Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    More so Ronaldo’s ego. It would never allow him to settle for that. I respect it but it’s not for us.

benny_madridista repped this.
  2. OMM13

OMM13 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Feb 5, 2021
    I'm sure he wanted to come back last year but I doubt he still wants to come back this year. The reason he's leaving United is to get back in the spotlight by being the star player for a team that's always competing for the biggest titles. Being a rotation option or having to play second fiddle to the man who used to be his sidekick while standing back and watch him lift the Ballon d'Or wouldn't appeal to him at all.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You must be dreaming if you don't think Benz moves all over the front line and into the midfield ALL game long, don't know what games you watch, Ronaldo isn't beating anyone 1v1 for pace either, we clearly look at football differently but i am not the least bit surprised, you must have choked when we actually won the CL with the old slow trash contributing, you'll always find your excuse to suit what you like, we move on.

Drouchk, RMSocrates and benny_madridista repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently some people don't recognize this and watch a different Benz than we do

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love this stuff because Ronaldo, even though he might be at the point of his career where him doing that would be appropriate, he doesn't seem like he wants to be off the ball.

Whenever he's not getting the ball at Manchester United, he's visibly frustrated, he's still getting tons of touches, because that's how he wants to play, and when he doesn't you see him throwing wild gestures all over the place.

Ronaldo is almost 40 and he still hasn't transformed into this CF people think he'd become towards the end of his career. He never really will.

Digital, benny_madridista and temesgen repped this.
  6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure why some here are advocating for a Ronaldo return. He's a legend and we all love him, but he moved on (lot of success that brought him..) and we did as well (and had quite some success btw). People need to consider that you not only bring in Ronaldo, but his whole entourage. Thanks but no thanks.

Also, as others have mentioned, Ronaldo does not come to be a piece in the dressing room and to play a rotational role. Ronaldo - who is merely 2 years older than Benzema - is a center piece, wherever he goes and whenever he goes. That's how his mind and mentality work.

Let's be happy with the new kids that are already doing fantastic. They have enough mentors in Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Alaba and Casemiro. These legendary players are more than capable in passing along how one should live for the game, no need for Ronaldo to help with that.

Again, nope.

S1na, Digital, petros93 and 2 others repped this.
  7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Despite Ronaldo being one of the best players in our history and still being better than most attackers around Europe, we are doing just fine without him and we'll get even better. We have won 2 league titles in 4 seasons since he left and could've won a third if not for a series of wrong VAR handball calls in some decisive games. We are only getting better, and we don't need a 37 year old egomaniac to break it all into pieces.

You can't deny that our dressingroom is more united than ever. There are no egos. Benzema will win Balon d'or yet he'd be happy squaring balls for tap ins and let the younger guys enjoy the limelight. Modric won balon d'or and like Benzema he's such a team player.

Besides we can do without Ronaldo's entourage who have been nothing but pain in the ass for the club. It's so nice to see contract negotiations go so smoothly these days. Not a single one leaking shit and negotiating without making enemies of Perez.

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Basically because all the CF options are either too expensive or crap.

9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo would be expensive as well (him taking a pay cut doesn't necessarily mean he won't be a huge earner). More importantly though, Ronaldo would probably have a negative impact on team dynamics and chemistry. He's just too big of a presence. We really don't need that in this phase.

Sometimes it's good to just let it go, particularly in this case, as both parties having concluded a legendary partnership (that benefited them both).

10. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Ronaldo's mistake was he thought he was greater than Madrid, how he must be regretting his decision now.

ahnaf, Ahmadi8, HZinho and 2 others repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the arrogance of that man knows no boundaries

He is a speck in time compared to Madrid

ImadEdd and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Of course he'd be expensive. And it also depends on the paycut and his image rights. But of course he wouldn't accept a supporting role thats why the transfer is unlikely among others. I doubt he would have a negative impact on team chemistry, because he wasn't the first time around. He isn't Neymar.

The club would also benefit from a "sure thing", rather than another Hazard or Jovic.

Thay being said, I prefer Gnabry.

Anon. repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as Ronaldo is concerned it's simple for me, as per normal i see no point in going backwards, no matter the player, the main emphasis and call has been the need to make the team younger faster and stronger (physically), at this time Ronaldo achieves none of those objectives,

The question has never been about the "quality" of the players that needed to be changed but the age and mobility, it's the same in this case IMO, we've done well enough without him i have no doubt we can continue to do so and that the club will put the right plans in place to assure that happens.

RMSocrates and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I can't even believe this is being discussed and people actually have to explain why Cristiano is a horrendous idea.

Surreal in fact.

RMSocrates and Bear Crotch repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo isn't half the player he was when he left.

16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Dunno about most here, but as it stands we have no back up for Benz and none on the horizon. We got really lucky last season he was fit for most of if it.

All I know is Ron would bang in 15-20 goals in a rotation role here. Yeah, he’s not my first second or third choice but what other options do you see?

But hey, let’s all pretend we don’t need another forward that can actually score and assume Benz will stay healthy all season playing every game.

17. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    No sh*t, great analysis

18. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Neither player is beating for pace 1v1. Benz spends most of his time in the box as does Ronaldo. Both will drop in and help with link up. Surveying the market, what other player who is a veteran that could come in and be in a rotation role and score 15-20 goals for the next two seasons as we wait for the market to flush out? Yeah, waiting…..

Watch the CL final again, we won despite the midfield. Courtois played the match of his life and the defense held strong despite being put in bad positions due to the midfield. Casemerio was flying into tackles as he was super late in recovery and Kroos was useless. Fede covered for him as did Modric. I’m happy we won but don’t rewrite history saying it had anything to do with our midfield.

19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Why would it be going backwards if he's meant to be a band aid solution? The CF options are pretty limited atm.

Everyone here acts as if we want him to be a starter

In fact we don't want him to be a starter, if he wants that, I suggest we move on. Which is most likely.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #16320 Shay Z, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    Friend, he’s not going anywhere to be a “rotation piece”. That’s not who he is. And in his head he wont be that even on the last day of his career. The part of his mentality that makes him a beast is also what makes him delusional about himself. It’s like asking a fish to drive a car. Understand that and the rest of your thoughts become irrelevant.

People who are actually ok with Cristiano coming back now are showing that their view of the game is very FIFA/PES oriented.

Drouchk, Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  21. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Funny friend, you can’t come up with a better solution for our back up for Benz. But all of this is pointless, as he’s not coming to rotate.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    And your “solution” is Cristiano. A solution which is so far away and unrealistic to being a solution it can’t even be called that. You’re digging a deeper hole for yourself with this lmao.

I agree with you that it’s pointless. I’ll just wait for your frothy mouthed posts in November when Benzema picks up a knock and you’re ready to put Florentino on the electric chair for not signing Cristiano. Happy 4th.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    #16323 Seoul Villan, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    I would like a solution to the fact we have no back up for Benz. No Mayoral, Mariano or Jovic. Going into next season with any of those 3 is stupidly and yes, I’ll roast Flo if we go down that path and Benz is out for any length of time as it was completely avoidable.

We missed out on Haaland and Mbappe, so what’s the plan? Tell me oh wise one.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Again this is so surreal.

People actually think the guy who has demanded out of Manchester due to lack of CL and focus on him.... will go to any team and be a backup, reserve or role player.

Seriously. Just stop. That shit is embarrassing.

Drouchk, Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Except no one here claimed that he would go to any team as a backup because of his ambition, ego and other factors.

In fact, everyone here agrees that is only a "what if" scenario and would most likely never happen.

The fact of the matter is, removing our bias, financial hurdles and CR7's ego, he would be quite a good fit. An aging star who wants top flight football, who guarantees goals, takes care of his body and knows the culture.

Seoul Villan repped this.