Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Essen will score at least one goal today, but their defense still isn't strong enough to stop Wolfsburg from scoring 3, 4, or 5.

So I'll mainly be watching this match to see how Oberdorf looks in her new CM role, facing an opponent who'll test her tactical maturity; but will also want to see if Essen's coach actually brave enough to use Dallmann in a role she can positively effect the match too.

EDIT: lol and now I see Oberdorf's not playing...

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Forget what I said lol... this is going to be a very easy victory for Wolfsburg. Other than the weak defense, Essen's attack options aren't anything like I thought they would be.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so selfie queen, Manjou Wilde, made it to captain, lol

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wonder why Essen insists on battling WOB at the halfway line. their getting murdered on counters

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    0-0 tie at h.t., like to see Essen bring in Anyomi, they could use the muscle she brings. In the meantime Lea Schuller can't seem to imprint herself into this game

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'll give Essen one thing; they are brave, so creds for that

Alexandra Popp should've had two assists, and once again she's showing why I much more prefer her in a midfield role than as a forward with Schüller. I don't think Doorsoun has impressed at all, I hope for more good balls from her in the second half.

Babett Peter should've had a goal though as this is what everyone dreams off: being in the box of the opposition completely unmarked, then to receive a flawless ball with no bounce just a normal pass and then shoot... unfortunately for her she couldn't get it on goal

I hope Essen can tie though so Bayern can build up a lead...
    I notice though that Magull scored two goals and Leupolz didn't even play...

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And yes, I was really excited to see Oberdorf as well so shame that she's not playing... I wonder why?

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Poor coaching...? As Essen seem to do this EVERY time they face Wolfsburg.

Klasen might be one of the best attacking, but defensively mindless FB's I've seen in this league too lol, only being saved by the good work of Brüggemann, Knaak, and Wolfsburg's awful finishing.

Plus with Wu not being offensively competent, I don't honestly understand what the coaching is thinking to start her ahead of somebody like Anyomi, in a match Wolfsburg's RB is Peter, a defender known to struggle with 1v1 duels.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well she's only 16, so why push it? besides Essen GK's looks younger that her! lol

A. Popp's indecisiveness is why she's not one of my favorite players/though the potential is always there

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well why not give her some time against top opposition except from Peter to give her a taste of where the level is

ohh Wolfsburg scored... Harder

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When she was substituted on her league debut away from home, it came with her being applauded off the field due to how impressive her overall performance was.

That's not happening because Oberdorf's just another impressive young player, and that's why people wanted to see what she can do versus the league toughest opposition.
    LOL, your blaming Popp for providing perfect assists, only to see various players on her team miss them...?

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Alex Popp got her assist

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it's Popp getting those assists with an world all star team by her side vs an undermanned Essen with no defense on their flanks & now she just knocks out of action their GK

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    wow... I think Johannes just suffered the exact same type of non contact ankle break Wensing went through.

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So everyone who does assist for Wolfsburg shouldn't get credit for it because they're playing for Wolfsburg...?

I think Popp's Germany's best player atm, and she has everything to be a really strong box to box midfielder instead of wasting her on top for Germany

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg aren't that good... but Essen's defense is 100% as bad as I thought it was prior to the match starting.

But if it was so easy to create chances, why is it consistently Popp and not her more celebrated attack minded peers...?

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Commentator said she's probably broken her foot
    Going to the hospital to check it

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even with the inferior quality within his squad, I always feel like Essen's coach incapable of selecting a team to take advantage of his players best attributes.

Like never recruiting any defenders, means his best mid-field options continue to be exposed for their weak defensive attributes.

And with a decent amount of strength in attacking areas, I still don't understand how every match versus Wolfsburg ends the same way; this with Essen looking like a bottom 3 club.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Probably...?

She 100% snapped her ankle trying to block Popp's pass. Her foot taking all her body weight, making it shift perpendicular to the rest of her leg, just like the injury Wensing suffered.

You can see on the replay where her right foot gets stuck in the turf, and turns back on it's self to the point of breaking.

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Let's hope Johannes's career ends like Wensing's... Yeah she's playing but her career should've become much more than playing for Werder Bremen...

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hope they don't show Essen vs Wolfsburg matches anymore. Essen's coach never wants to attack Wolfsburg's weakness with his best players, and Wolfsburg have easy matches carving through Essen's awful defensive shape, highlighted by Klasen's constant inability to accomplish the basics of whats required as a modern FB.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wensing's story isn't over yet, but somebody like Marina Hegering is real example of what can happen when persistent long term injuries continue to stifle the development of a promising youth international.

So it's going to take a few years to know if Johannes will ever return to playing football at the same standard she's at right now, but as long as there's no major complications with rehabilitation, I think ankle breaks are injuries young players can overcome.

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    since so far there's no highlights, here was the lineups/scoreboard for hte BM/Duisburg game
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/matc.../fc-bayern-munchen/fcr-2001-duisburg/2821921/

Islacker subs in for lil Leo, lok. Henrich is back, but subs for Roord. No signs of Leupolz, Rolfo & Behringer(take it all on the injury). Laudehr is rostered but no playing time. The coach seems to like Skorvankia & Lohmann(though Meinert didn't pick her for the u20 WC)

Magull got 3 goals so far(chasing Pajor who had a hat trick yesterday, Dabritz & Islacker both got 2

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid