wolfsburg

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So Wolfsburg won 2-0 where Peter saw herself playing RB, then Blässe was subbed on so Peter played LB, then Wolter got her debut so Peter played later as a midfielder :confused:

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Horst only plays with a lone AM & DM(Dabritz & Leupolz( then uses two wingers for outside mids(Huth & Schweers). HENCE It's hard to find starting places for Dallmann & Magull. Even more so when Maro & Kemme return

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey, Popp's stats as a club level CM last season speak for themselves... so don't get annoyed with people if their used as a prime example why she's clearly evolved into something more than a FW; even if it sounds counter counterintuitive to her current role within the senior wnt.

And I don't understand your argument that you can't convert players into new roles either, as the USwnt's entire team history seems to be comprised of former forwards who've all been converted into defenders or mid-fielders to find a regular place within the starting 11.

So why do you continue to use one rule for Germany, and a completely different set of rules for everybody else?

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #95 Batfink, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    HA! WC history would say the exact opposite though, where good team work and solid cohesion will often compensate for most teams only ever possessing one or two world class individuals within an otherwise standard talent pool of international quality players.

For various reasons, the German wnt has just lost that club level ability to combine a few genuine stars within a strong collective group ethic, all following the same game plan.

Lol, everybody just witnessed a title holding German wnt exit a Euro's finals early, where their starting 11 consisted of a back 4 of Blässe - Henning - Peter - Kerschowski...:speechless:, within a supposedly attacking formation/system few could understand then, or even remember now.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, your constant faith in this is amusing, but I don't think Peter's going anywhere as long as Neid and Ballweg are part of this program.

It's doesn't matter how good others look, or how underwhelming Peter's abilities remain, key people within the wnt will stick to a flawed belief her past experience on the bench of a successful wnt, supersedes anything we currently see on the field right now .

And I honestly prefer seeing Däbritz further forward in the attack too, which is why I'm not truly understanding the need for Knaak to be any part of the national team anymore, when it's with her competing for a potential AM position which is already fast becoming filled with superior options.

So even if it can be argued some of these current wide options are also used in other roles, I still believe it would be better seeing youngsters like Gwinn, Gerhardt, Bühl, Wieder given chances to train with the seniors now, especially knowing how poor the tactical integration with the junior wnt's will continue to be.

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Horst's style,; he's kept the defense well grounded(as compared to Neid & Jones playing especially the FB's way up/out of position. But Horst did make regulars out of Schuler & Doursoon & going with his two biggest games(Iceland & vs only top ten team he's coached so far, Canada) he's also preferred Leupolz & Schweers over better players.

So just sayin; are those four players world class beaters? Schuler been so far a disappointment at Essen in their first two games(but seems to have perfected under Horst)

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So your saying Popp's form as a CM for Wolfsburg means nothing for her potential as a CM for the national team...? And your saying this because you feel Leupolz has done better in CM for Hrubesch?

Schweers was always a good player, and has finally been given responsibility with Hrubesch, while there's been a few players like Doursoon who could have taken over from Peter a long time ago too.

But I'm still highly skeptical Leupolz is performing at a equal or better standard than Popp, Magull, Hendrich, Goeßling, as a CM; and still feel that one of these youngsters like Lohmann, Ebert, Fellhauer, Feldkamp, could easily surpass her current form in the next 12 months too.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... just like my point addressing this topic of subjective quality suggests, Doursoon, Schüller, Leupolz, Schweers, are simply appearing like strong players now, because their within a slightly stronger/more defined wnt system.

And this is why I feel your bias against Popp being a strong CM unjustified, as the wnt really doesn't need or require 2 forwards in the starting 11 to be a goal threat, with Popp's form at club level last season completely eclipsing anything witnessed by Leupolz for the national team right now.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So with somebody like Schüller still being a young player part of a very inconsistent club team, where a poor defense and a weak mid-field will always handicap their international caliber forwards abilities to dominate any match they play, I find it weird that you feel her form underwhelming, when it's clearly the same scenario witnessed with other players like Doursoun or Demann.

You know, players previously playing for weak club teams, but clearly displaying individual qualities within those weaker teams that could become even stronger around better players of the national team.