Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Recently, reports have been circulating that the contract talks are completely on hold. “Sport BILD” reports that the German international is in no hurry to extend and might consider leaving on a free in the summer of 2023.

According to the newspaper, Bayern recently offered the winger a new offer with an annual salary of 17-19 million euros (gross wages). Apparently the player did not reject the offer, but he neither accepted it. According to „Sport BILD“ information, Bayern will no longer improve their offer and are waiting for a signal from Gnabry.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think they'd rather keep Lewa and his 50 goals and sell Gnabry if he doesn't renew. Lewa will be almost 35 if they let him go next summer. They could sell Gnabry for close to 50 M and apparently Mane will be the replacement if he doesn't renew with Liverpool.

Shay Z and 4x4s repped this.
  3. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    My disappointment isn’t with believing shit stories in the media and a lot to do with Mbappe pulling a 180 on us. This wasn’t on the media, it was on mbappe.

Shay Z, 4x4s, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In addition to asking for him, Kylian demonstrates with actions his desire to have the Monaco midfielder next season at PSG. Hence, he gave a 'like' to a tweet in which it was said that Luis Campos wants to take Tchouameni to the Parc des Princes.

It could make one think that we are facing a new PSG-Real Madrid battle, but the truth is that Madrid has moved quickly similar to the one they did with Camavinga , a player who also chose Madrid over PSG.

As MARCA announced last Saturday, Real Madrid, as soon as they learned of Mbappé's refusal, activated Tchouameni option again. Tchouameni , as he has confessed to those who are still his companions. now he is clear that his next project goes through Real Madrid. And in that sense the agent is moving, with whom it seems easy to reach an agreement despite the important offer that he has from PSG on the table.

80 million

Now comes the most complicated part, which is to reach an agreement with the leaders of Monaco, who intend to raise 80 million euros. Real Madrid sees it as an exaggerated amount and more so when compared to the 30 they paid for Camavinga last summer. The contacts between the clubs have not gone beyond being the first approximations. From the Bernabéu they hope to find a point of agreement, but as long as the team from the Principality keeps its feet on the ground and the figure can be closed around 60 million euros as a cap.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2022/05/25/628df959268e3ef86c8b4660.html

[​IMG]

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

6. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Gnabry is an obvious choice
    He is 25. Has already won UCL with Bayern. Can play on both wings. Can rotate, got the expérience of a big club, played already with several players in the team.
    Hope the board will get it done soon.

Rudiger Tchouameni Gnabry

LB Back Up Striker and the squad will be even stronger than now.
    2017 vibes.

Drouchk repped this.
  7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Going from Mbappe to Gnabry is a bit meh...

RMrules repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

9. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I hope Ceballos stays even if Tchouameni comes. KCM are all 30+ years old. Ceballos can become a very important rotational player, there are plenty of minutes to go around, the club plays 55-60 games per season. He can become like Nacho but in midfield. Hope he is ok with such a role.

ImadEdd, Bear Crotch, Stiliyan and 4 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Gnabry doesn't excite me. He's about to turn 27 and isn't coming to share minutes but isn't some dominate world beating level of player.

He would make us better but Rodrygo could take the next step and we could save that money for the world beating future target or revelation

Doni, Ahmadi8 and Hendrix22 repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bayern have offered Gnabry around 9-10 ME nett. How much more can he earn at RM really? 12 ME perhaps if the management really rate him and are a bit desperate to sign a known name from a big club. That's Alaba level wages though.

12. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Whos gonna rotate at the right wing with Rodrygo? Ansensio? Valverde?

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You think we should pay €24M in wages for a player who is simply going to rotate?

Again, I'm not saying I don't rate Gnabry but he just doesn't convince me that much. He is good but not worldbeater. Buying him means we won't be spending again in attack for a while.... and I would want more for an attacker.

I liked Nkuku highlights because he seemed to have the explosive gear and I saw a couple of his European performances and one Bundesliga match but people don't rate him.

Just wish we could have gotten Halaand lol.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Get it over the line, Flo

Drouchk, Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We rarely agree but this is precisely my sentiment. For the right wing I would go with either a superstar (Salah, Bernardo Silva, Dembele) or a youngster (Doku, Antony, Zaniolo). In the first scenario Rodrygo continues as a supersub and in the second he becomes an undisputed starter.

16. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Doku didn't play much this Season. Injury prone.
    Majer Bourigeaud Terrier Traoré were their best players.

17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm more worried about a Benzema replacement than a winger.

For the LW we have Vini, Rodrygo and even Hazard.

For RW we have Rodrygo and Asensio, or better yet, the option to play in a 442 with Fede.

Now, consider Benzema gets injured. What options do we have? None, zero, nada.

We can switch around players and systems to cover the wings.

That's why I think we should go for Lewa.

Benzema as a free-roaming RW, Vini, and Lewa as a pure CF is a dream line-up.

That gives us so many options, it allows them to rest properly, and we will spend on a world-class striker instead of a meh winger.

zizou555 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #14643 Hendrix22, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Sure, but he has more talent than all of them together. We wouldn't be buying him based on his success this season. IMO its the best time to buy cheap and without competition. If he overcomes his injuries there, his price will be a nine digit number. If we persuade Rennes to recoup their transfer fee now, its a risk worth taking for 30 something million.

This is a game from about a month ago, you can see he's still just as good as before even if hes not playing at his maximum intensity.

19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think a better solution for a Benzema rotation option would be Gabriel Jesus. Given Benzema's age, he should be able to play enough games to be happy as a backup.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't even know why we would spend big on a RW when Rodrygo is there.

As others have said I'm more concerned with Benzema and needing adequate cover or the future sorted there.

That is why Nkuku just jumped out to me. He plays centrally, scored a ton and didn't need to be automatically thrown in... we could slow play.

However it's a big warning sign when that many people have said the same; they wouldn't do it.

I just wish there was a way we knew Mbappe was playing us and somehow convinced Halaand. We would be sorted, our transfers would be done and we would be all smiles about the future (we should still be smiling we have Vinicius and Rodrygo lol).

Ahmadi8 and Digital repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plus, as I said over and over. They broke Lewa down over and over again. They probably feel they have the upper hand. Gnabry has a bit more leverage.

aneesh and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  22. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I understand your point, however we have to somehow address the impotent right wing. I'm not sure about Gnabry either.
    Salah on paper is great, but if we do manage to buy him I suspect he would want a 5 year contract, a no for me.

As i've stated before, I really doubt we would have beaten City for Haaland even if Flo prioritized him.

This transfer market is pretty barren for our needs past Mbappe & Haaland. I just hope we bring in useful reinforcements. We're still have a good team, we just need to cover all our bases until a new star emerges.

23. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Agree with all of the above, that’s why it’s worth seeing if Ron would come back to rotate in with Benz for at least next season. It’s not a long term commitment and they both will need the rest for the WC year.

I think Flo needs to start the groundwork now with Haaland to get him to come in 2 years. He’s still going to be miles ahead of any option by then.

24. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A Benz back-up is a priority over the RW right now, can Gnabry even play through the centre?!?!

Digital repped this.
  25. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Gabriel Jesus is probably leaving City to become a starter somewhere. I doubt he wants to spend his entire career as a rotating player.

Gabriel gets a big 7 from me. He would be an absolute star in Brazil (as he was in his Palmeiras days), but in Europe he is just that, a meh attacker. Not really a striker, not really a winger, not really a mix of 9 and 10 like Benz.