Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guedes? My lord, wouldn't even take him for free. Seriously blind player, who always seems to trip over his own feet when he has to make a decision whether to pass or shoot, after going on an exciting run for 50 meters. I'd rather keep Jovic or Mariano, sorry.

Shay Z, FigoIsGod, Anon. and 4 others repped this.
  2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Keeping Jovic or Mariano over him...ok now you certainly went too far. :p

3. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Gnabry is miles >>>> Asensio/Jovic/Mariano/LV .....so it's an upgrade to the squad. I'm with it if true.

Still need one more attacker.

Kroosinator, Shay Z, Drouchk and 5 others repped this.
  4. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I also saw those stories and quotes, and I actually take it as a disadvantage.

My first reaction was there is an opening on the right side for him claim, but it sounds like he really wants to play striker. So he is going to move to a club with Benzema ahead of him at striker?

Not sure what to think about that. Maybe he forgets about his striker fantasies if he gets to play for Madrid.

5. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Manchester City paid a premium because that's the only way they were going to go to Manchester City FOOTBALL CLUB as they were not established then. The city had nothing to do with it. Now, anyone would be open to playing for Manchester City as they are a well run club, with a (hate to say it) good manager and they win trophies.

6. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I'm not saying City have to always pay a 30% premium on wages, but clearly many players, particularly those from South America, are going to prefer living in Madrid for the city, the weather, and often the language (not to mention the nightlife, the food....and the women ;)). London might be 3 hours' train trip away, but if you're training at the home ground every day, you're living near the city.

Manchester might be diverse by England standards and have great curry, but it's no Madrid, be real.

Anon. repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Drouchk repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'd have Rodrygo as the first sub for Benz and playing RW at times.

Drouchk repped this.
  9. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    Mane as agreed with Munich, probably Gnabry will be sold
    i still think that Mbappe>Salah>Mane>Gnabry, i think that Gnabry is good but is not in the level of this guys and we will get a breaker, not a tiebreaker.

10. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    I prefer Gnabry over Salah/Mane....they are better players but they already had their peak years in Liverpool and are about 30...another Burger kings .......

Gnabry is not as good but he is younger and the expactations will be lower

Excape Goat repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Salah wants 20 ME nett and Pool wants to renew him as priority. Don't think we wanna go crazy with transfer fee for a player close to 30 after Hazard mishap. Mane was struggling as winger in the first half of this season. He found form in interchangeable role after they signed Diaz in winter.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If we spend 120 M on Tchouameni and Gnabry, my guess would be Mayoral back from loan as back up No.9 to replace Jovic (only loan deal possible).

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everything depends on the price. Sure, I would also take Tchuameni over Pogba (because hes younger), but not if I pay 100 million for Tchuameni and nothing for Pogba. And while I agree with you on Dybala's defending, he is light years ahead of Asensio as a difference maker in attack. You can easily play him against weaker opponents or have him as a wild card from the bench. Hes just what we need in terms of a creative spark that you can plug in right away.

In the end for me its all about value for money. In a regular market, these two would be luxury signings. In a market where both are free, both playing on positions we need reinforcement, and we have just been dealt a hard reputation blow with Mbappe, if I could get them for free AND have money to spare for another massive signing, I wouldn't be nitpicking about their flaws and then get excited about Serge Gnabry of all people.

15. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    120? i dont belive it will be less then 140.(80, 60).
    what about selling Mayroal, Odri, Asensio, Mariano and Jovic, how much we can get on all combine? something that can earn us a decent ST (even sell Mayoral too)

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well considering nearly everyone thinks no genuine striker will come because Benz will always play , as he should do, that may not leave much room for Rodrygo to get any real playing time at all if someone like Gnabry comes,

Hopefully he gets a chance to compete for the spot and not be pigeonholed as a backup on the right no matter who comes (or doesn't), Carlo seems to believe in him somewhat though so that might help

17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'd like him to have minutes on the Right and as a CF next season. Probably the worst thing we could do is spend 80mm on someone just because, the attack needs reinforcement but bigger issues are LB, RB, and midfield.

Digital repped this.
  18. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Any back up striker is going to be a 2nd tier player because they have to play behind Benzema. Unless they get a player that is flexible in terms of position and can play more than one position (e.g. Gnabry)

At the same time the backup can't be a player like Mariano because chances are they will play someone out of position before Mariano players there. As bad as Jovic has played, its unlikely they get someone better than his level for the backup spot.

Even if they sign a player that will start on the right, or compete with Rodrygo on the right, Rodrygo is still the backup for both the left and right wings. Carlos trusts him more and he has taken a jump in quality that warrants playing time. I think he will get the playing time he needs.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think we should pay more than 40-45 ME for Gnabry. Bayern sold Thiago when we had a year left on his contract for 25 ME plus 5 add ons.

Mariano won't leave. Jovic only loan deal possible. We might get 10-15 ME each for the other three.

20. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Mariano has one year left so he can stay as the 3rd option or if it ends up that they need a roster spot because of players they like... just buy him out.

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope we take a look at Unes Unal from Getafe. He was probably one of the top 5 attacking players in La Liga last season, and was a nightmare for us to play against. Hard-working, skillful, tall, and has a decent goal/assist return.

22. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or better yet RDT who not only is superior to any other striker in LaLiga not named Benzema but also from Castilla.

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anon., Saeta Rubia and Drouchk repped this.
  24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    This is great news, the price is good as well.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Signing Gnabry and Tchouameni and getting back Fran for 5mm and Rudiger for free would be a very good summer

CivilProtection, Anon., W8W8 and 7 others repped this.