Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    You are literally comparing a very unlikely to be true rumour with something that actually happened....

Shay Z repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly. Jovic is more like Icardi whom PSG spent 60 ME few years back and now no one wants. Scamacca is the new shiny thing.

Shay Z and 4x4s repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    AS says Carlo prefers Mayoral as Benzema's back up.
    ______

Carletto will respect Mariano's decision if he chooses to complete his contract(expires in 2023), but he has made it clear that the plans for the forward are different: Benzema, Mayoral and, occasionally, Hazard.

https://as.com/futbol/primera/en-manos-de-mayoral-n/

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine Arsenal wouldn't have spent over 100 mil. for Belotti. My word.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tell me how these strikers worked out. Nobody shows up sparks flying when he doesn't play, and Benzema wants to play even when injured.

Digital, Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They back stabbed RM, Barca, Juve regarding ESL too so I am fine with this. [emoji23] Didn't expect PL clubs to honour their commitment but Atlético and Milan clubs taking the U turn was shocking.

S1na, MiamiNative0722 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, our next significant CF investment should be on an elite talent. If what market offers is Huntelaars and Jovics, we could promote academy players free of cost. Actually Castilla produced competent back ups like Soldado, Negredo, Morata, RDT etc whom we didn't use due to having Benz for so long and Higuain for 6.5 years.

Club will probably take a chance on cheap option like Nascimento (contract ends in 2023) and then significant outlay on Endrick when Benz is close to returning to Lyon. If Haaland decides to leave in 2024 or 25, fine. But we will look to seal Endrick deal regardless.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They dodged that and spent 80 ME on another bust in Pepe.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, except Morata, he was very useful for one season

11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    They played for a season two at a decent level.

Ironically, thats exactly what we need.

Again, perhaps the reason Benz gets to play all these games is because the team has no proper subs.

12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or perhaps as noted already, Benz loves football and loves to play, there's also a reason why players get angry when they are subbed or you hear of unhappy players on the bench, some players actually want to be on the pitch starting all the time, we the fans may say why do they have to play every game, they'll be exhausted but i think some players don't have any interest in sitting games out,

One of the themes re our aging midfield that has been discussed nonstop is how much the players themselves won't accept the bench, they'll want to play, it's the same for Benz, i personally think he wants to be on the pitch as much as possible, i don't think he's thinking "i'd prefer to just play certain games and sit out others" but who knows.....

Shay Z repped this.
  13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    That is ignoring how lost our team looked when he was unavailable. A certain 4-0 drubbing last March springs to mind.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Atletico breached the salary limit last year and have to come up with about 40 million in sales this summer apparently.

If Real don't want to spend on a decent back up striker, I would put in a cheeky loan bid for Morata... offer to pay 50% of his salary for one year. He isn't even on speaking terms with Simeone. I am sure he would rather warm the bench at Real than Atletico.

I kind of want to do this for shits and giggles because Atletico would probably have to agree given their financial situation, especially if Morata refuses to go somewhere else on loan for a year.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fck moRata, no way in hell

16. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata has been an absolute moron since he left RM. I wouldn't put it past him to kiss the Atleti badge if he ever scored against us for them. Hell no

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Even if that was true for a Balon'dor level player, given Karim's age, there comes a point that the club needs to reign in some of what the players want for the benefit of the team.

We are basically playing with fire here.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The thing is that even good players know what they are signing up for and that a fit Benzema is playing. You have to set up a guy for three generations of wealth to convince him to line up for that job and the club doesn't seem to be game to do that.

19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    You seem to give the impression we are looking for a future superstar/star for the backup role, which we don't need. And not for the longterm.

As I've said before, we signed decent players for the backup striker role before. It's not like this is the first time we have a world class striker on the team.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree and believe in this wholeheartedly, putting it into practice with players at this level though is hard, especially with us when the mandate is to always win

I was just giving my opinion on you saying the reason Benz has to play all these games is because the team doesn't have proper subs, i just think at this point no matter who they bring in as a sub Benz will want to play all the time regardless, that's all, and who's the brave manager that is going to tell him no, especially if he is, fit, in form, and we are trying to win as demanded by the club and the fans

4x4s repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A backup striker that this forum likes costs about 60 mil. Euro and earns at least 8 to 10 mil. net, with a sweet 4 year contract.

The era of the "aged player looking for a bench role" is also limited because you're risking to introduce somebody that's phoning it in to the team which can be terrible influence.

Our best bet with the substitute role has been the young player route, that's what I prefer. Morata was perfect for that role in every way, but when a player scores big in small windows, his agent starts hitting the alarm bells.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe if we do get a backup for Benz it will either be Mayoral or Latasa, someone who'll be comfortable on the bench, so, not completely a blackhole but kinda, unless they do get mins and surprise me, we'll see eventually what the plan is

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Who said that the backup striker has to be an established vet?

Well if you are satisfied that the team's backup is barely a Portillo level player. I'm not arguing with you.

Just don't whine if we manage to lose the League if ever Benz is out for an extended period of time and the team doesn't score for back to back games.

24. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    There’s a whole lot of people here who would rather see us lose the league than say they were wrong about he back up CF problem we have.

It’s a losing discussion with them who trust that we’re good with Mayoral and Flo is always right.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #16425 Saeta Rubia, Jul 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    Funny because the back up options people suggest are total utopia like Ronaldo. You need to find someone who's willing to sit on the bench for majority time behind Benz. Already blew 60 ME on Jovic trying that. Even Morata didn't want to do that for beyond a season. What if Benz gets seriously injured? That risk has always been there ever since Higuain left (Competent Morata was here only for 2016-17). Mayoral, Moting type players are the ones willing to be back ups behind Benz, Lewa etc.

Besides, first half of the season is like 2.5 months due to winter WC. If there's a serious injury situation, we could go for an Adebayor 2011 type loan in January. Good players would be more willing to come if they see possible playing time in such a situation.

PigBenis, Zidane05, sneakking and 3 others repped this.