Bulldog guys - Why so standoffish?

Discussion in 'Colorado Supporters Clubs' started by JasonMa, Oct 21, 2010.

1. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Why dont yall cheer together on one side of the terrace. Leave the other terrace section for the freeloaders and gawkers?

2. Hoolie Dave

Hoolie Dave New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believe me, we have proposed all types of changes without much luck as of yet. We asked for Terraces to get closer together, we asked for them to be made wider, taller, deeper, to have no gap at all, to have them move together after the procession, allow more people into the Terrace area, have just one huge Terrace, have something done to keep the sound in, put in tall poles to hang tifo off of, etc. You name it, we tried. I'm surprised you hadn't heard that any of this was proposed by now.

3. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard about some of the talk about re-designing them, but never paid them much mind since I'm pretty sure the FO wont consider that until we sell them out game after game.

Was just hoping they'd put us back to the position we were at the first half of last year.

4. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both groups are too big for that now and I also don't think it would add much to the atmosphere anyway.

5. TeleRock

TeleRock Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also being from south Louisiana, I know nothing stirs shit up like a DrunkCajun. :p

Ps. Who Dat!

6. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also...the terraces are in awful shape... these things seem to be on the verge of collapse... there are gaps between the safety rail and the back row... i rolled my ankle standing there...another thing is they are put together lazily and difference each time gaps seems to move from game to game...

7. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The structures need to be improved, but it's an expense that they are unwilling to take at this time. There is a lot that could be done to make them look more impressive such as making them steeper...but then they gotta go though a bunch of red tape crap with building codes if it gets above a certain height. Dimensions aren't even the only problem. For example, do you ever wonder why more people don't clap their hands? Beer. Nobody has any place to set their beer when they are on the terraces. If you set it down it will get kicked over in short order. People don't clap because their hands are full. Thats a fairly simple problem that needs to be looked at. Perhaps not going to far as building places to set a beer, but maybe having beer cups come with lids.

8. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sippy cups!

9. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Since it has been repeated here a few times that the FO won’t consider changes until you guys are close to selling out. I’m curious to know what those numbers are, how many does the terrace hold? How many are in BSG and PA now?

10. Oister

Oister Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Mile High
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The FO wants season ticket holders. A group can have 800 members but if less than 100 are sth's the FO dosent see the demand for expansion.

11. TeleRock

TeleRock Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious as to the actual season ticket holder numbers for each group.

12. ADJ9

ADJ9 New Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if they have 801 members and over 100 hold season tickets?

13. Oister

Oister Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Mile High
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Class VI !!

14. ADJ9

ADJ9 New Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between BSG Standard, BSG Latino and BSG UEFA I thought the BSG would equal or outnumber CVI by now.

15. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet someone breaking an ankle/leg and suing would change that tune right quick. It WILL happen eventually--I've seen the stairs to the top level collapse on people twice now and noticed that they were about to fall and warned people a third time.

16. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We do not have three groups; 'Standard', 'Latino', 'UEFA' within the BSG. It is all one big group.

17. Oister

Oister Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Mile High
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    BSG burgundy and BSG blue....

18. Hoolie Dave

Hoolie Dave New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Pid Army have so many groups we can't count 'em all! Ultra Force, Sloans Lake Tasty Boys, Swink Massive, Boulder Republic, Legend's Legends, the Youth Brigade, Aurora Militia, Northglann SC, Fort Fun 970, 719 Hoolies, Pid Army Girls, Pid skArmy, Whittier Posh Boyz, Rocky Mountain Oysters, the ...s, Pueblo Brigade, and some others that are so underground we just can't tell you without fear of retribution :)

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about the BSG Toasters and Skinjobs? :D

20. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011