Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I would be very happy with Salah for the right wing if the finances work. The other names being discussed are all super meh for me.

I would rather have Rodrygo backed up by Hazard for the right wing, than to do a Barca and start stockpiling mediocre attackers for the sake of it.

On those saying Rodrygo should come inside more, he doesn’t stay wide right all game. Many of his goals come from him turning up in the centreforward or inside left position.

I’m quite content if we get Tchouameni alone. The only problem then is injuries, and there’s no way to really build the squad this summer to cover for injuries to Vinicius or Benzema - we will have to just suck it up.

ahnaf, -Reivax-, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do people say Rodrygo needs to come inside more? If anything my concern is we still don’t have a true RW that can naturally take on defenses to the end line and put in quality crosses. Rodrygo does it on occasion and he can certainly get better at it. I just don’t want us to overtax our RB all the time, which is what happens when an Asensio plays on the right.

Drouchk and temesgen repped this.
  3. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is kind of the problem - he's not a natural/comfortable on the right side (not his fault obviously), and he's cutting onto his weaker foot. But with Carvajal's aging, we need a lefty to own that right wing, and if his tendencies are to find goals drifting in from the left or up the center, those spaces are already occupied by Benzema and Vinicius.

Our attack isn't some fluid system where Benzema/Vinicius float over to the right for Rodrygo to interchange. Benz/Vinicius both prefer coming in from the left already.

Drouchk repped this.
  4. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    the one who knows the Brazil market, there isnt a player who much like Vini but RW that we can buy?

5. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Ziyech?

6. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Yeah, this is all speculation. Not sure how this is any different than someone speculating about Lewa? It’s been said he’s looking for a 3 year deal in various reports, so I didn’t make it up. When it comes to Ron, it looks like he’s suffering - the loss of his baby, Manuere struggling, and the reality of no CL. For those reasons I could see him compromising his wage demands and working for part of the team here Madrid. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s all speculation.

I made a point on how I see we could address the back up Forward spot for least amount of money (transfer wise) with the least amount of long term commitment possible, with a player who could probably score 15 goals for us which is a reasonable expectation. And hes familiar with the club and a portion of the players.

Is it ideal? No. I wish we had Haaland, and I think anything we can do to set up for a move for him in two years should be our strategy. That’s why I picked Ron scenario.

Lewa is a better player but I don’t see it happening and the 3 year deal and Nkuku is also not my preference as it’s another gamble like Jovic.

Being pragmatic is a sensible thing if the market is not favorable right now.

7. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think I read someone saying that Vinicius and Rodrygo should roam more behind Benzema.

I think his movement is good already. He can play wide and dribble and cross. He is not a genuine winger but he can cross well and he can also come inside well.

Unless there’s someone available who is world class, I’m fine with him playing at right wing.

Zidane05, YOUNGSTARS87 and Digital repped this.
  8. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    No. Super League will make things worse if anything. There just needs to be genuine FFP. Literally 2/3 ********ing up everything for everyone else.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All of this , also it's not like we have some big 9 that we need to aim crosses at in the box on a constant basis anyway, Benz can get on the end of them but that's not the main feature of his game, as we all know he likes to play on the floor more, come out interact with his midfield and his partners upfront with short accurate passing and movement, Rodrygo's game is actually perfect for this, and we've already seen the fruits of that.

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im ok with it but I think we do need a left-footed option there who can take on players and cut in to shoot. Ziyech, Mahrez, Raphinha, etc..problem is I wouldn’t pay a ton for any of those guys. Asensio stays!! Lol.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought a lot of folks here saw Rodrygo as potentially a backup to Benz because of his finishing ability? Personally I like him and we can all see he is growing but I want a different option on the right in case Rodrygo doesn’t provide the consistency we need or if the gameplay dictates a different type of player there.

Drouchk repped this.
  12. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Not so sure about that -- weren't they interested in Camavinga?

And regardless of what ultimately happened, keep some perspective we did come impressively close to signing their best player away from them, despite him being French and entering his prime.

Zidane05 and Anon. repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A different perspective and another good point.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can't win against PSG on the market, they will always outbid us, and even if we win they will force us to pay crazy money. All I'm saying is there are plenty of fish in the sea, so I don't see why we keep getting fixated on specific targets when we could probe the market.

People who are shocked by this probably haven't seen him. If Tchuameni costs 80 million, then 120 million for Leao is pretty adequate.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is what I have been saying.

People also are ignoring we also play KCM+V a lot as well. We don't desperately need to buy just to buy.

Yeah any additional transfer for the RW would make us better, however that doesn't mean we should do it.

petros93 repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    That's the corner i'm in, Rodrygo is a great talent but simply not a RW, if we go into next season with our attack as is and Benzema isn't as legendary as he's been this season then we're big trouble.

17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I do think Rodrygo's ideal position isn't RW but he's getting better there. LW, CF and SS are all roles I think he can do well in now and we'll need to see if he can continue to adapt to RW.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chelsea are among clubs interested in RB Leipzig forward Christopher Nkunku, who won the Bundesliga Player of the Year.

The 24-year-old is in contract negotiations with the DFB-Pokal winners but the Blues believe they are able to disrupt the talks and take advantage.

Real Madrid are also monitoring the situation, although are reportedly prioritising the signing of Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni, who is also a Blues target.

_________

Nizaar Kinsella who covers Chelsea wrote this. Looks like Nkunku won't renew at RB if top clubs are interested this summer.

Shay Z repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you guys that don’t want to buy anyone accept Kubo in Asensio’s place?

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed, Vin took time to get to where he is, Rodrygo has shown promise and has also been crucial for us playing there in the title and CL runs we've had, he may not have been a RW before he got here but he's always been an attacker, he just needs to get more fluid on the other side, he can do it, we've seen it

temesgen repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would even take Arribas in Asensio's place. Kid has been lighting it up for Castilla.

RMrules repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Why not? Why not even Arribas?

It's odd when people clamor for youth to play but then forget that whenever the summer "season" comes along.

What we need is assurances behind Benzema or someone who can play wide and in the middle. Not another wide player just because.

Believe me I wish we would have gotten one of the gems but we didn't... panicking and getting another good but not amazing player moves the needle but not enough to bet the immediate future on it because we know we have financial limitations.

23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #14723 Hendrix22, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    I would rather buy quality now than hedge and bet on hitting the jackpot with a generational player like with Mbappe. Being at the whim of super entitled personalities, it can easily backfire, as it did, and money should be used to reinvest in the squad not hoard it for god knows when. We can develop these players. We developed Vinicius and Valverde, and Rodrygo and Camavinga are developing quickly. There are gems out there, players like Tchuameni, Leao, Doku and a bunch of others who can become superstars at Real Madrid.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Leao and Doku is literally a gamble attempting to hit the jackpot and both are redundant because they can't play CF and we have two young wide attackers already in our side.

zizou555 repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kubo hasn’t done much. But as @YOUNGSTARS87 I’d take Arribas instead of Asensio and cash in on the latter.